Windows 10: Explorer.exe crashing continously after Windows 10 install

Discus and support Explorer.exe crashing continously after Windows 10 install in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've just installed Windows 10 (free upgrade from Windows 7 home) on my Levovo G550 laptop. The upgrade went OK until near the end when it hit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NickD, Aug 14, 2015.

1. NickD Win User

Explorer.exe crashing continously after Windows 10 install

I've just installed Windows 10 (free upgrade from Windows 7 home) on my Levovo G550 laptop. The upgrade went OK until near the end when it hit problems, first sitting with msg 'this is taking longer than usual but should complete soon' for about 45 minutes then leaving me with a blank black screen with a cursor. There appeared to be disk drive activity so I left it for several hours , eventually giving up and rebooting. Windows 10 come up but the screen started flashing after about 30 secs and flashed, totally unusable, for a couple of minutes and then stops flashing with an explorer.exe crash screen appearing saying 'the instruction at 0x00000000 referenced memory at 0x00000000.The memory could not be written.Click OK to terminate'. If I click OK the flashing starts again until it crashes again. If I leave this error box on the screen the system is perfectly usable and works fine.

So how do I get rid of the explorer.exe error ? I can't see any way of re-installing Windows 10, in fact the whole Windows Update facility seems to be missing from my control panel.

Can anyone help ?

:)

NickD, Aug 14, 2015
  2. AnvayRai Win User

Errors after Windows 10 upgradation

Since upgrading to windows 10, my system in crashing continously, keyboard is not working properly, settings are not opening, on opening edge and store, getting messages explorer.exe is missing, utility window not found, dolby home theater not working, energy
    management crashed,can't even go back to windows7, can't personalise my laptop, accessories are not working.

AnvayRai, Aug 14, 2015
  3. windows 10 up gradation problem

Hi,

I am trying to update my windows 7 professional to windows 10.

During installation windows setup start checking updates and after that sometime my laptop is getting crashed continously at the same point.

SALMAN QADIR., Aug 14, 2015
Thema:

Explorer.exe crashing continously after Windows 10 install

1. Explorer.exe crashing continously after Windows 10 install - Similar Threads - Explorer exe crashing

2. Continous BSOD even after fresh windows install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continous BSOD even after fresh windows install: Over the last week I have had continious bsod crashes that I am unable to identify the root cause for and they continue even after reinstalling windows. Is anyone able to look at the memory dmp for me and see if you can find the root...
  3. Continous BSOD even after fresh windows install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continous BSOD even after fresh windows install: Over the last week I have had continious bsod crashes that I am unable to identify the root cause for and they continue even after reinstalling windows. Is anyone able to look at the memory dmp for me and see if you can find the root...
  4. Continous BSOD even after fresh windows install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.: Did basic troubleshooting steps, sfc scannow etc nothing showed up.Was using startisback and custom themes, removed them still no fix.Event viewer showsFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1645, time stamp: 0x7c06cc0eFaulting module name: verifier.dll,...
  6. Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.: Did basic troubleshooting steps, sfc scannow etc nothing showed up.Was using startisback and custom themes, removed them still no fix.Event viewer showsFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1645, time stamp: 0x7c06cc0eFaulting module name: verifier.dll,...
  7. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes: Hello! whenever i open exe file my file explorers stops and i cant click anythinh after 1 hour or so it runs the exe files which if i try to force close using task maganger EXPLORER It blacks out my screen and i got to restart any resolve? if so please reply thanks!...
  8. Windows 10 freezes continously

Windows 10 freezes continously: Hello, I own a laptop which came preinstalled with Windows 10 Home about 4 years ago. 3 years ago, it stopped working. The most I can use Windows 10 for without it completely crashing is about 10 minutes. A lot of the times, it freezes even before I can log in. On Linux, the...
  9. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  10. Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.: Hi, I've been having this issue since yesterday. When I try to open the context menu for an executable to, let´s say, launch it as administrator, the cursor appears as loading and the context menu won't appear. I can right-click folders and images, my problem seems to be only...
Tags: