Windows 10: explorer.exe doesn't start automatically when windows starts

Discus and support explorer.exe doesn't start automatically when windows starts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When windows starts explorer.exe doesn't start. The command prompt is displayed and i have to manually start explorer.exe.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MifraahMohamed, Sep 2, 2020.

1. explorer.exe doesn't start automatically when windows starts

When windows starts explorer.exe doesn't start. The command prompt is displayed and i have to manually start explorer.exe.

:)

MifraahMohamed, Sep 2, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

explorer.exe doesn't start automatically when windows starts [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 2, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

explorer.exe doesn't start automatically when windows starts [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Sep 2, 2020
  4. SK_808 Win User

explorer.exe doesn't start automatically when windows starts

Windows 10: Internet Explorer doesn´t start

Hello,

after Upgrade to Win 10 and a Reset of Windows (Clear Install) Internet Explorer doesn´t start. All Updates are installed. No changes in Internet options done so far.

A deinst an new inst via windows functions do not lead to new situation.

What else can I check?

Regards

SK

[moved to en-us forum]

SK_808, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

explorer.exe doesn't start automatically when windows starts

1. explorer.exe doesn't start automatically when windows starts - Similar Threads - explorer exe doesn't

2. Word automatically starts when Windows 10 starts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word automatically starts when Windows 10 starts: I have done EVERYTHING on the post started back in 2017 on this issue. Here's that thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/word-opening-automatically-on-startup-windows-10/34064263-620a-4aee-930f-ff92c0511f89?auth=1 I have...
  3. Word automatically starts when Windows 10 starts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Word automatically starts when Windows 10 starts: I followed along in the post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/word-opening-automatically-on-startup-windows-10/34064263-620a-4aee-930f-ff92c0511f89?page=1 However, it is a locked thread. I have done EVERYTHING recommended, and...
  4. Explorer search not starting automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer search not starting automatically: Over the last update one of the settings must have been changed because ever since then searching in the file explorer has become much clunkier than it used to be. It used to be that as soon as I started typing in the search bar the explorer would initiate a search...
  5. "Windows Explorer" starts automatically when system boots up

"Windows Explorer" starts automatically when system boots up: "Windows Explorer" automatically starts when system boots up, it opens before any other programs stars and shows "Quick access" window. I've checked start-up programs in 'Task Manager" but "Windows Explorer" isn't there. I've been having this problem for a long time....
  6. Ethernet-Connection doesn't start automatically

Ethernet-Connection doesn't start automatically: I came back from a three-week absence, after installing some windows-updates my Desktop PC won't connect through the Ethernet-Cable connection automatically as it usual did. I can connect by starting my WIFI in that Desktop, but I prefer the Ethernet connection…. I have to...
  7. OneDrive not starting automatically when Windows starts

OneDrive not starting automatically when Windows starts: I have a new install of Windows 10, fully updated. My issue is that OneDrive is no longer automatically starting when Windows starts. I have tried changing the setting in OneDrive, "Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows" but it eventually resets itself to...
  8. Windows Start Menu doesn't close automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Start Menu doesn't close automatically: I'm running Windows 10 and up to date. When I open the Windows Start Menu and launch an app, the menu stays open. My work laptop is running Windows 10 but the menu automatically closes when I launch an app. Is there a setting to change that?...
  9. Explorer doesn't start automatically on boot anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer doesn't start automatically on boot anymore: I installed something shady I guess, and I ended up with a bitcoin miner running in the background of my pc. I've removed it manually, but I must have missed something because when I reboot the system, it sits on a black screen with the command prompt open. I type...
  10. Automatic Repair Starts When Booting Up but it Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Repair Starts When Booting Up but it Doesn't Work: When I boot up my computer and Windows 10 it automatically goes to automatic repair. When it is done I am left with a black screen and the mouse cursor. It started yesterday when my computer just froze. I have tried to boot into safe mode and it will not let me. I've also...