Windows 10: Explorer.exe keeps crashing but only on one user account

Discus and support Explorer.exe keeps crashing but only on one user account in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I am having this weird issue with my computer. Whenever I log into my account the admin account explorer.exe loads up fine at first but then it will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jessycaluna, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Explorer.exe keeps crashing but only on one user account

So I am having this weird issue with my computer. Whenever I log into my account the admin account explorer.exe loads up fine at first but then it will crash, when that happens explorer.exe starts up again automatically only for it to crash again. It's like a never ending cycle which renders it unusable. The weird part is that it only does that on the admin account, if I log into my sister's account which is a regular user account it works just fine.

This is a relatively new installation of Windows 10 Pro It's only about a month old at most. There aren't many files on the computer, only Word and PowerPoint documents I need for school. The only apps I've downloaded are Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Office 365, Itunes, and Adobe Acrobat Reader. Aside from that it's a clean installation, so I have no idea what could be causing the issue.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Is there any way I could fix this without having to reinstall windows? Any answer or suggestion would be very appreciated. Thank you.

:)

jessycaluna, Apr 9, 2020
  2. Gencijs Win User

File explorer keeps crashing in Win 10

Hello,

I did the steps you wrote. All the settings were as you suggested. The File Explorer keeps crashing.

Gencijs, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 9, 2020
  4. Explorer.exe keeps crashing but only on one user account

removing user account

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys, select Control Panel.
    • Select User accounts.
    • Select Manage other accounts.
    • Double click on the account you want to delete and select
      Delete the account.
    • Follow the instructions and check if it helps.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Explorer.exe keeps crashing but only on one user account

1. Explorer.exe keeps crashing but only on one user account - Similar Threads - Explorer exe keeps

2. Explorer constantly crashing upon login but only for one user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer constantly crashing upon login but only for one user: Hi all,We use Co-Management between SCCM and Intune.We have a user who was on Medical Leave for a few months and now that they're back, when trying to sign into the computer they used to use before going on Leave, Windows Explorer starts flashing, all you can see is the Task...
  3. Explorer constantly crashing upon login but only for one user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer constantly crashing upon login but only for one user: Hi all,We use Co-Management between SCCM and Intune.We have a user who was on Medical Leave for a few months and now that they're back, when trying to sign into the computer they used to use before going on Leave, Windows Explorer starts flashing, all you can see is the Task...
  4. Explorer constantly crashing upon login but only for one user

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Problem only on one Windows user account

Problem only on one Windows user account: I bought a video game from Steam last week: Dying Light 2. When I launched the game, when it didn't crash instantly, I would be able to navigate the menu and start a game but when the game start, I can only see the HUD everything else was black. I have hundreds of games and...
  6. Windows 7 explorer crash on one user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 explorer crash on one user: Good day everyone I own a dell laptop with windows 7, 32 bit.I hope someone can help me with my windows explorer's issue without me losing any files.Explorer crashed before but usually after restarting explorer it works just fine, until this time. This time a week ago while...
  7. Windows 7 explorer crash on one user

Windows 7 explorer crash on one user: Good day everyone I own a dell laptop with windows 7, 32 bit.I hope someone can help me with my windows explorer's issue without me losing any files.Explorer crashed before but usually after restarting explorer it works just fine, until this time. This time a week ago while...
  8. Windows 10 - Explorer crash repeatedly only in one user profile

Windows 10 - Explorer crash repeatedly only in one user profile: Hi, I had one profile that could not use because explorer process repeatly restart and made unusuable the desktop.. On others or new profiles all works fine.. the problem is only on one profile the most usedI updated from 1809 to the last version 21h2, no 3rd party...
  9. Windows 10 - Explorer crash repeatedly only in one user profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Explorer crash repeatedly only in one user profile: Hi, I had one profile that could not use because explorer process repeatly restart and made unusuable the desktop.. On others or new profiles all works fine.. the problem is only on one profile the most usedI updated from 1809 to the last version 21h2, no 3rd party...
  10. Windows 10 - Explorer crash repeatedly only in one user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 account keeps crashing with explorer errors for one account only