Windows 10: Explorer.exe crashing continously after Windows 10 install

Discus and support Explorer.exe crashing continously after Windows 10 install in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've just installed Windows 10 (free upgrade from Windows 7 home) on my Levovo G550 laptop. The upgrade went OK until near the end when it hit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NickD, Aug 14, 2015.

1. NickD Win User

Explorer.exe crashing continously after Windows 10 install

I've just installed Windows 10 (free upgrade from Windows 7 home) on my Levovo G550 laptop. The upgrade went OK until near the end when it hit problems, first sitting with msg 'this is taking longer than usual but should complete soon' for about 45 minutes then leaving me with a blank black screen with a cursor. There appeared to be disk drive activity so I left it for several hours , eventually giving up and rebooting. Windows 10 come up but the screen started flashing after about 30 secs and flashed, totally unusable, for a couple of minutes and then stops flashing with an explorer.exe crash screen appearing saying 'the instruction at 0x00000000 referenced memory at 0x00000000.The memory could not be written.Click OK to terminate'. If I click OK the flashing starts again until it crashes again. If I leave this error box on the screen the system is perfectly usable and works fine.

So how do I get rid of the explorer.exe error ? I can't see any way of re-installing Windows 10, in fact the whole Windows Update facility seems to be missing from my control panel.

Can anyone help ?

:)

NickD, Aug 14, 2015
  2. AnvayRai Win User

Errors after Windows 10 upgradation

Since upgrading to windows 10, my system in crashing continously, keyboard is not working properly, settings are not opening, on opening edge and store, getting messages explorer.exe is missing, utility window not found, dolby home theater not working, energy
    management crashed,can't even go back to windows7, can't personalise my laptop, accessories are not working.

AnvayRai, Aug 14, 2015
  3. windows 10 up gradation problem

Hi,

I am trying to update my windows 7 professional to windows 10.

During installation windows setup start checking updates and after that sometime my laptop is getting crashed continously at the same point.

SALMAN QADIR., Aug 14, 2015
Thema:

Explorer.exe crashing continously after Windows 10 install

1. Explorer.exe crashing continously after Windows 10 install - Similar Threads - Explorer exe crashing

2. Windows 10 continous repair loop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 continous repair loop: upgraded to windows 10 from a 8.1 disk when 10 come out. Now computer in a automatic repair loop. tried making a recovery disk from another win 10 computer no lick. Do I have to buy the windows 10 disk or is there something else I can do?...
  3. Explorer freezes when launching .exe installer file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer freezes when launching .exe installer file.: Hello, This is a non existential issue but a really boring one. Whenever I try to launch an .exe INSTALLER application, wherever I launched it from freezes for around 5 minutes or more before launching the installer. For exemple when I download a random installer, let's say...
  4. Windows Explorer crashing in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer crashing in windows 10: Recently moved back to Windows from Apple after more than 10 years. And am not sure if this was a wise decision especially now I am experiencing windows explorer crashing after only 1 month of buying a new laptop. It seems to only happen in certain occasions when I open a...
  5. Crash after clean install of windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crash after clean install of windows 10: Hey guys any help would be much appreciated Recently had some BSOD drama and was unable to log back in, I have my OS on its own drive so I did a fresh reinstall of windows 10 2 days ago. I just had a crash for the first time, system service exception. I was hoping someone...
  6. Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.: Hi, I've been having this issue since yesterday. When I try to open the context menu for an executable to, let´s say, launch it as administrator, the cursor appears as loading and the context menu won't appear. I can right-click folders and images, my problem seems to be only...
  7. Can't install exe files after download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install exe files after download: Need your help with this and I am not sure exactly what happen with this. Anyway for the last two days I download the files in zip from the Internet like one is Majorgeeks (mostly). No problem to download onto downloads folder then unzip the exe file to temporary folder on...
  8. Windows 10 - Windows Explorer Crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - Windows Explorer Crashes: Recently (over the past 6 months), windows explorer continually crashes. This occurs whether I am just using a browser and maybe MS Office or when I am trying to transfer files to/from and external drive and the computer hard drive. Can you please provide info. on a fix as...
  9. Windows 10 explorer crashing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 explorer crashing: There is a nonsense: windows explorer has been locked in my windows 7 for some time, but now it also happens in windows 10. Whenever I save or modify a file (photos, word, configure option like sound, etc) or even I'm exit a program and enter on explorer to see folders, This...
  10. orgnwrks32.exe crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    orgnwrks32.exe crashing: If I open up a sample or a project, most functions will work; However; If I try to setup a new project; it crashes. Uninstalled/Reinstalled dozens of times; no luck