Windows 10: Explorer.exe keeps crashing, all solutions provided don't work

Discus and support Explorer.exe keeps crashing, all solutions provided don't work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, Every time I boot my computer (running windows 10), the explorer.exe process ends up in an infinite loop. All my desktop icons are gone,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SidneyH, Mar 19, 2016.

1. SidneyH Win User

Explorer.exe keeps crashing, all solutions provided don't work

Hello all,

Every time I boot my computer (running windows 10), the explorer.exe process ends up in an infinite loop. All my desktop icons are gone, then it changes to a blue screen, then my taskbar slowly appears and then it happens over and over again. I've never experienced it this bad, and searched everywhere for a solution. I'm really lost and I don't know what to do.

This problem started a few months ago where I couldn't access folders, but could do the normal stuff (get on the internet, play games). It's now in a stage where I can't do anything. When I upgraded to Windows 10, everything worked fine and I didn't experience the explorer.exe crashes. It happened at a random time.

Things I've tried:
    - Looked up the programs which may cause the problem (Inventor 2015 for example), but those weren't installed at all
    - Tried to change the display scaling size (it was by default set on 150% which is normal)
    - Ran a full scan on virusses, and registry faults
    - Removed a key in KHEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, can't remember the exact name
    - Upgraded my graphics driver

I can't access Windows Event Viewer as that crashes as well. I really hope if anyone can help me out, and any help is appreciated.

Yours sincerely,

:)

SidneyH, Mar 19, 2016
  2. Alex_188 Win User

Windows 10 Taskbar and Desktop Constantly Refreshing

none of your solution provided the answer to my problem. I did realized, when I open task manager, that Windows Explorer crashes every few minutes I was managed to create a dump file Windows Explorer but unfortunately I don't have a way to read it maybe
    you can find out what make Windows Explorer crash -

Dropbox - explorer.exe.4256.dmp

Alex_188, Mar 19, 2016
  3. sr_dami Win User
    explorer.exe stops working

Well, sometimes i'm having this issue. Explorer.exe stops working and if i try to reload it, the all computer crashes... So i have to reboot each time explorer.exe crashes.

Also, the sound driver seems to be crashing.

Need help!

sr_dami, Mar 19, 2016
  4. Explorer.exe keeps crashing, all solutions provided don't work

If it is really that bad, Reset might be the only option.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Try to download this file and run it as admin, it might take a while to finish. In the end, select to clean everything.

TairikuOkami, Mar 19, 2016
  5. SidneyH Win User
    Thanks for your reply. I do not own a windows 10 installation disc, is this necessary when resetting windows 10?
    I'll try the file later, only need to find a way to transfer it to my computer. I'll keep you updated. Once again, thanks.

SidneyH, Mar 19, 2016
  6. TairikuOkami, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Explorer.exe keeps crashing, all solutions provided don't work

1. Explorer.exe keeps crashing, all solutions provided don't work - Similar Threads - Explorer exe keeps

2. PC Keep Crashing Minidmp Provided

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Keep Crashing Minidmp Provided: Hi there. My computer keeps crashing several times in these few days. It just reboots automatically after each crash with no BSOD. I've gone through the event log, reliability monitor always the same critical event, with summary 'hardware problem', and tecnical detail...
  3. PC Keep Crashing Minidmp Provided

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Keep Crashing Minidmp Provided: Hi there. My computer keeps crashing several times in these few days. It just reboots automatically after each crash with no BSOD. I've gone through the event log, reliability monitor always the same critical event, with summary 'hardware problem', and tecnical detail...
  4. PC Keep Crashing Minidmp Provided

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Explorer keeps crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer keeps crashing.: I am currently running on Windows 11 Insider Beta channel with the 22621.160 updated days ago and it went fine until this happen.So I was booting up my laptop normally and when I got through the lock screen, the explorer keeps crashing over and over.Task manager can be...
  6. explore keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    explore keeps crashing: Dear Microsoft Community. i've run into a nasty explore crash every time i'm "too fast" working it crash, especially when right clicking.. tried every fix i could find but nothing helps! yesterday i got enough of it and made a clean reinstall of windows just to discover it...
  7. explore keeps crashing

explore keeps crashing: Dear Microsoft Community. i've run into a nasty explore crash every time i'm "too fast" working it crash, especially when right clicking.. tried every fix i could find but nothing helps! yesterday i got enough of it and made a clean reinstall of windows just to discover it...
  8. All the EXE files are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All the EXE files are not working: Can someone help me? I wanted to open a file by clicking the "Open with" option as an alternative to open it. As I chose WinRAR to open that certain file, I forgot to untoggle/untick the "Always use this program to open this type of files or whatever it said" box. Now all the...
  9. All the EXE files are not working

All the EXE files are not working: Can someone help me? I wanted to open a file by clicking the "Open with" option as an alternative to open it. As I chose WinRAR to open that certain file, I forgot to untoggle/untick the "Always use this program to open this type of files or whatever it said" box. Now all the...
  10. All the EXE files are not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All the EXE files are not working: Can someone help me? I wanted to open a file by clicking the "Open with" option to open it. As I chose WinRAR to open that certain file, I forgot to untoggle/untick the "Always use this program to open this type of files or whatever it said" box. Now all the EXE files have...
Tags: