Windows 10: Explorer.exe crashing when opening folders and/or trying to copy folders/files

Discus and support Explorer.exe crashing when opening folders and/or trying to copy folders/files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I had this issue around 7 months ago as of this post and I still have the same issue. I switched hardware in the meantime and don't use an AMD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MrArrigato, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Explorer.exe crashing when opening folders and/or trying to copy folders/files

Hello,

I had this issue around 7 months ago as of this post and I still have the same issue.
    I switched hardware in the meantime and don't use an AMD GPU anymore.

What I tried:
    - Safe Mode

- New profile

- clean reinstallation of the GPU drivers

- updating all drivers

- disabling the DisplayFusion Explorer.exe shell hooks

- Clearing and disabling the explorer history/jump list

Here is a MiniDump: MiniDump

:)

MrArrigato, Nov 12, 2018
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Nov 12, 2018
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Nov 12, 2018
  4. Kreij Win User

Explorer.exe crashing when opening folders and/or trying to copy folders/files

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

Explorer.exe crashing when opening folders and/or trying to copy folders/files

1. Explorer.exe crashing when opening folders and/or trying to copy folders/files - Similar Threads - Explorer exe crashing

2. Windows Explorer crashing when opening a folder with a music file on it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer crashing when opening a folder with a music file on it.: So i don't know why but since the last version of Windows 10, the Windows Explorer keeps crashing when opening a folder with a music file on it.This happens with a lot of music types: MP3, OGG, WAV etc......
  3. Windows Explorer crashing when opening a folder with a music file on it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer crashing when opening a folder with a music file on it.: So i don't know why but since the last version of Windows 10, the Windows Explorer keeps crashing when opening a folder with a music file on it.This happens with a lot of music types: MP3, OGG, WAV etc......
  4. File explorer crashes when opening downloads folder

File explorer crashes when opening downloads folder: Hello,When I open file explorer, and I go to the downloads folder, the system app crashes. When it does, I have to stop it using task manager. It also causes other problems with the system, like my laptop screen going white, I have a monitor, and my taskbar not coming up, I...
  5. File Explorer crashes when opening particular folders .

File Explorer crashes when opening particular folders .: I tried everything available on Internet sfc /scannow chkdsk etc here is the error in event viewer... Fault bucket 1807279198899510965, type 4 Event Name: APPCRASH Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: explorer.exe P2: 10.0.19041.662 P3: 996782f8 P4:...
  6. File Explorer crashes when opening particular folders .

File Explorer crashes when opening particular folders .: I tried everything available on Internet sfc /scannow chkdsk etc here is the error in event viewer... Fault bucket 1807279198899510965, type 4 Event Name: APPCRASH Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: explorer.exe P2: 10.0.19041.662 P3: 996782f8 P4:...
  7. file explorer crash when opening download folder

file explorer crash when opening download folder: Hi. I have some problem when I Open my download folder from D: drive already check the error and it's said Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows. Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event...
  8. File Explorer keeps crashing when I open folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer keeps crashing when I open folders: So I am making a mcpe texture pack and when I clicked oh a folder. The explorer window turned white. So I terminated explorer and reopen it to continue with what i was doing. But its starting to get annoying so I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. submitted by...
  9. File Explorer crashing when trying to rename folders

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer crashing when trying to rename folders: First off. Apologies if this is in the wrong forum *Redface So I have had Windows 10 for a couple of months now, and have never had any issues up until now. Whenever I try to rename a folder/ add new folder file explorer freezes as soon as i touch the keyboard. I've...
  10. Explorer: not responding when opening folder with exe file

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer: not responding when opening folder with exe file: I have a folder full of *.exe files. When I navigate to the folder to read its content (files listed in "tile" mode), Explorer hangs for a minute or two displaying in the title bar "not responding". Eventually, the files are displayed but it is a bit of a pain. I modified...
Tags: