Windows 10: Explorer.exe Crashes whenever I move Browser Tabs

Discus and support Explorer.exe Crashes whenever I move Browser Tabs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For a while, I have been experiencing this issue. Didn't seem to matter what version of Windows 10 I use or if I just do a complete reinstall of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LouisBonaviso1, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Explorer.exe Crashes whenever I move Browser Tabs

For a while, I have been experiencing this issue. Didn't seem to matter what version of Windows 10 I use or if I just do a complete reinstall of the OS. Whenever I drag a Tab from a Browser like Microsoft Edge to another window, it causes Explorer.exe to crash for some reason.

I've done just about every troubleshooting method I could find. I can only conclude that this is a bug that Microsoft needs to fix. Has anyone experienced this, and know of a way to fix this?

Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.662, time stamp: 0x996782f8

Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.546, time stamp: 0x43cbc11d

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x000000000007287e

Faulting process id: 0x12a8

Faulting application start time: 0x01d6dde9ee4ade91

Faulting application path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll

Report Id: 8923a471-8241-4048-86a6-3ee6d3e89aae

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

:)

LouisBonaviso1, Dec 29, 2020

2. Browser Tab Crashing

Hi,

Corrupted browser cache and extensions are some of the things that can cause your browser to crash. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • Have you tried using a different browser other than the ones mentioned above? If yes, did you encounter the same error?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve your concern?

To rule out any performance issues, we suggest that you replicate your concern while you're in the clean boot environment and check if the issue persists. To do this, follow the steps provided on this

link

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Momo_54 Win User
    Browser Tab Crashing

My browser keeps crashing usually when I am on the Yahoo main page but a few times when using other apps such as Zillow or Amazon. I have tried both Firefox and Chrome. The error message is "Your tab just crashed" I report the crash everytime.

Firefox and Chrome are all updated.

I am running Windows 10 Ver 1607

Any suggestions?

[ Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures
    ]

Momo_54, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Explorer.exe Crashes whenever I move Browser Tabs

Tabs in browser

Hi Robert,

There could be changes made in your Internet Explorer settings that have caused the tabs to not open right away when the browser is launched. To set Internet Explorer to open several websites upon launch, follow these steps:

• Launch Internet Explorer.
    • Open the websites you want to automatically open when IE is launch.
    • Once done, click the Tools (gear-like) icon located in the upper-right hand corner of the page, then select Internet options.
    • In the General tab, under Home page, click Use current.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    • Close and relaunch Internet Explorer and see if the websites open right away.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Explorer.exe Crashes whenever I move Browser Tabs

1. Explorer.exe Crashes whenever I move Browser Tabs - Similar Threads - Explorer exe Crashes

2. Whenever I open any Folder in File Explorer, the tab goes to Not Responding and crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I open any Folder in File Explorer, the tab goes to Not Responding and crashes.: I am on a Windows 11 PC and this is making it so I cannot access any of my files. I have tried restarting both the file explorer and my computer various times as well as when I try to recover to a recent backup, I am met with a 0x80070017 error. I have two recovery dates...
  3. Whenever I open any Folder in File Explorer, the tab goes to Not Responding and crashes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I open any Folder in File Explorer, the tab goes to Not Responding and crashes.: I am on a Windows 11 PC and this is making it so I cannot access any of my files. I have tried restarting both the file explorer and my computer various times as well as when I try to recover to a recent backup, I am met with a 0x80070017 error. I have two recovery dates...
  4. Multitude of Bsod's, frequent crashing browser tabs

Multitude of Bsod's, frequent crashing browser tabs: My pc is one I built myself about 4 months ago. Starting about a week back or so, I started getting random bluescreens. More recently these have become more frequent to a painful degree. The Bsod screens have a pretty wide variety, such as but not entirely limited to:"Page...
  5. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes: Hello! whenever i open exe file my file explorers stops and i cant click anythinh after 1 hour or so it runs the exe files which if i try to force close using task maganger EXPLORER It blacks out my screen and i got to restart any resolve? if so please reply thanks!...
  6. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes: Hello! whenever i open exe file my file explorers stops and i cant click anythinh after 1 hour or so it runs the exe files which if i try to force close using task maganger EXPLORER It blacks out my screen and i got to restart any resolve? if so please reply thanks!...
  7. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

8. Explorer crashes whenever I copy a file

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer crashes whenever I copy a file: I was having issues so I did a fresh install on Windows 10 Professional and make sure I had all of the updates. Now when I copy and paste a file somewhere, move a file or create a shortcut it causes explorer to crash and I'm not sure why as I haven't modified any system...
  9. Powerpoint 2016 crashes whenever I open info tab

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Powerpoint 2016 crashes whenever I open info tab: As stated on the title^^. I've been having this issue for quite a while. I attached the log event https://www.dropbox.com/s/5h2lu1vkyw...rash.evtx?dl=0 Anyone is able to rectify the issue? Much appreciated *Smile 57084
  10. Explorer crashes whenever I open a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer crashes whenever I open a folder: Hello, I have been having a problem recently where whenever I try to open a folder explorer crashes and reloads, making it unusable. I'm sick of having to use 7-zip, which is not meant to be used for browsing files, to browse files. Event logs says that the problem is...