Windows 10: explorer.exe doesn't launch at all

Discus and support explorer.exe doesn't launch at all in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've had this problem where I can not launch explorer.exe at all (it doesn't start automatically upon startup, nor can I launch it myself).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LawrenceUnknown, Dec 17, 2019.

1. explorer.exe doesn't launch at all

Hi, I've had this problem where I can not launch explorer.exe at all (it doesn't start automatically upon startup, nor can I launch it myself). Whenever I try to open it via task manager, it says "This app can't run on your PC".

I've tried fixing corrupt system files, reinstalling Windows 10 (while keeping my personal files) and some other minor fixes, but nothing has worked.

:)

LawrenceUnknown, Dec 17, 2019

2. setting doesn´t launch, or launches the store instead

setting doesn´t launch, or launches the store instead

Moved from es-ES

YESICAAMAYA, Dec 17, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

explorer.exe doesn't launch at all [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Dec 17, 2019
  4. CyrrusV Win User

explorer.exe doesn't launch at all

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

explorer.exe doesn't launch at all

1. explorer.exe doesn't launch at all - Similar Threads - explorer exe doesn't

2. .EXE Files not working or launching at all!! Please Help!!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    .EXE Files not working or launching at all!! Please Help!!!!: Hi there, I'm not incredibly savvy with computers or Windows 10 but I have some old computer disk games I'm looking to run on my Windows 10 PC and they're from 2001 and every time I attempt to install or run the program with the .exe files on the disk, I allow the programs...
  3. setting doesn't launch or launches store

in Windows 10 Customization
    setting doesn't launch or launches store: When click on settings it stays on the screen with the blue cogwheel or it just won't open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-doesnt-launch-or-launches-store/d7f37fb8-1235-4ab7-8179-168943b6fb8d
  4. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  5. Explorer doesn't show all my folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer doesn't show all my folders: My Windows 7 computer was just replaced by a Windows 10 machine. I copied my library folders to and external hard drive and then copied them to the new machine. It looked successful in terms of the numbers of files and bytes copied. Today I want to open a folder. I can't...
  6. Explorer freezes when launching .exe installer file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer freezes when launching .exe installer file.: Hello, This is a non existential issue but a really boring one. Whenever I try to launch an .exe INSTALLER application, wherever I launched it from freezes for around 5 minutes or more before launching the installer. For exemple when I download a random installer, let's say...
  7. SETTING DOESN'T LAUNCH

in Windows 10 Customization
    SETTING DOESN'T LAUNCH: i can't open the settings, everytime i want to open it, it will just appear for a second then after that it's automatically disappear. how will i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-doesnt-launch/726b9900-2d0b-4422-9713-bbf613d6259e
  8. Application .EXE doesn't launch installation, instead it opens IE.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application .EXE doesn't launch installation, instead it opens IE.: Hello, When I launch my application Icon "PEB.exe", it starts extracting then it opens in a new window : "internet explorer downloads" I see now my PEB shortcut in a list in this internet explorer window. It is now .JAR and i can't open it Normally the .EXE is supposed to...
  9. Application .EXE doesn't launch installation, instead it opens IE.

in Windows 10 Support
    Application .EXE doesn't launch installation, instead it opens IE.: Hello, When I launch my application Icon "PEB.exe", it starts extracting then it opens in a new window : "internet explorer downloads" I see now my PEB shortcut in a list in this internet explorer window. It is now .JAR and i can't open it Normally the .EXE is supposed to...
  10. Shortcut won't launch iTunes. Can launch from .exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut won't launch iTunes. Can launch from .exe: The "target" and "start in" settings are identical: C:\Program Files\iTunes.exe. The "open file location" button goes to the correct folder and file. Each time I click the shortcut a new instance of iTunes appears in Task Manager, but nothing appears on the screen. If I go...