Windows 10: explorer.exe crashes on restart

Discus and support explorer.exe crashes on restart in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; build 10049 (was ok on build 9xxx) when i restart or shutdown, 9/10 times i get explorer.exe crash with memory could not be read, happens on 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by drawclif, Apr 11, 2015.

1. drawclif Win User

explorer.exe crashes on restart

build 10049 (was ok on build 9xxx)
    when i restart or shutdown, 9/10 times i get explorer.exe crash with memory could not be read, happens on 2 different machines altho not so far on my Asus notebook.
    any ideas to help please !
    Thanks
    David

:)

drawclif, Apr 11, 2015

2. HELP! explorer.exe keeps crashing. [Windows 10]

Now when I click troubleshooter explorer.exe crashes and restarts again.

Wind&Fire, Apr 11, 2015
  3. LOW GAME PERFORMANCE

I still need help with the Explorer.EXE crashing and restarting isssue, due to the Shell constantly crashing becuase of the faulty module ntdll.dll

Triple-AAY, Apr 11, 2015
Thema:

explorer.exe crashes on restart

1. explorer.exe crashes on restart - Similar Threads - explorer exe crashes

2. File Explorer crashing and restarting constantly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer crashing and restarting constantly: File Explorer has started crashing the last few days and it's driving me up the wall. It hangs, then a progress bar starts creeping up the file location box, until everything disappears. During this process the pointer is a spinning blue circle and I can't click anywhere else...
  3. Windows Explorer crash/restarting

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer crash/restarting: For a few weeks now I've had issues with windows explorer crashing/restarting every hour, sometimes more. When ever i check event view it always shows. Did a fresh install today to see if it would stopped but it happened again right after I installed Intel Chipset drivers. (...
  4. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  5. Windows explorer crashing and restarting continuously on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows explorer crashing and restarting continuously on startup: Hello This afternoon I had my laptop standing by itself for maybe half an hour, when I got back to it, it had restarted and now when I log on it gets maybe 2 seconds into starting up whatever programs are set to start up, and then Windows Explorer crashes, the screen goes...
  6. Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.: Hi, I've been having this issue since yesterday. When I try to open the context menu for an executable to, let´s say, launch it as administrator, the cursor appears as loading and the context menu won't appear. I can right-click folders and images, my problem seems to be only...
  7. Windows Explorer crashes and restarts again in Windows10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer crashes and restarts again in Windows10: I had Windows 7 in my system for a long time, but recently Windows explorer was getting crashed frequently so I updated to Windows 10 and also removed all the newly added softwares, but the problem didn't get solved. Now it was crashing but restarting again, apart from this...
  8. Explorer crashes, attempts self-restart, freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer crashes, attempts self-restart, freezes: After I click on a few windows after a long time after startup, explorer stops responding. It detects a crash and restarts itself. When it completes, this shows: [img] Only the main features of the taskbar show and no buttons work. When I hover over the taskbar the...
  9. orgnwrks32.exe crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    orgnwrks32.exe crashing: If I open up a sample or a project, most functions will work; However; If I try to setup a new project; it crashes. Uninstalled/Reinstalled dozens of times; no luck
  10. File Explorer keeps crashing/restarting/flickering

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer keeps crashing/restarting/flickering: I am having an incredibly frustrating set of problems that I believe started in the past two weeks or so. It's happening on two different computers but both are virtually identical: Windows 10, nVidia Quadro 4000m, Dell 5k monitors, and basically the same software installed...
Tags: