Windows 10: explorer.exe crash cycling

Discus and support explorer.exe crash cycling in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; so, got home last night from work, opened twitch to watch an art stream, and then explorer closed in the background and then started restarting itself... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by subject0, Jul 27, 2021.

1. subject0 Win User

explorer.exe crash cycling

so, got home last night from work, opened twitch to watch an art stream, and then explorer closed in the background and then started restarting itself repeatedly. everything i have tried so far, hasn't worked. For whatever reason, though, I'm still able to use my internet browser, play youtube videos, whatever, but explorer.exe keeps crashing and restarting every couple of seconds.can anyone help me?Here's what the error log saysDescriptionFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1023, time stamp: 0xc438eef0Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.789, time s

:)

subject0, Jul 27, 2021

2. Windows explore crash when searching

The tenforums link solved this issue for me.

The root cause is a Windows 10 bug where File Explorer crashes when long file names are included in a search result. The steps for the workaround are:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click View > Options
    • Open the View tab
    • Check "Always show icons, never thumbnails"
    • Click OK

The Benjamin Moore, Jul 27, 2021
  3. Bundy Win User
    Explorer crashing

Thanks Zat. I had never looked at event viewer and it had more info than I thought. Seems the problem was a second computer I was trying to network with. Unplugging the ethernet cable fixed the crashes. Explorer must have been looking in the wrong place I guess.

Bundy, Jul 27, 2021
  4. explorer.exe crash cycling

Internet Explorer is slow, crashing, freezing

Hi Albert,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: I would suggest you to run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter which would tell us the reason behind the issue and check.

Follow these steps to run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Click on search and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

Method 2: Follow the steps suggested in this link and check if it helps.

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Reset Internet Explorer disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature
    might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Method 3: I would suggest you to run
    System Maintenance Troubleshooter
    and check if it helps:

• Press Windows + X key. 
    • Select Control panel.
    • In the search box, type Troubleshooter and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security,
    • Click on System Maintenance and Click on Next button.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 27, 2021
Thema:

explorer.exe crash cycling

1. explorer.exe crash cycling - Similar Threads - explorer exe crash

2. When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.: When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes. It is treated only if you transfer this exe file to the desktop and click on it there. After that, the error disappears for a while. What to do?error log in windows journal- System - Provider [ Name] Application Error -...
  3. Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.: Did basic troubleshooting steps, sfc scannow etc nothing showed up.Was using startisback and custom themes, removed them still no fix.Event viewer showsFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1645, time stamp: 0x7c06cc0eFaulting module name: verifier.dll,...
  4. Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.: Did basic troubleshooting steps, sfc scannow etc nothing showed up.Was using startisback and custom themes, removed them still no fix.Event viewer showsFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1645, time stamp: 0x7c06cc0eFaulting module name: verifier.dll,...
  5. Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes: Hello! whenever i open exe file my file explorers stops and i cant click anythinh after 1 hour or so it runs the exe files which if i try to force close using task maganger EXPLORER It blacks out my screen and i got to restart any resolve? if so please reply thanks!...
  7. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes: Hello! whenever i open exe file my file explorers stops and i cant click anythinh after 1 hour or so it runs the exe files which if i try to force close using task maganger EXPLORER It blacks out my screen and i got to restart any resolve? if so please reply thanks!...
  8. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  10. Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.: Hi, I've been having this issue since yesterday. When I try to open the context menu for an executable to, let´s say, launch it as administrator, the cursor appears as loading and the context menu won't appear. I can right-click folders and images, my problem seems to be only...