Windows 10: Explorer.exe crash when right click->New

Discus and support Explorer.exe crash when right click->New in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] Here's an example of a New entry for doc (docx will be similar). You could try deleting that from the registry if you've not already done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by contremaitre, Sep 18, 2017.

1. dalchina New Member

Explorer.exe crash when right click->New

Explorer.exe crash when right click->New [​IMG]

Here's an example of a New entry for doc (docx will be similar).

You could try deleting that from the registry if you've not already done so.

Right click enhancer also offers a New menu editor which can add and delete entries.

dalchina, Sep 24, 2017

2. This ShellNew entry is not here (maybe deleted by new menu editor, when I tried it). I tried adding it again with no difference.

But the key which trigger the bug is not this one, it's : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Discardable\PostSetup\ShellNew \Classes

contremaitre, Sep 24, 2017
  3. dalchina New Member
    Mine looks like this: (can't show it all)

dalchina, Sep 24, 2017
  4. Explorer.exe crash when right click->New

mine is the same, except docx is capital. As I said earlier, I can change it to minus docx, it works one time but gets overwritten by system.

5. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Sep 24, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    You could try capturing events with Sysinternals Procmon (free from MS). Since you are looking for a =n event related to a specific registry key related to a specific action, you have a fair chance of seeing what's changing that key.

By default it captures EVERYTHING but you can
    a. filter the list
    b. search the capture

dalchina, Sep 24, 2017
  7. Can you try removing one item of this list, open the rignt click, new menu, and check if the item is still removed ?

8. dalchina New Member

I don't wish to modify mine, sorry

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Explorer.exe crash when right click->New - Similar Threads - Explorer exe crash

2. Explorer crashes when opened or when right click.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer crashes when opened or when right click.: Whenever I open Explorer from "win+e", the start menu or the command prompt shows a window and then crashes. I checked the event viewer and it shows these errors in the "Application" logs:Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.26052.1000, time stamp:...
  3. Explorer crashes when opened or when right click.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer crashes when opened or when right click.: Whenever I open Explorer from "win+e", the start menu or the command prompt shows a window and then crashes. I checked the event viewer and it shows these errors in the "Application" logs:Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.26052.1000, time stamp:...
  4. Explorer crashing on right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer crashing on right click: Explorer.exe keeps crashing when I right click in a window or on the desktop. This seemed to start happening randomly and not after a Windows update or anything in particular.I have tried the following:-Disabled antivirus-Disabled context menu's using ShellExView-Booting into...
  5. Explorer crashing on right click

Explorer crashing on right click: Explorer.exe keeps crashing when I right click in a window or on the desktop. This seemed to start happening randomly and not after a Windows update or anything in particular.I have tried the following:-Disabled antivirus-Disabled context menu's using ShellExView-Booting into...
  6. When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.: When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes. It is treated only if you transfer this exe file to the desktop and click on it there. After that, the error disappears for a while. What to do?error log in windows journal- System - Provider [ Name] Application Error -...
  7. When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.

When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.: When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes. It is treated only if you transfer this exe file to the desktop and click on it there. After that, the error disappears for a while. What to do?error log in windows journal- System - Provider [ Name] Application Error -...
  8. File Explorer Crashes When Right Clicking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Crashes When Right Clicking: Long story short, whenever I try to rick click a file, File Explorer crashes. This doesn't happen with folders, and it doesn't happen on the desktop. File Explorer also crashes when I try to move a file by dragging it, and it also sometimes crashes when I go into a folder,...
  9. Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.

Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.: Hi, I've been having this issue since yesterday. When I try to open the context menu for an executable to, let´s say, launch it as administrator, the cursor appears as loading and the context menu won't appear. I can right-click folders and images, my problem seems to be only...
  10. Windows Explorer crashes when right clicking to open a new folder

Windows Explorer crashes when right clicking to open a new folder: Windows Explorer crashes when right clicking to open a new folder -info: I have remapped the documents, pictures, videos, desktop, downloads and folders to the D drive where I want my files to reside and have installed Adobe Creative Cloud The problem details are below,...
Tags: