Windows 10: Explorer.exe crashing

Discus and support Explorer.exe crashing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having an issue with explorer.exe for some time now. Whenever I record a long gameplay (large file) and save it, the explorer.exe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hyun0819, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Hyun0819 Win User

Explorer.exe crashing

Hello,

I've been having an issue with explorer.exe for some time now.
    Whenever I record a long gameplay (large file) and save it, the explorer.exe seems to crash whenever I open it.
    When it crashes, there's a black screen for a split second and everything seems to load back up.

On event viewer, there is an Application Error along the lines of:

Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.10586.420, time stamp: 0x574919b9
    Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000000554
    Faulting process id: 0xb40
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d1d0a276c9a413
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe
    Faulting module path: unknown
    Report Id: 3ccab27e-4883-4104-a2e6-d44f6ab8629e
    Faulting package full name:

This issue has been occurring ever since I installed a new SSD with Windows 10.

Any help is appreciated!

:)

Hyun0819, Jun 26, 2016

2. File Explorer Crashing On Windows 10

There is no crash report on explorer.exe. But it really crashed.

NaimulHassan, Jun 26, 2016
  3. sr_dami Win User
    explorer.exe stops working

Well, sometimes i'm having this issue. Explorer.exe stops working and if i try to reload it, the all computer crashes... So i have to reboot each time explorer.exe crashes.

Also, the sound driver seems to be crashing.

Need help!

sr_dami, Jun 26, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Explorer.exe crashing

Ztruker, Jun 27, 2016
Thema:

Explorer.exe crashing

1. Explorer.exe crashing - Similar Threads - Explorer exe crashing

2. When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.: When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes. It is treated only if you transfer this exe file to the desktop and click on it there. After that, the error disappears for a while. What to do?error log in windows journal- System - Provider [ Name] Application Error -...
  3. Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.: Did basic troubleshooting steps, sfc scannow etc nothing showed up.Was using startisback and custom themes, removed them still no fix.Event viewer showsFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1645, time stamp: 0x7c06cc0eFaulting module name: verifier.dll,...
  4. Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.: Did basic troubleshooting steps, sfc scannow etc nothing showed up.Was using startisback and custom themes, removed them still no fix.Event viewer showsFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1645, time stamp: 0x7c06cc0eFaulting module name: verifier.dll,...
  5. Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes: Hello! whenever i open exe file my file explorers stops and i cant click anythinh after 1 hour or so it runs the exe files which if i try to force close using task maganger EXPLORER It blacks out my screen and i got to restart any resolve? if so please reply thanks!...
  7. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes: Hello! whenever i open exe file my file explorers stops and i cant click anythinh after 1 hour or so it runs the exe files which if i try to force close using task maganger EXPLORER It blacks out my screen and i got to restart any resolve? if so please reply thanks!...
  8. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  10. Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.: Hi, I've been having this issue since yesterday. When I try to open the context menu for an executable to, let´s say, launch it as administrator, the cursor appears as loading and the context menu won't appear. I can right-click folders and images, my problem seems to be only...
Tags: