Windows 10: explorer.exe high cpu usage - crypto mining suspect

Discus and support explorer.exe high cpu usage - crypto mining suspect in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I'm running windows 11 latest update. The last night I notice by a "rainmeter skin" that check cpu and top process usage that my cpu was using... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Roko_DS, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Roko_DS Win User

explorer.exe high cpu usage - crypto mining suspect

Hello, I'm running windows 11 latest update. The last night I notice by a "rainmeter skin" that check cpu and top process usage that my cpu was using 100% on 2 cores of 6 from my i5 9400f when system is idle. As open task manager the explorer.exe usage go down "normal" so 1-4% in idle.Also, I saw in the running process two explorer.exe, when open the taskmanager "the one suspected" remain still there, but with no % usage, so I tried to kill that one and...guess... explorer doesn't restart, as usual when kill it, and "the issue" goes away...so closing again task manager cpu, and explor

:)

Roko_DS, Nov 25, 2021

2. Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

Hi Andrew,

Usually, too many background processes can boost your CPU usage. Since you already disabled the apps that are not necessary on startup,
    we suggest checking the applications running once you have successfully boot Windows 10. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

From there, you should see what applications are running on high CPU usage. You can also
    restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service and see if your CPU performance will improve. Follow the instructions below to restart the service:

• Click on the Start button and type Services.
    • Scroll down the list and look for Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Right click on it and select Restart.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Nov 25, 2021
  3. Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest checking the Task Manager again to see what are the
    applications that have high CPU usage. To do this, follow the same steps you did from the previous reply:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

However, based on your response above, it seems that you may need to create a new user account again and just install your apps manually instead of copying them as your
    previous user account might be corrupted.

Once your done with the steps, please let us know how it goes.

Jefferson Ore, Nov 25, 2021
  4. ajs007 Win User

Windows Explorer high CPU usage as Apps or Background Process...

3May2018...

Running Windows10 Home Ver 1709 latest OS Build on

Intel Core i5 CPU @ 3.8GHz.

Recently Windows Explorer has been running at high CPU usage 45% to 50%

Even when I am not using File Explorer - Windows Explorer runs as a Background Process as same high CPU usage...

First when will Microsoft stick to the new name File Explorer - instead of showing Windows Explorer as the app in the Task Manager...confusing :-(

Two - I saw someone else with the same problem and a ridiculous multi step cumbersome solution of creating another account (where Windows Explorer did not have high CPU) and then a painful exercise of trying to migrate all applications and files from one
    account to the other.

Apparently the original user account may have had a corruption....

Are there any simpler explanations out there on how to fix run away Windows(File) Explorer???

ajs007, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

1. explorer.exe high cpu usage - crypto mining suspect - Similar Threads - explorer exe high

2. Windows Explorer High CPU and Memory Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer High CPU and Memory Usage: Hello,I'm encountering a persistent problem with Windows Explorer where it exhibits high CPU and memory usage whenever I attempt to open a folder with a size exceeding 30 GB. Despite my best efforts, I have tried numerous troubleshooting steps, including disk cleanup, disk...
  3. Windows Explorer High CPU and Memory Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer High CPU and Memory Usage: Hello,I'm encountering a persistent problem with Windows Explorer where it exhibits high CPU and memory usage whenever I attempt to open a folder with a size exceeding 30 GB. Despite my best efforts, I have tried numerous troubleshooting steps, including disk cleanup, disk...
  4. Am I mining crypto ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Am I mining crypto ?: Hello, i have a weird thing on my PC, my GPU used to have very low clock % before, but now it never go bellow 1830 MHz.I can do everything to lower it, it keeps it clock at this level.I dont know when and why it behaves like that. So if someone can help me figuring out what...
  5. Am I mining crypto ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Am I mining crypto ?: Hello, i have a weird thing on my PC, my GPU used to have very low clock % before, but now it never go bellow 1830 MHz.I can do everything to lower it, it keeps it clock at this level.I dont know when and why it behaves like that. So if someone can help me figuring out what...
  6. Salad Crypto Mining Software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Salad Crypto Mining Software: Hello, I have been thinking of starting to mine crypto with the free application salad. However, I have been doing research, and some people say that is is malware that will harm my PC. Yes, it does have a verified publisher, but that doesn't sell me. I would like a...
  7. crypto mining

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    crypto mining: please help me a crypto mining virus is in my system it has disabled my inbuilt windows defender it's completely gone I don't know it happened and from where it came into my system even I have all bought genuine software non of that software have been downloaded cracked all...
  8. High CPU Usage cxuiusvc64.exe is the culprit

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU Usage cxuiusvc64.exe is the culprit: Hi. Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.928) So my problems started a few days after the last update; 2021-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64 based Systems (KB5001330). I have Piriforms Speccy installed and it reports the cpu temp is around a constant temp in...
  9. high CPU usage by Windows Explorer

high CPU usage by Windows Explorer: Hi, I was looking through the performance of my new msi laptop, and noticed Windows Explorer was using almost the same, if not more CPU than fusion360. Even with all apps closed and at idle, the program is still using up to 17% cpu. I've looked up causes for this, and one...
  10. unsual high cpu usage of regsvr32.exe

unsual high cpu usage of regsvr32.exe: hello everyone I'm having a bit of trouble with this application. Just recently my CPU has been mostly taken up by one instance of the above file continuously running. Now I have had a look in Task Manager and the following command lines are stated as below:-...