Windows 10: explorer.exe fail when i send a test printer page

Discus and support explorer.exe fail when i send a test printer page in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, always that i print a test page in a HP Desingjet 500 shared from Windows 10 HP is installed in a windows 7 Pro machine and shared, explorer.exe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AmadeoAA, Jul 9, 2020.

1. AmadeoAA Win User

explorer.exe fail when i send a test printer page

Hi,

always that i print a test page in a HP Desingjet 500 shared from Windows 10 HP is installed in a windows 7 Pro machine and shared, explorer.exe fail. I view this event related with gdi32full.dll :

Nombre de registro:Application
    Origen: Application Error
    Fecha: 09/07/2020 11:06:42
    Id. del evento:1000
    Categoría de la tarea:100
    Nivel: Error
    Palabras clave:Clásico
    Usuario: No disponible
    Equipo: XXXX
    Descripción:
    Nombre de la aplicación con errores: explorer.exe, versión: 10.0.18362.815, marca de tiempo: 0x51185cb4
    Nombre del módulo con errores: gdi32full.dll, versión: 10.0.18362.900, marca de tiempo: 0xed06892c
    Código de excepción: 0xc0000005
    Desplazamiento de errores: 0x00000000000d1170
    Identificador del proceso con errores: 0xae8
    Hora de inicio de la aplicación con errores: 0x01d655ced3d6ecdd
    Ruta de acceso de la aplicación con errores: C:\Windows\explorer.exe
    Ruta de acceso del módulo con errores: C:\Windows\System32\gdi32full.dll
    Identificador del informe: 285fe2e7-fe90-4b7d-93b6-c962481244bd
    Nombre completo del paquete con errores:
    Identificador de aplicación relativa del paquete con errores:
    XML de evento:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-07-09T09:06:42.583598900Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1641</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>PC-DIEGO</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>explorer.exe</Data>
    <Data>10.0.18362.815</Data>
    <Data>51185cb4</Data>
    <Data>gdi32full.dll</Data>
    <Data>10.0.18362.900</Data>
    <Data>ed06892c</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>00000000000d1170</Data>
    <Data>ae8</Data>
    <Data>01d655ced3d6ecdd</Data>
    <Data>C:\Windows\explorer.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Windows\System32\gdi32full.dll</Data>
    <Data>285fe2e7-fe90-4b7d-93b6-c962481244bd</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

Any ideas? Thank for help

:)

AmadeoAA, Jul 9, 2020

2. Windows printer test page

Hi Knapier, welcome to Ten Forums!

If you are talking about Windows printer test page, you could try an alternative one from Print a Test Page. Your printer may also come with some cleaning diagnostic utilities which may include some test pages too.

A Windows test page sole purpose is to list all information directly related to how Windows communicates with your printer. This means driver listings, the printer model and available printing styles. It is not used for testing the alignment and color etc... This is what the printer utilities are for.

ellellell1, Jul 9, 2020
  3. after adding a printer, test page will not print

I added a printer to my Windows 10 Surface Book system. It tells me to print the test page and that fails. When I try to navigate to the suggested troubleshooting page, Edge intervenes and will not allow me to continue. Eventually, I'm able to escape Edge's
    handcuffs. But to try again, I would need to get back to trying to print the test page. Not sure how to get back to that point. Do I have to delete the printer and start all over again?

Is there a way to remove Edge from the system?

SweetTasha, Jul 9, 2020
  4. explorer.exe fail when i send a test printer page

Unable to print to a network printer when connected to both wireless and wired networks

Hi Eileen,

• As far as i'm aware nothing has changed
    • i have only tried to send test pages to the network printer so im assuming so yes
    • wireless printer works fine when connected to both networks. However the wifi doesn't connect auto when an Ethernet connection is established this has to be manually connected.
    I have tried the following:

• updated the print driver
    • changed the network port it was plugged into
    • ran windows updates
    • configured with a static
    • changed the wifi and Ethernet priority
    I will run through the trouble shoot steps as suggest and come back to you.

FYI - he has a number of extenders dotted around, a collegue mentioned it could be a subnet issue?

thanks, Ben

BenDavies12333, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

explorer.exe fail when i send a test printer page

1. explorer.exe fail when i send a test printer page - Similar Threads - explorer exe fail

2. Printer prints only test page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer prints only test page: My printer only prints test page. I dont have enough knowledge to computer so I will explain it with the best of my experience. The printer works fine before upgrading computer but now it is not working fine. The printer prints test page but when I print using office...
  3. Printer prints only test page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer prints only test page: My printer only prints test page. I dont have enough knowledge to computer so I will explain it with the best of my experience. The printer works fine before upgrading computer but now it is not working fine. The printer prints test page but when I print using office...
  4. Printer prints only test page

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. printer only works in test page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer only works in test page: I cant print on my printer using my Windows 10 laptop. I can only print test page and my other device works fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-only-works-in-test-page/133b301c-4e12-4a70-8c9a-22a40982348b
  6. printer only works in test page

printer only works in test page: I cant print on my printer using my Windows 10 laptop. I can only print test page and my other device works fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-only-works-in-test-page/133b301c-4e12-4a70-8c9a-22a40982348b
  7. printer only works in test page

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. When I print a test page I only get the heading which says, "Windows Printer test Page"...

When I print a test page I only get the heading which says, "Windows Printer test Page"...: When I print a test page I only get the heading which says, "Windows Printer test Page" nothing else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-print-a-test-page-i-only-get-the-heading/8f6cfe59-e867-4c0c-a333-6300f189ca02
  9. after adding a printer, test page will not print

after adding a printer, test page will not print: I added a printer to my Windows 10 Surface Book system. It tells me to print the test page and that fails. When I try to navigate to the suggested troubleshooting page, Edge intervenes and will not allow me to continue. Eventually, I'm able to escape Edge's handcuffs. But to...
  10. Windows printer test page

Windows printer test page: Why did you change the windows printer test page? How about adding some color ? I would like to see if all my color cartridges are working. An alignment grid would be nice to see also on the test page! 78829