Windows 10: Explorer.exe frequently crashes.

Discus and support Explorer.exe frequently crashes. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 has started to crash and restart the process very often. As far as I can tell , it mostly happens when a File Explorer window is open.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MtSeldon, Nov 16, 2019.

1. MtSeldon Win User

Explorer.exe frequently crashes.

Windows 10 has started to crash and restart the process very often. As far as I can tell , it mostly happens when a File Explorer window is open.

Windows has the latest updates (Windows 10 with the latest 2019 Fall update) ,also all drivers are the latest versions . I'm not sure where to start to find the problem. Any ideas ?

Windows 10

Asus Maximus hero VI motherboard

Intel 4770k cpu

AMD R290 videocard

16gb ram

Seasonic 750 W PSU

Problem details.

Source
    Windows Explorer

Summary
    Stopped working

Status
    Report sent

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: BEX64
    Application Name: Explorer.EXE
    Application Version: 10.0.18362.449
    Application Timestamp: d3046e6b
    Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
    Fault Module Version: 10.0.18362.418
    Fault Module Timestamp: 99ca0526
    Exception Offset: 00000000000a11a0
    Exception Code: c0000409
    Exception Data: 000000000000000a
    OS Version: 10.0.18363.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: c018
    Additional Information 2: c018d79156647845c696b4537f57a7cc
    Additional Information 3: c018
    Additional Information 4: c018d79156647845c696b4537f57a7cc

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: 156cc97cbee03a8974b332e105b19d71 (1491591843634322801)

:)

MtSeldon, Nov 16, 2019

2. Windows explore crash when searching

The tenforums link solved this issue for me.

The root cause is a Windows 10 bug where File Explorer crashes when long file names are included in a search result. The steps for the workaround are:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click View > Options
    • Open the View tab
    • Check "Always show icons, never thumbnails"
    • Click OK

The Benjamin Moore, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Nov 16, 2019
  4. Bundy Win User

Explorer crashing

Thanks Zat. I had never looked at event viewer and it had more info than I thought. Seems the problem was a second computer I was trying to network with. Unplugging the ethernet cable fixed the crashes. Explorer must have been looking in the wrong place I guess.

Bundy, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Explorer.exe frequently crashes. - Similar Threads - Explorer exe frequently

2. Windows 11 Frequent Explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Frequent Explorer crashes: I am having very frequent explorer crashes, this happens when opening explorer sometimes and when browsing, getting very annoyingFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.22621.2070, time stamp: 0x2bd7252cFaulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version:...
  3. Windows 11 Frequent Explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Frequent Explorer crashes: I am having very frequent explorer crashes, this happens when opening explorer sometimes and when browsing, getting very annoyingFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.22621.2070, time stamp: 0x2bd7252cFaulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version:...
  4. Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.: Did basic troubleshooting steps, sfc scannow etc nothing showed up.Was using startisback and custom themes, removed them still no fix.Event viewer showsFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1645, time stamp: 0x7c06cc0eFaulting module name: verifier.dll,...
  5. Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.: Did basic troubleshooting steps, sfc scannow etc nothing showed up.Was using startisback and custom themes, removed them still no fix.Event viewer showsFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1645, time stamp: 0x7c06cc0eFaulting module name: verifier.dll,...
  6. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes: Hello! whenever i open exe file my file explorers stops and i cant click anythinh after 1 hour or so it runs the exe files which if i try to force close using task maganger EXPLORER It blacks out my screen and i got to restart any resolve? if so please reply thanks!...
  7. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes: Hello! whenever i open exe file my file explorers stops and i cant click anythinh after 1 hour or so it runs the exe files which if i try to force close using task maganger EXPLORER It blacks out my screen and i got to restart any resolve? if so please reply thanks!...
  8. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  10. Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.: Hi, I've been having this issue since yesterday. When I try to open the context menu for an executable to, let´s say, launch it as administrator, the cursor appears as loading and the context menu won't appear. I can right-click folders and images, my problem seems to be only...