Windows 10: Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

Discus and support Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Did basic troubleshooting steps, sfc scannow etc nothing showed up.Was using startisback and custom themes, removed them still no fix.Event viewer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ᅠ, May 3, 2022.

1. Win User

Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

Did basic troubleshooting steps, sfc scannow etc nothing showed up.Was using startisback and custom themes, removed them still no fix.Event viewer showsFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1645, time stamp: 0x7c06cc0eFaulting module name: verifier.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1, time stamp: 0x3cbe5ecdException code: 0xc0000421Fault offset: 0x0000000000006a54Faulting process id: 0x3a70Faulting application start time: 0x01d85f1d6fafa690Faultin

:)

2. programs crash because of Windows Explorer

I've came to notice here recently, that when i open windows explorer via icon shortcut or windows key shortcut, it will crash certain programs. Like winamp and aim.

At first i thought it was some kind of conflict my objectdock was making, but it does it without objectdock running as well.

anyone else experience anything like this?

xstayxtruex, May 3, 2022
  3. vinceip Win User
    Explorer Crash FIX!

Our old Dell Inspiron N5110 got this problem also.
    Taskbar keeps refreshing. Thanks many hints from guys above pointed me the direction to fix it.
    From Reliability History Monitor I found Explorer keeps crashing because of IDTNC64.CPL (type reliability history at Start)
    1. the issue was from IDTNC64.cpl, the sound driver,
    but I could not successfully to uninstall it from device manager nor control panel or rename the file or the folder.
    2. uninstalled High Definition Audio Device few times, problem remain
    3. tried to uninstall within Control Panel > Program file, yet Control Panel only open 2, 3 seconds then closed automatically.
    4. finally solved Control Panel shut down problem by going to msconfig>services>and disable Windows Error Reporting Service. see below sequence:
    Click window + R keys, type msconfig, Enter to open msconfig, click Services Tag and look for Windows Error Reporting Service. Unchecked it, then apply, ok then reboot system when it suggests.
    5. After this, open Control Panel by clicking Start > type Control Panel. Then my Control Panel open and stay put, won't shut down by itself.
    6. In Control Panel > Programs > I found IDT Audio and successfully to uninstall it.
    7. No more taskbar refresh or Windows Explore shut down after uninstalled IDT and Sound still works great!!!
    8. repeat step 4 to check Windows Error Reporting Services by clicking it. OK then follow system suggestion to reboot.
    9. Control Panel still able to open and remain open. Sound still works and no more refresh.
    10. From Reliability History monitor found no more Windows Explorer crashing.
    I am happy and hope above steps help

vinceip, May 3, 2022
  4. Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

Windows explore crash when searching

The tenforums link solved this issue for me.

The root cause is a Windows 10 bug where File Explorer crashes when long file names are included in a search result. The steps for the workaround are:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click View > Options
    • Open the View tab
    • Check "Always show icons, never thumbnails"
    • Click OK

The Benjamin Moore, May 3, 2022
Thema:

Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

1. Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs. - Similar Threads - Explorer exe crashing

2. When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.: When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes. It is treated only if you transfer this exe file to the desktop and click on it there. After that, the error disappears for a while. What to do?error log in windows journal- System - Provider [ Name] Application Error -...
  3. When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.: When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes. It is treated only if you transfer this exe file to the desktop and click on it there. After that, the error disappears for a while. What to do?error log in windows journal- System - Provider [ Name] Application Error -...
  4. Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.: Did basic troubleshooting steps, sfc scannow etc nothing showed up.Was using startisback and custom themes, removed them still no fix.Event viewer showsFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1645, time stamp: 0x7c06cc0eFaulting module name: verifier.dll,...
  5. Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.: Did basic troubleshooting steps, sfc scannow etc nothing showed up.Was using startisback and custom themes, removed them still no fix.Event viewer showsFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1645, time stamp: 0x7c06cc0eFaulting module name: verifier.dll,...
  6. Windows Explorer crashes when opening file in a program

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer crashes when opening file in a program: My windows explorer crashes when I want to open a file from certain programs, for example vlc, chrome, sometimes even microsoft office programs. It happens randomly. When i open vlc and try to open a file from there, a new search window opens which is just white and is not...
  7. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  8. Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.: Hi, I've been having this issue since yesterday. When I try to open the context menu for an executable to, let´s say, launch it as administrator, the cursor appears as loading and the context menu won't appear. I can right-click folders and images, my problem seems to be only...
  9. Some programs (.exe) crash when using HD theme

Some programs (.exe) crash when using HD theme: I am using the HD theme in Windows 10 home (up to date). I have had unexpected crashes when trying to run certain programs. When I turn HD theme off, the effected programs load and work properly. The major program that this effects is Adobe Creative Cloud but ONLY Premiere...
  10. Some programs (.exe) crash when using HD theme

in Windows 10 Support
    Some programs (.exe) crash when using HD theme: I am using the HD theme in Windows 10 home (up to date). I have had unexpected crashes when trying to run certain programs. When I turn HD theme off, the effected programs load and work properly. The major program that this effects is Adobe Creative Cloud but ONLY Premiere...