Windows 10: Explorer.exe fails to start when computer starts

Discus and support Explorer.exe fails to start when computer starts in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; On Windows 10 2004, Explorer.exe fails to start when I log in to my computer. It takes about 12 seconds to get past the log in screen when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SquirmyElk2, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Explorer.exe fails to start when computer starts

On Windows 10 2004, Explorer.exe fails to start when I log in to my computer. It takes about 12 seconds to get past the log in screen when I successfully input my password. After that, I see nothing. In order to start Explorer.exe, I must CTRL + ALT + DEL and start it via task manager.

This doesn't happen every time I start my computer. I checked event viewer and found error logs claiming "Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE". I tried using the regedit shell solution and negative effect. There were some instances where I got an error in event viewer and this didn't happen. I do not know if this is relevant, but it usually happens when I start my computer before 2:40 P.M. EST.

submitted by /u/SquirmyElk2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SquirmyElk2, Oct 10, 2020

2. Internet Explorer won't start

Since it's not allowing you to open the settings of the Internet Explorer itself, we suggest that you type inetcpl.cpl on
    the search box to open the Internet Properties and follow the steps provided on the link that we have on our previous post.

Note: In doing this you can now skip step 1 under Reset Internet Explorer settings.

If the issue persists, we recommend that you uninstall and reinstall the Internet Explorer.
    To do this, follow the steps below:

To uninstall the Internet Explorer, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button, type
      Programs and Features in the search box, and then select
      View installed updates.

• Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the
      Microsoft Windows section.

• Right-click Internet Explorer 11, click Uninstall and then click
      Yes.

• Click one of the following:
    • Restart now (to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer 11 and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer)

• Restart later

To download and reinstall Internet Explorer, follow the steps below:

• Check the System Type that you need to install by pressing
      Windows key + Pause key.
    • Check the System type under System (Ex: 64-bit Operating system, x64-based processor).

• Download Internet Explorer 11 (Offline Installer) on this
      link.

• Choose your preferred language and Service Pack (Ex: Windows 7 SP1 64-bit).

• Follow the on-screen prompt.

• Once done, check if the issues persists.

Note: The installer that you can download on this link also applies in Windows 10.

We'll wait for your update with the result.

Zedrick Del, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Internet Explorer won't start

Hi,

It’s possible that missing or corrupted components are causing your Windows Features to automatically turn off. To provide the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we’d like to ask a few questions:

• Which version of Windows and Internet Explorer is on your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?
    • Did you make any recent changes to your computer before the issue started?
    • Have you tried installing the latest Windows Update? After installing the latest Windows Update, restart the computer and check is the issue still persists.

Additionally, we suggest that you perform a complete reset for your Internet Explorer. To do this, follow the instructions provided on this

article

Disclaimer: The reset Internet Explorer settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. It may also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before
    you use the reset Internet Explorer settings feature. Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

We’ll keep an eye open for your response.

Genevieve Cri, Oct 10, 2020
  4. Explorer.exe fails to start when computer starts

Cannot open "Start" button, File explorer etc. Get on-screen message: "Explorer EXE. The remote procedure call failed and did not execute."

Windows 10. Cannot open "Start" button, File explorer etc. Get on-screen message: "Explorer EXE. The remote procedure call failed and did not execute." What does this mean and How can I solve it?

Original Title : Explorer exe

Bob1Britton, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

Explorer.exe fails to start when computer starts

1. Explorer.exe fails to start when computer starts - Similar Threads - Explorer exe fails

2. Applications .exe Fail to Start by Kernelbase.dll error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications .exe Fail to Start by Kernelbase.dll error: Hello technical team,I have encountered an issue as follows: The exe application I developed, when used with Windows 10 for a while, cannot be opened anymore. When I checked the Event Viewer, I saw an Application Error with KERNELBASE.dll. The detailed error is as follows:...
  3. exe often fails to start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    exe often fails to start: exe fails to start. 2 machines out of 3 exhibit problem. 1 win 10, 1 win 11. one beep when it fails. app built on win 10 with vb6.checked permissions, fire wall, exe association, virus, no luck....
  4. exe often fails to start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    exe often fails to start: exe fails to start. 2 machines out of 3 exhibit problem. 1 win 10, 1 win 11. one beep when it fails. app built on win 10 with vb6.checked permissions, fire wall, exe association, virus, no luck....
  5. exe often fails to start

6. File Explorer fails to start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer fails to start: I am running Windows 11 22H2.This started in the last week. The first occurrence I can find is 15/09/2023 10:29:15. There were some Quality Updates on 13/09/2023.When starting File Explorer it looks as though it is loading but bails out and removes all other instances of...
  7. File Explorer fails to start

File Explorer fails to start: I am running Windows 11 22H2.This started in the last week. The first occurrence I can find is 15/09/2023 10:29:15. There were some Quality Updates on 13/09/2023.When starting File Explorer it looks as though it is loading but bails out and removes all other instances of...
  8. Start an exe program in FreeDOS?

Start an exe program in FreeDOS?: Hello all together just trying to reinstall windows in FreeDos from my sticker. Is it even possible to start the setup.exe or do I have to look for another way? Do I have to drag extra files onto the stick or is there a possibility? Picture as attachment...
  9. My computer fails to start

My computer fails to start: When I start my computer it instantly gets frozen on a black screen, I made a fast test and gave me this failure id: 6BV790-8L5A3V-MFPUQ1-60XS03 Hard Drive 1 - Primary HDD Bay What could I do?...
  10. EXE files wont start

EXE files wont start: Hello, guys! I have an HP Laptop running Windows 10 Media Center Edition (Joke, It is actually Home) x64 and I've just downloaded an application used for TV when I'm gone, but it won't start! I've edited the registry, Ran as an Administrator, I can't start safe mode, nothing...