Windows 10: explorer.exe error: desktop menu can not show correct

Discus and support explorer.exe error: desktop menu can not show correct in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; when my windows 10 starting from sleep, it can not display correct menu. [ATTACH] I must restart explorer.exe [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by lyq_answers, Mar 11, 2020.

1. explorer.exe error: desktop menu can not show correct

when my windows 10 starting from sleep, it can not display correct menu.

explorer.exe error: desktop menu can not show correct b724b649-bbf1-4990-807c-6297266853a1?upload=true.gif

I must restart explorer.exe

explorer.exe error: desktop menu can not show correct 93443266-307d-4a24-9b06-b319b79cf563?upload=true.gif

:)

lyq_answers, Mar 11, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

Desktop

Margrave,

If the problem symptom returns [Desktop showing the correct contents when looked at in File explorer but not when looking at the Desktop itself], right-click on an empty area of the Desktop and select Refresh.

Many people have found that their Desktop's are not refreshing automatically and are forced to take this step. I searched & searched for a permanent solution but every suggestion I found either had no effect or had only a limited-duration effect.

Denis

3. Rose Cal Win User
    Again, Location is not correct on the maps, Showing me in another state!

Hi Wael,

Wrong region settings or corruption may be the possible reason why a location was not correct or showing a different state. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you tried to change it to the default location?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from making sure that region settings was correct?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot Cortana. You may expand each section and try performing the instructions that you have not yet done.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 11, 2020
  4. explorer.exe error: desktop menu can not show correct

Windows 10 Start Menu File Explorer button error "Windows cannot access the specified device ..."

Hi All,

I have a strange error with windows start menu today! Please check the attached two images:

Notes (before reproducing steps):

• My laptop is up without restart for 11 days till now, I am a software engineer.
    • I have ended the explorer processes and relaunched it from the task manager.
    • File Explorer button in the start menu opens "This PC".
    • I can open the Explorer normally by
      • Menu Button + E
      • File Explorer pinned to the taskbar

• I can't open the File Explorer by Start Menu > File Explorer Button

• I don't want to restart, I have a lot of work on other desktops, restart solves this problem. Obviously, it is a bug.

Steps to reproduce the error:

• open the start menu
    • click on file explorer button
      • an error message appears with "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item".

Step 1:

explorer.exe error: desktop menu can not show correct fad2ccec-0d7c-4272-9c89-08b9eb0f0083?upload=true.png

Step 2 & result:

explorer.exe error: desktop menu can not show correct 06f0a347-02ec-4462-acd2-2d5f32d5199d?upload=true.png

Steps were taken trying to resolve the issue:

• I tried to restart the explorer process from task manager, but with no success.
    • I tried to replace the shortcut the file explorer button points at, but still with no hope.
    • I checked the permissions of the "explorer.exe" process in "Windows" folder, and I have the correct permissions. I even tried to double click the file "explorer.exe" and it normally opened the explorer without a problem!

I guess it is a problem with the File Explorer button itself in the start menu (A GUI problem), maybe a corrupted registry key!

Software and Hardware Specs:

Windows 10 Pro x64

Version 1709

OS Build 16299.309

Dell Inspiron 7559

Quad Cores i5 2.3 GHz

8 GB Ram

Thank you very much.

ahmedhamdy90, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

explorer.exe error: desktop menu can not show correct

1. explorer.exe error: desktop menu can not show correct - Similar Threads - explorer exe error

2. Window File Explorer and Desktop not working correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Window File Explorer and Desktop not working correctly: Hi,All fuctions in windows explorer are not working, i cannot copy and paste files, access properties and all of my icons are coming up with no words or windows.cut. Also my desktop i cannot right click on it. I couldnt update the other day and have now fixed that by clearing...
  3. Window File Explorer and Desktop not working correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window File Explorer and Desktop not working correctly: Hi,All fuctions in windows explorer are not working, i cannot copy and paste files, access properties and all of my icons are coming up with no words or windows.cut. Also my desktop i cannot right click on it. I couldnt update the other day and have now fixed that by clearing...
  4. Window File Explorer and Desktop not working correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. .exe files will not run correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .exe files will not run correctly: Hello,I'm having trouble getting .exe files to run. When I try to run the file I can see that it sort of works through the task manager but it appears frozen and nothing pops up. I've checked the permissions through regedit and everything seems fine, I've tried turning off my...
  6. .exe files will not run correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .exe files will not run correctly: Hello,I'm having trouble getting .exe files to run. When I try to run the file I can see that it sort of works through the task manager but it appears frozen and nothing pops up. I've checked the permissions through regedit and everything seems fine, I've tried turning off my...
  7. .exe files will not run correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Start Menu Icon Not Showing Correctly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Icon Not Showing Correctly: Hello, I was just wondering why some of the icons in my start menu don't show up correctly and instead showing this icon. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.[IMG]...
  9. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  10. Explorer not showing Desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer not showing Desktop icons?: Hey all, I noticed that when opening Desktop in Windows Explorer, it doesn't show any of the icons of This PC, My Documents, Network and Recycle Bin. I have enabled these icons to be shown on the Desktop through the "Desktop Icons Settings" option. However, Explorer...