Windows 10: explorer.exe keeps restarting when i log in.

Discus and support explorer.exe keeps restarting when i log in. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; to start, im running windows 10. i use my pc for work and gaming. i just use excel them send stuff via email on Microsoft edge. i have an oculus rift... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by vipermcloud, Aug 14, 2019.

1. explorer.exe keeps restarting when i log in.

to start, im running windows 10. i use my pc for work and gaming. i just use excel them send stuff via email on Microsoft edge. i have an oculus rift installed as the only real hardware for gaming. everything else is through steam and windows.

so the other day i was playing a game on my pc, shut my pc down oer normal before bed. 16 hrs later i get home from work.

i power on pc....normal. the login screen pops up with my account. its a little laggy but i easily log in.

upon log in, it loads walpaper (generic windows backround) then loads the taskbar with no icons, just the start button, search, cortana, time and notifications icon.

the whole p.c freezes every 10 seconds for 3-10 seconds. this goes on a repeat of about 5 mins before i intervien. i open task manager and check my process. knowing that it looked like explorer was having issues, i looked for that. it showed explorer opening, (the taskbar goes away and comes back, sometimes the backround flashes black)

i restart my pc. same stuff happens.

safe mode, same thing.

tried a system restore, failed to restore

full wipe, failed to reinstall

sfc in admin mode with /scannnow, files were found currupt but cannot be fixed.

so i took to online communities.

(copied explorer.exe and put in system 32, pc runs great except i cant use windows edge, cant use any windows product, annnnd explorer.exe does not even run but i can play my games and acess internet through them.)

i removed explorere from system32 and tried again. same lagging stuff. i put back in it semi works without exe again.

im stumped and just want to atleast wipe it all clean and start over.

i cannot acess anything requiring explorer. exe ao it makes ir hard to do.

please help

as a secondary i ran into an issue years ago similar and windows sent me a usb with the os so i can boot and reinstall from the usb. that worked amazing i woukd love that again if possible. i have the kwy for windows 10 just need the stick.

any help is appreciated

:)

vipermcloud, Aug 14, 2019

2. Windows explorer keeps closing and restarting

Hello Eileen ,

• Have you made any recent changes on your PC?
    * Last thing i did was to install microsoft silverlight before this problem , i uninstalled it but i still have the problem.

• Are you getting any specific error messages? If yes, send us a screenshot. * explorer keeps restarting without any error message
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from Safe Mode? I did update my graphic card , scanfnow and chkdsk Thank you
      for your help.

El Mehdizidani, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Explorer keep crashing and restart

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

I suggest you to reset Windows explorer and check if it helps.

Please follow the steps:

• Right click on the task Bar and select Task Manager.

• Select Processes tab.

• Choose windows explorer and right click on it.

• Select end task

• Click on file menu and select run new task.

• Type explorer.exe

• Click on ok.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Aug 14, 2019
  4. explorer.exe keeps restarting when i log in.

Reinstallation of Internet explorer in Windows 10

Hi Rick,

I would like to inform that the Internet Explorer might be disabled from Windows Features. I suggest you to enable Internet Explorer by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • In the left pane, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    • From the list locate and check the box for Internet Explorer 11.
    • Click on OK.
    • Restart the system and check.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

explorer.exe keeps restarting when i log in.

1. explorer.exe keeps restarting when i log in. - Similar Threads - explorer exe keeps

2. File explorer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer keeps restarting: My file explorer keeps restarting every 2 seconds. The taskbar is gone and the wallpaper and apps keep flashing. The only app I can open is cmd and I've tried just about every code I know there. When I try to factory reset it tells me it failed. I don't know what to do. I'm...
  3. The unnamed exe. app when restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The unnamed exe. app when restarting: when i restart, theres a warning "this app is not letting you restart" and theres an app unnamed " "is that a threat? topic is random becuse idk what is it...
  4. The unnamed exe. app when restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The unnamed exe. app when restarting: when i restart, theres a warning "this app is not letting you restart" and theres an app unnamed " "is that a threat? topic is random becuse idk what is it...
  5. The unnamed exe. app when restarting

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Windows Explorer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer keeps restarting: I get this error: Application: explorer.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: exception code c00000fd, exception address 00007FFBFA0517B8 <Event...
  7. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  8. Explorer Keeps Restarting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Explorer Keeps Restarting: I think I have some registry conflicts. The battery/audio systray icons are no longer appearing, and the screen keeps flickering which causes applications to hang. Sometimes programs will even switch on their own. Any advice on this? This is really weird guys. If I use...
  9. Explorer keeps restarting itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer keeps restarting itself: When I open certain folders, Windows Explorer just restarts itself. There is no "explorer has stopped working" message and the screen doesn't fade as if it's hanging. Sometimes, it just closes the explorer window instantly when opening a folder and reloads the taskbar,...
  10. File explorer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer keeps restarting: Hay guys. I have windows 10. And i have a problem. I installed windows 10 several months ago on one partition of my hard drive. This partition was just intended for testing windows 10, and i had another partition with my usual windows and one more with another (backup)...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft vipermcloud