Windows 10: explorer.exe I/O error

Discus and support explorer.exe I/O error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, today I was surfing on my computer. I was running low on disk space, and I decided to remove some programs. But, when I clicked the File Explorer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WindowsXPIsBetter, Aug 29, 2019.

1. explorer.exe I/O error

So, today I was surfing on my computer. I was running low on disk space, and I decided to remove some programs. But, when I clicked the File Explorer, I got a error called:

"explorer.exe - Application Error

The instruction at 0x00007FFBFF4C2C1E referenced memory at 0x0000000020B40000. The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of oxc000007f.

Click on OK to terminate the program."

If I click it, explorer dissappears and come again. And BOOM, same error. I noticed before the error that I had 0 bytes left. So okay, maybe I understand it, not enough memory to use apps and explorer(?)

But no matter what, how do you fix it? Cmd is useless cause I can't get into it because of the error. Here is a explorer.exe I/O error [​IMG]amateur picture of the error.

Windows:Windows 10 Home activated

RAM:8GB

Need more info? Tell me!

I am 12, please don't use complicated computer language!

Tried to terminate the prgram again, got this error

explorer.exe I/O error [​IMG]

:)

WindowsXPIsBetter, Aug 29, 2019
  2. Bonnie02 Win User

I\O error

I decided to restart my laptop because the momory i/o error kept coming up from explorer exe. After trying to reset and fail it this was the measage i got

c:\windows\system32\longfiles\strt\strtTrail.txt

what does this mean

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Bonnie02, Aug 29, 2019
  3. zephyrus Win User
    some .exe files hang

In the last 48 hours, some .exe files do not execute. If started from explorer, explorer hangs. No error messages. These files run on another Win 10 machine. Nothing obvious in the event viewer. I note that *.exe file cannot be deleted when the system is in this state. I must reboot to regain access to the .exe file. sfc /scannnow shows no errors.

Any suggestions?

zephyrus, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Dhika360 Win User

explorer.exe I/O error

Explorer exe application error

Thank you for your help, but im sorry the problem still there, after i did the 2nd step, the scan shows if there are corrupted files, but it can't fix it and only logged the result, and the memory diagnostics says there are no error.

Also, there is a notification says

"explorer.exe - system warning

Unknown hard error"

Dhika360, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

explorer.exe I/O error

1. explorer.exe I/O error - Similar Threads - explorer exe error

2. Onedrive I/O Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive I/O Error: So I work remotely and after the most recent update I cannot copy essential documents to my work's Onedrive. I can sometimes get through, but most of the time it gives me an I/O error has occurred error message. I have tried so many guides and troubleshooting to address this...
  3. I/O error on explorer.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I/O error on explorer.exe: Hi Greg, Whenever I open file explorer; Event Viewer/Window Logs/ System; Source = Disk Warning: The IO operation at logical block address 0x3f for Disk 1 PDO name: \Device\0000004e was retried." And whenever I try to open file explorer within an application, that...
  4. Help with I/O device error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with I/O device error: I'm trying to access a folder on one of my internal HDDs and am getting a 'location is not available' error stating "The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error." I know this means the drive is failing. It's been a bit dodgy for some time now....
  5. I/O Devide Errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I/O Devide Errors: Hi can anyone help me please fix I/O device errors which have suddenly occurred - we are on Windows 10 and have tried updating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/io-devide-errors/da484d80-9b69-41ba-b277-61b30f46cdaa
  6. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  7. i/o device error

i/o device error: Since the latest Windows 10 update, I have had nothing but problems. My computer now only recognizes 1 of 3 external drives. If I unplug the one it recognizes, it shifts to a different drive. I get "I/O device error" on the other 2. It worked perfectly before the update....
  8. I/O error status of 0xc0000010

I/O error status of 0xc0000010: I am running Windows 10 [Version 10.0.17134.829]. After reboot and login, I am receiving an error message "The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0xc0000010". After receiving this error message the laptop is unable to start any...
  9. I/O error

I/O error: After window 10 auto undated. Samsung SCX-3405FW scanner is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/io-error/55d65e0f-9404-4cd6-bce6-09c3f2363377
  10. Error exe

Error exe: I keep getting this error on my dell laptop and as a result, I am unable to download any programs from the Internet. How can I fix this? (the institution at 0x00000000774359A0 referenced memory at 0x00000000774359A0. the required data was not placed into memory because of...
Tags: