Windows 10: Explorer.exe Crashing on Login

Discus and support Explorer.exe Crashing on Login in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey everyone, I hope I'm posting in the right area. I have an HP 8460p laptop and I recently got the free upgrade to Windows 10. The opening screens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DRizzle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. DRizzle Win User

Explorer.exe Crashing on Login

Hey everyone, I hope I'm posting in the right area. I have an HP 8460p laptop and I recently got the free upgrade to Windows 10. The opening screens look normal. However, everytime I login, Explorer.exe crashes (or just dissapears) and I am left with a blank screen and a Mouse cursor. Control-alt-delete works and I can access most programs through cmd prompt. I just cannot figure out why explorer crashes. Everytime I try to run Explorer through cmd it crashes again.

Any help would be appreciated. I can give more info if needed. Thanks! David

:)

DRizzle, Aug 6, 2015
  2. ShengTian Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer Crash

Have the same issue here. Using surface pro 3.

explorer.exe crashes with the same event log.

Have run sfc /scannow and dism with no issue found.

Sometime the screen get frozen on the login screen. Can just turn off the computer by long pressing the power button.

ShengTian, Aug 6, 2015
  3. File Explorer Crashing On Windows 10

There is no crash report on explorer.exe. But it really crashed.

NaimulHassan, Aug 6, 2015
  4. essenbe Win User

Please upload the BSOD Posting instructions Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums.

Please go to your last post and in the bottom left corner click 'My System Specs'. there is a link there to update your system specs, click it and fill them all out in as much detail as possible. Please list Manufacturer and Model, and list Desktop or Laptop. If it is an OEM, please list the Manufacturer and Model number. Please be sure to list your PSU and CPU cooler. If you would like to know what we would like, please click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post and see mine.

essenbe, Aug 7, 2015
  5. andreoum Win User
    Hello there. I have the same problem on my HP probook 470 Go. Talking to a Microsoft tech, he said that it seems that the system files are corrupted and I have to go back to windows 7 and upgrade again. I have not try it yet...
    I must be another solution. Any ideas?
    thanks

andreoum, Aug 7, 2015
  6. essenbe Win User
    @DRizzle Please upload the files I requested. This thread may be get better help in Performance and maintenance. I will move the thread there.

@andreoum Please start your own thread in Performance & Maintenance - Windows 10 Forums . At the top left of the page click the + Post New Thread Give the thread an appropriate title and then give a good description of your problem, when it occurs and How you did the upgrade. ie did you do a clean install, upgrade with the GWX and Windows Update or use the media creation tool. It is too confusing to both you and us to try to help more than one person in a thread. Plus, you will probably get better help with your own thread.

essenbe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Explorer.exe Crashing on Login - Similar Threads - Explorer exe Crashing

2. When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.: When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes. It is treated only if you transfer this exe file to the desktop and click on it there. After that, the error disappears for a while. What to do?error log in windows journal- System - Provider [ Name] Application Error -...
  3. Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.: Did basic troubleshooting steps, sfc scannow etc nothing showed up.Was using startisback and custom themes, removed them still no fix.Event viewer showsFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1645, time stamp: 0x7c06cc0eFaulting module name: verifier.dll,...
  4. Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.: Did basic troubleshooting steps, sfc scannow etc nothing showed up.Was using startisback and custom themes, removed them still no fix.Event viewer showsFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1645, time stamp: 0x7c06cc0eFaulting module name: verifier.dll,...
  5. Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes: Hello! whenever i open exe file my file explorers stops and i cant click anythinh after 1 hour or so it runs the exe files which if i try to force close using task maganger EXPLORER It blacks out my screen and i got to restart any resolve? if so please reply thanks!...
  7. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes: Hello! whenever i open exe file my file explorers stops and i cant click anythinh after 1 hour or so it runs the exe files which if i try to force close using task maganger EXPLORER It blacks out my screen and i got to restart any resolve? if so please reply thanks!...
  8. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  10. Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.: Hi, I've been having this issue since yesterday. When I try to open the context menu for an executable to, let´s say, launch it as administrator, the cursor appears as loading and the context menu won't appear. I can right-click folders and images, my problem seems to be only...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explorer crashing at login