Windows 10: explorer.exe crashes repeatedly on startup

Discus and support explorer.exe crashes repeatedly on startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I'm starting up Windows, I login and my desktop starts flashing, I can CTRL+ALT+DEL I checked my reliabilty monitor Faulting Application Path:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Expzr, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Expzr Win User

explorer.exe crashes repeatedly on startup

When I'm starting up Windows, I login and my desktop starts flashing, I can CTRL+ALT+DEL
    I checked my reliabilty monitor

Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe
    Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: BEX64
    Application Name: Explorer.EXE
    Application Version: 10.0.19041.746
    Application Timestamp: ca234864
    Fault Module Name: ucrtbase.dll
    Fault Module Version: 10.0.19041.546
    Fault Module Timestamp: 43cbc11d
    Exception Offset: 000000000007287e
    Exception Code: c0000409
    Exception Data: 0000000000000007
    OS Version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.101
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 3e36
    Additional Information 2: 3e366468f671ec40ae3574fd2792278e
    Additional Information 3: 9721
    Additional Information 4: 97211be6081468b6cd3a4ab61216d0c0

and this shows
    any idea whats causing this

:)

Expzr, Feb 6, 2021
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Windows explore crash when searching

The tenforums link solved this issue for me.

The root cause is a Windows 10 bug where File Explorer crashes when long file names are included in a search result. The steps for the workaround are:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click View > Options
    • Open the View tab
    • Check "Always show icons, never thumbnails"
    • Click OK

The Benjamin Moore, Feb 6, 2021
  4. Bundy Win User

Explorer crashing

Thanks Zat. I had never looked at event viewer and it had more info than I thought. Seems the problem was a second computer I was trying to network with. Unplugging the ethernet cable fixed the crashes. Explorer must have been looking in the wrong place I guess.

Bundy, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

1. explorer.exe crashes repeatedly on startup - Similar Threads - explorer exe crashes

2. Windows 10 - Game crashes on startup repeatedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Game crashes on startup repeatedly: I have played Sea of Thieves for years now, and ever since Sunday the 18th, it has had issues regarding the launching of the game.I was updating it following the latest patch/update, and since then I have received error code: 0xc0000005 upon the splash screen of the game,...
  3. Windows 10 - Game crashes on startup repeatedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - Game crashes on startup repeatedly: I have played Sea of Thieves for years now, and ever since Sunday the 18th, it has had issues regarding the launching of the game.I was updating it following the latest patch/update, and since then I have received error code: 0xc0000005 upon the splash screen of the game,...
  4. File explorer repeatedly crashes on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer repeatedly crashes on startup: I have recently been having an issue with file explorer on windows 10. When logging into my account, none of the desktop icons show and file explorer refuses to open. Every time I click on the desktop, file explorer crashes and restarts.I have used task manager to end task...
  5. File explorer repeatedly crashes on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer repeatedly crashes on startup: I have recently been having an issue with file explorer on windows 10. When logging into my account, none of the desktop icons show and file explorer refuses to open. Every time I click on the desktop, file explorer crashes and restarts.I have used task manager to end task...
  6. File explorer repeatedly crashes on startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows Desktop explorer.exe is repeatedly crashing on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Desktop explorer.exe is repeatedly crashing on startup: Hello, Recently, I have been welcomed with a repeatedly crashing Windows Desktop explorer.exe experience. What I mean by that is when I sign in the normal desktop goes from wallpaper to black to wallpaper to black etc. as well as the desktop task bar. Only way I've been able...
  8. Explorer crashing on startup

Explorer crashing on startup: Hi, Running Windows 10 Home 64-bit 1909. When Windows starts, explorer crashes every 1 secondish roughly 20 times before it stops crashing and loads properly. I cant find much about it online so hopefully someone can help? I've tried disabling all my startup programs...
  9. ForzaHorizon4.exe crashing on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ForzaHorizon4.exe crashing on startup: Hi, I need help to solve this problem, please. When searching for MoBEX all I find is problems with edge. Hopefully I can be helpful providing more information if required ForzaHorizon4.exe Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Program...
  10. Windows 10 - Explorer crashes repeatedly several times at startup

Windows 10 - Explorer crashes repeatedly several times at startup: Ihave the exact same problem descrived here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance-winpc/explorerexe-keeps-stopping-or-crashing-windows-10/a9d24ccb-d935-49fc-a72a-8cefe8648378 At startup and on other occasions, something crashes...