Windows 10: Explorer.exe crashing repeatedly when trying to access shared drives on network due to...

Discus and support Explorer.exe crashing repeatedly when trying to access shared drives on network due to... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've recently ran into an issue on a team members machine that is running into this issue when trying to access their shared drives or anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Adam Caruthers, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Explorer.exe crashing repeatedly when trying to access shared drives on network due to...

Hello, I've recently ran into an issue on a team members machine that is running into this issue when trying to access their shared drives or anything in the file explorer really.

Below is a link to two dump files I have for the error, if you need anymore just let me know. I'll be able to update with the full event viewer error message shortly. Any ideas on what I should do?

Dump Files

Thanks,

:)

Adam Caruthers, Jan 14, 2021
  2. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

3. KB3185614 Not allowing Network Shared Drive Access

Hi Nivay,

To address your concern, we would like you to check the following:

• After updating, check your Network profile under Network and Sharing Center, make sure that it is set to Private and not Public.
    • If you are using a third party antivirus software, make sure that the
      Network drive
      is set to Trusted.
    • Ping the network drive and check if you're getting a reply.
    • Access the network drive through it's IP address via run field and not through the existing shortcut, then check if it is accessible.
    • If the network drive is accessible via IP address, we would suggest you to re-map the network drive and delete the previous one that has the red X mark.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Explorer.exe crashing repeatedly when trying to access shared drives on network due to...

Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Explorer.exe crashing repeatedly when trying to access shared drives on network due to...

1. Explorer.exe crashing repeatedly when trying to access shared drives on network due to... - Similar Threads - Explorer exe crashing

2. Difficulty Accessing Shared Network Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difficulty Accessing Shared Network Drive: Hi there, I'm having trouble accessing a shared network drive from my work computer. Every time I try to connect, I receive an error message stating that the drive cannot be found. I've double-checked the network settings and ensured that I have the correct permissions. Could...
  3. Difficulty Accessing Shared Network Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Difficulty Accessing Shared Network Drive: Hi there, I'm having trouble accessing a shared network drive from my work computer. Every time I try to connect, I receive an error message stating that the drive cannot be found. I've double-checked the network settings and ensured that I have the correct permissions. Could...
  4. Accessing a shared Drive on home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing a shared Drive on home network: Hello,I have a PC and Laptop. I use the same exact Windows Credentials using my live.com account to use both computers. They are BOTH set up as Administrators on each respective computer. However, I cannot access a shared drive from one computer or another, even though it is...
  5. Accessing a shared Drive on home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing a shared Drive on home network: Hello,I have a PC and Laptop. I use the same exact Windows Credentials using my live.com account to use both computers. They are BOTH set up as Administrators on each respective computer. However, I cannot access a shared drive from one computer or another, even though it is...
  6. Accessing a shared Drive on home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't access a shared network drive

Can't access a shared network drive: I have a Windows desktop system here to which I need to connect my two Windows laptops. Laptop1 connects fine but laptop2 returns an error to the effect that I need permission to access that system. But obviously I've done everything on the desktop system that needs to be...
  8. file explorer crashes when accessing d: drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    file explorer crashes when accessing d: drive: File Explorer is set to open in the Quick Access window. When I click on This PC, file explorer closes and the screen momentarily goes blank. When I type "D:" in the address window, the same thing happens. When I type "C:", I can see the C drive. I suspect something is...
  9. How to access shared drives when VPN'd into network? OpenVPN

How to access shared drives when VPN'd into network? OpenVPN: Hi all, I've recently purchased a Linksys WRT-3200 ACM router and have turned on the pre-configured OpenVPN Server on the Linksys Smart-WiFi firmware. I have create a user profile and certificate, which I then shared with a client machine (Windows 10) and successfully...
  10. Cannot access shared network drive

Cannot access shared network drive: On my desktop (AKA S4, currently running Win8.1 x64 pro) I have shared out four of the hard drives with full permissions. I have 5 PCs in my network and all can access the four drives. My sister is visiting and currently accessing my network via cat5 wire. On her PC (running...