Windows 10: Explorer.exe crash related to msvcrt.dll

Discus and support Explorer.exe crash related to msvcrt.dll in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I am starting to be afraid (I don't want to reformat anything). During the normal work, especially when I rename files and folders, randomly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pipppero2007, May 14, 2017.

1. Explorer.exe crash related to msvcrt.dll

Hi,

I am starting to be afraid (I don't want to reformat anything).

During the normal work, especially when I rename files and folders, randomly I got a Windows in the center of the screen that tell me that Explorer.exe has crashed and then the screen flashes and I back to work again.

To be more precise:

Runtime Error!
    C:\windows\explorer.ee
    This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an usual way.

In the event viewer:

Explorer.EXE, versione: 10.0.14393.1198
    The module that generated the error msvcrt.dll, versione: 7.0.14393.0

Or sorry for the italian:

Percorso dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: C:\windows\Explorer.EXE
    Percorso del modulo che ha generato l'errore: C:\windows\System32\msvcrt.dll

I thought was the USB HUB that I bought, but now it do the same.

The only program that I installed are Apple iCloud and iTunes, and I also make two MKLINK in my system that C:\ folders go to D:\.

I didnt do anything else.

I recently updated everything.

HELP.

:)

Pipppero2007, May 14, 2017
  2. auggy Win User

Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.10586.494 / Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll / Exception code: 0xc0000005

The error points to the
    msvcrt.dll
    :

Faulting module name: msvcrt.dll, version: 7.0.10586.0, time stamp: 0x5632d79e

However another module may actually be causing the crash.

It may help to see al the modules that are loaded during a crash.

Can you download and run the following application (AppCrashView):

AppCrashView - View application crashes (.wer files) in Windows 7/Vista

Click on one of the recent explorer.exe errors.

Can you copy and paste the information that appears in the lower window that has loaded modules.

auggy, May 14, 2017
  3. auggy Win User
    windows 10 explorer.exe crashing

The two modules mentioned in the crashes, the combase.dll and msvcrt.dll are Microsoft modules and may actually not be causing the crashes.

It may help to see all the modules loaded during a crash.

Can you download and run the following application (AppCrashView):

AppCrashView - View application crashes (.wer files) in Windows 7/Vista

Click on one of the recent explorer.exe errors.

Can you copy and paste the information that appears in the lower window that has loaded modules.

auggy, May 14, 2017
  4. Explorer.exe crash related to msvcrt.dll

Caledon Ken, May 15, 2017
  5. TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Explorer.exe crash related to msvcrt.dll

1. Explorer.exe crash related to msvcrt.dll - Similar Threads - Explorer exe crash

2. Exe related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exe related: Can you tell me what is ztool.exe and will it harm my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-related/4b13d815-837c-4637-b54d-284885fb62ee
  3. Exe related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exe related: Can you tell me what is ztool.exe and will it harm my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-related/4b13d815-837c-4637-b54d-284885fb62ee
  4. oo2.exe related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    oo2.exe related: Can you tell me what is oo2reck.exe. It is showing in c under app data crash dumps as a bin file. Is harmful for my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oo2exe-related/67abdd15-1cb2-4a85-ac25-24315b730fc1
  5. oo2.exe related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    oo2.exe related: Can you tell me what is oo2reck.exe. It is showing in c under app data crash dumps as a bin file. Is harmful for my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oo2exe-related/67abdd15-1cb2-4a85-ac25-24315b730fc1
  6. Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.: Did basic troubleshooting steps, sfc scannow etc nothing showed up.Was using startisback and custom themes, removed them still no fix.Event viewer showsFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1645, time stamp: 0x7c06cc0eFaulting module name: verifier.dll,...
  7. Could not open exe and DLL files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Could not open exe and DLL files: Hi everyone Someone gave me bunch of exe and DLL file and unfortunately my system is not able to open them.I've tried to solve it but still is showing me two different errors for different files.These are the errors:1.Class not registered.You need the following file to be...
  8. Fifa4launcher application crashes related to kernel32.dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fifa4launcher application crashes related to kernel32.dll: I am experiencing Fifa4launcher appcrahes in my Windows 10 Pro laptop, I am working the following configuration: Laptop : Thinkpad t495 Windows 10 Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version 20H2. I was installed application from https://fo4.garena.vn/tai-game. when I run program...
  9. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  10. Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.: Hi, I've been having this issue since yesterday. When I try to open the context menu for an executable to, let´s say, launch it as administrator, the cursor appears as loading and the context menu won't appear. I can right-click folders and images, my problem seems to be only...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explorer msvcrt dll