Windows 10: Explorer.exe crashing alot

Discus and support Explorer.exe crashing alot in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello All Just recently started using Windows Defender/Windows Security in 1809, decided today to clean up Music folder, for some reason though in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AMDMan2016, May 6, 2019.

1. Explorer.exe crashing alot

Hello All

Just recently started using Windows Defender/Windows Security in 1809, decided today to clean up Music folder, for some reason though in middle of working on cleaning up some empty folders, explorer.exe crashes and restarts. Then i have to remember where i was

Any ideas why this is happening? is it related to left over Avast stuff that i though i got fully rid of? Should i do a system reset soon of my Intel I7 Desktop?

:)

AMDMan2016, May 6, 2019

2. Windows explore crash when searching

The tenforums link solved this issue for me.

The root cause is a Windows 10 bug where File Explorer crashes when long file names are included in a search result. The steps for the workaround are:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click View > Options
    • Open the View tab
    • Check "Always show icons, never thumbnails"
    • Click OK

The Benjamin Moore, May 6, 2019
  3. Bundy Win User
    Explorer crashing

Thanks Zat. I had never looked at event viewer and it had more info than I thought. Seems the problem was a second computer I was trying to network with. Unplugging the ethernet cable fixed the crashes. Explorer must have been looking in the wrong place I guess.

Bundy, May 6, 2019
  4. peach1971 Win User

Explorer.exe crashing alot

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 6, 2019
Thema:

Explorer.exe crashing alot

1. Explorer.exe crashing alot - Similar Threads - Explorer exe crashing

2. Explorer.exe crashing alot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Explorer.exe crashing alot: Hello All Just recently started using Windows Defender/Windows Security in 1809, decided today to clean up Music folder, for some reason though in middle of working on cleaning up some empty folders, explorer.exe crashes and restarts. Then i have to remember where i was...
  3. Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.: Hi, I've been having this issue since yesterday. When I try to open the context menu for an executable to, let´s say, launch it as administrator, the cursor appears as loading and the context menu won't appear. I can right-click folders and images, my problem seems to be only...
  4. Explorer Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer Crashing: Explorer is crashing (although it restarts itself as per normal). I am running Windows 10 pro 64 bit and Windows 1809 OS Bld 17763.1 (yes the October update before it was withdrawn - but I am not going to blame this necessarily. But just so any forum users know what I am...
  5. Explorer Crashing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explorer Crashing: Explorer is crashing (although it restarts itself as per normal). Looking in the Event Log I can see this event (I think). It says: Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.17763.1, time stamp: 0x8f6f57b3 Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time...
  6. Explorer Crashes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Explorer Crashes: Explorer Crashes after renaming 40 or 50 files and has to be restarted. 44556
  7. Explorer Crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Crashing: Thankfully I didn't have to do that (particularly with my recent experience having to do it 2 weeks ago).
  8. orgnwrks32.exe crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    orgnwrks32.exe crashing: If I open up a sample or a project, most functions will work; However; If I try to setup a new project; it crashes. Uninstalled/Reinstalled dozens of times; no luck
  9. Explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer crashes: I'm getting explorer crashes when I click on some desktop shortcuts(This PC, control pannel, and a folder shortcut). It seems to happen randomly. I can get it to replicate almost all the time if I go to the event viewer first then click on these shortcuts. In the error log it...
  10. Crash Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Crash Explorer: Hello my windows explorer crash loop 1 minute after opening the Windows 10 desktop, I'm Version 10240 Here is the event log Nom de l’application défaillante explorer.exe, version : 10.0.10240.16405, horodatage : 0x55b455cf Nom du module défaillant : unknown, version...