Windows 10: Explorer.exe is crashing when file explorer is opened

Discus and support Explorer.exe is crashing when file explorer is opened in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have windows11 22H2, today my file explorer stopped working, when i open it it just hangs and doesn't load the path section and then crashes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gamer1444, Dec 8, 2023.

1. gamer1444 Win User

Explorer.exe is crashing when file explorer is opened

I have windows11 22H2, today my file explorer stopped working, when i open it it just hangs and doesn't load the path section and then crashes explorer.exe, is there any way i can find out what causes this without reinstalling windows?Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.22621.2715, time stamp: 0x29e0887dFaulting module name: FileExplorerExtensions.dll, version: 623.25100.30.0, time stamp: 0x65270d19Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x000000000000ef9fFaulting process

:)

gamer1444, Dec 8, 2023

2. Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

thats wierd... iv never had a large file crash explorer before....

and i have files ranging upto 80GB...

slyfox2151, Dec 8, 2023
  3. temp02 Win User
    Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

It's an .exe right? Explorer probably read its icon (to a cache) when it was a "small" file and now call the quits when it finds "such a big" file.

If you want to delete it, use the console after killing explorer, you can run the console from TaskManager (Application -> New Task -> cmd). You might want to try copy the file to a different location (copy, not cut) and see if explorer can handle it in the new location before deleting it.

temp02, Dec 8, 2023
  4. Zero Ice Win User

Windows Explorer crashes whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer..

Windows Explorer crashes whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer..

So, I open up My Computer, open my F Drive and boom: "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and must close". It is really annoying! I am fine everywhere else in explorer, but something just screws up when I try the external HDD (USB) or my thumb drive.

Can anyone help?

Zero Ice, Dec 8, 2023
Thema:

1. Explorer.exe is crashing when file explorer is opened - Similar Threads - Explorer exe crashing

2. Explorer.exe is crashing when file explorer is opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer.exe is crashing when file explorer is opened: I have windows11 22H2, today my file explorer stopped working, when i open it it just hangs and doesn't load the path section and then crashes explorer.exe, is there any way i can find out what causes this without reinstalling windows?Faulting application name: explorer.exe,...
  3. When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.: When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes. It is treated only if you transfer this exe file to the desktop and click on it there. After that, the error disappears for a while. What to do?error log in windows journal- System - Provider [ Name] Application Error -...
  4. When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.: When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes. It is treated only if you transfer this exe file to the desktop and click on it there. After that, the error disappears for a while. What to do?error log in windows journal- System - Provider [ Name] Application Error -...
  5. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes: Hello! whenever i open exe file my file explorers stops and i cant click anythinh after 1 hour or so it runs the exe files which if i try to force close using task maganger EXPLORER It blacks out my screen and i got to restart any resolve? if so please reply thanks!...
  6. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes: Hello! whenever i open exe file my file explorers stops and i cant click anythinh after 1 hour or so it runs the exe files which if i try to force close using task maganger EXPLORER It blacks out my screen and i got to restart any resolve? if so please reply thanks!...
  7. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. file explore crashes on opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    file explore crashes on opening: file explore is a fuckin bitch cant even boot my computer into safe mod because it just crashes and i refuse to reinstall windows what should I do submitted by /u/Pichumaster114 [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows Explorer crashes when I open File Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Explorer crashes when I open File Explorer: So whenever I click File Explorer on the taskbar or in the start menu, Windows Explorer crashes and I need to go into task manager and restart it. But if I click a folder on my desktop it doesn't crash? 56915
  10. Explorer: not responding when opening folder with exe file

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer: not responding when opening folder with exe file: I have a folder full of *.exe files. When I navigate to the folder to read its content (files listed in "tile" mode), Explorer hangs for a minute or two displaying in the title bar "not responding". Eventually, the files are displayed but it is a bit of a pain. I modified...