Windows 10: explorer.exe crashed. Laptop put to sleep, nothing happens.

Discus and support explorer.exe crashed. Laptop put to sleep, nothing happens. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop (Acer Nitro 5) is having an issue where explorer.exe has crashed and I put my laptop to sleep and I turned it back on an nothing happened. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by goldman in sc, Jun 5, 2019.

1. explorer.exe crashed. Laptop put to sleep, nothing happens.

My laptop (Acer Nitro 5) is having an issue where explorer.exe has crashed and I put my laptop to sleep and I turned it back on an nothing happened. It keeps popping back up on my login screen sometimes, but the rest of the time it goes to my personalization colour (red) and it seems to be working now but what do I do if this happens again?

:)

goldman in sc, Jun 5, 2019
  2. Bundy Win User

Explorer crashing

Thanks Zat. I had never looked at event viewer and it had more info than I thought. Seems the problem was a second computer I was trying to network with. Unplugging the ethernet cable fixed the crashes. Explorer must have been looking in the wrong place I guess.

Bundy, Jun 5, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 5, 2019
  4. explorer.exe crashed. Laptop put to sleep, nothing happens.

Windows explore crash when searching

The tenforums link solved this issue for me.

The root cause is a Windows 10 bug where File Explorer crashes when long file names are included in a search result. The steps for the workaround are:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click View > Options
    • Open the View tab
    • Check "Always show icons, never thumbnails"
    • Click OK

The Benjamin Moore, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

explorer.exe crashed. Laptop put to sleep, nothing happens.

1. explorer.exe crashed. Laptop put to sleep, nothing happens. - Similar Threads - explorer exe crashed

2. if i put the laptop in sleep mode, it is not sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    if i put the laptop in sleep mode, it is not sleeping: if i put the laptop in sleep mode, lock screen is not appearingi tried many times, it has been many months the laptop is not locking only and if i close the lid, lock screen does not appear, only the screen blacks out and when i open the lid back on i come where i left off...
  3. if i put the laptop in sleep mode, it is not sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    if i put the laptop in sleep mode, it is not sleeping: if i put the laptop in sleep mode, lock screen is not appearingi tried many times, it has been many months the laptop is not locking only and if i close the lid, lock screen does not appear, only the screen blacks out and when i open the lid back on i come where i left off...
  4. Manually putting laptop to sleep and

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manually putting laptop to sleep and: Can someone please tell me what I did? I was fooling around, trying to have the laptop awake out of sleep and have the same landscape picture be there each time. I wasn't successful with that but also now, when I put the laptop to sleep from the Start button, it goes to sleep...
  5. Manually putting laptop to sleep and

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Manually putting laptop to sleep and: Can someone please tell me what I did? I was fooling around, trying to have the laptop awake out of sleep and have the same landscape picture be there each time. I wasn't successful with that but also now, when I put the laptop to sleep from the Start button, it goes to sleep...
  6. Windows crashes when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashes when put to sleep: This has been happeniing for about a week or so now, ever since the latest windows update.Every time I put my PC to sleep, it works fine for about 4 minutes, then crashes and reboots into BIOSonly started happening with the latest Windows update,and even more strangely when I...
  7. Windows crashes when put to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crashes when put to sleep: This has been happeniing for about a week or so now, ever since the latest windows update.Every time I put my PC to sleep, it works fine for about 4 minutes, then crashes and reboots into BIOSonly started happening with the latest Windows update,and even more strangely when I...
  8. putting laptop to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    putting laptop to sleep: steps to put my Dell Laptop to sleep when I am finished for the dat https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/putting-laptop-to-sleep/34898161-305a-4188-99a0-a59f33c640f5
  9. Laptop crashing and shutting down when put in sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop crashing and shutting down when put in sleep mode: Hi, I'm having a crashing issue with a Toshiba Satellite S855-S5165 laptop. When the computer is put in sleep mode, the screen blacks out and the laptop freezes for ~ 5 minutes. After five minutes the laptop will crash and shutdown, generating a dump file. This happens...
  10. putting laptop to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    putting laptop to sleep: I was told by an IT Pro to put the laptop to sleep when I was done using it. Why then overnight at times i turn it on the next day and it is completely shut down, I must hit the power button to get it back on, who or why does this happen? 105593
Tags: