Windows 10: Explorer.exe keeps restarting every few seconds only for one user

Discus and support Explorer.exe keeps restarting every few seconds only for one user in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, strange problem occured. No additional software or updates were installed before as I know. Problem: Only for one user when I sign in,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ReservusLT, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Explorer.exe keeps restarting every few seconds only for one user

Hello,

strange problem occured. No additional software or updates were installed before as I know.

Problem: Only for one user when I sign in, explorer.exe keeps restarting/crashing every few seconds. I can't use it in no way. Other users works fine.

Explorer.exe Dump: https://pastebin.com/raw/xAXdx3pS

Tried:

1. sfc /scannow

2. chkdsk

3. dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

4. Disabled any NON-Microsoft 3rd parties via ShellExView.

5. Disabled any NON-microsoft startup programs.

:)

ReservusLT, Nov 18, 2019

2. Windows explorer keeps closing and restarting

Hello Eileen ,

• Have you made any recent changes on your PC?
    * Last thing i did was to install microsoft silverlight before this problem , i uninstalled it but i still have the problem.

• Are you getting any specific error messages? If yes, send us a screenshot. * explorer keeps restarting without any error message
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from Safe Mode? I did update my graphic card , scanfnow and chkdsk Thank you
      for your help.

El Mehdizidani, Nov 18, 2019
  3. Windows 10 explorer crashes and restarts every 60 seconds

Hi Keith,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know:

• Have you enabled Built-in administrator account?
    • Have you currently logged-in as an administrator using Microsoft account?
    • Have you created any other user account on your computer?

If you have enabled Built-in administrator account, I suggest you to disable that and check if it helps.

Steps to: Disable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)

Restart the computer, try to log-in with administrator account and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information and updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 18, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

Explorer.exe keeps restarting every few seconds only for one user

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

Explorer.exe keeps restarting every few seconds only for one user

1. Explorer.exe keeps restarting every few seconds only for one user - Similar Threads - Explorer exe keeps

2. Explorer.exe keeps restarting every few seconds only for one user after Windows11 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer.exe keeps restarting every few seconds only for one user after Windows11 22H2: Hi, I have the same problem of this user, but the workaround not worked for mehttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solved-explorerexe-keeps-restarting-every-few/79d1b59c-f6c7-456d-8442-ac7439b5c761When i log in, the explorer process dies every 3-4 seconds and...
  3. Explorer.exe keeps restarting every few seconds only for one user after Windows11 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer.exe keeps restarting every few seconds only for one user after Windows11 22H2: Hi, I have the same problem of this user, but the workaround not worked for mehttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solved-explorerexe-keeps-restarting-every-few/79d1b59c-f6c7-456d-8442-ac7439b5c761When i log in, the explorer process dies every 3-4 seconds and...
  4. Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds and restarting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds and restarting: Hi, I'm so desperate, I tried so many fixes and can't get it fixed. So I send my PC either to sleep mode with a couple of Chrome Tabs or I just left it running. When I returned a couple of hours later the task bar and all the icons on the desktop kept flickering Explorer...
  5. Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds and restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds and restarting: Hi, I'm so desperate, I tried so many fixes and can't get it fixed. So I send my PC either to sleep mode with a couple of Chrome Tabs or I just left it running. When I returned a couple of hours later the task bar and all the icons on the desktop kept flickering Explorer...
  6. Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds and restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds: Hello, I have a problem with my pc, im running windows 10 pro, today it started to crash every frew seconds, when i open a window in explorer, it suddenly crashes.I checked on event viewer and the following errors prompted:Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version:...
  8. Windows Explorer Keeps restarting for few seconds second randomly on my Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer Keeps restarting for few seconds second randomly on my Laptop: Hello,this started happening randomly and I have no idea how to fix it permanently. So basically it goes black but my cursor is still on the screen, it mostly happens whenever I switch tabs/programs or opening programs. EDIT: Also happens randomly What I have done: sfc...
  9. .exe viewer only opens for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .exe viewer only opens for a few seconds: Hi I am trying to open a .exe viewer but when I open it it closes after a few seconds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-viewer-only-opens-for-a-few-seconds/406b375e-a6f8-49f8-ad32-bcff1b8ed337
  10. Explorer keeps restarting every 3-5 seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer keeps restarting every 3-5 seconds: My girlfriend's laptop (Lenovo Ideapad 330S) keeps continuously refreshing Explorer, roughly every 3-5 seconds. Does anyone know of a solution for this? submitted by /u/Sulzer685 [link] [comments]...