Windows 10: Explorer.exe keeps restarting while scrolling on the start menu

Discus and support Explorer.exe keeps restarting while scrolling on the start menu in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A few hours ago, I've encounter a problem where in explorer.exe keeps restarting after I scroll a few using my scroll wheel. It doesn't restart when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sandren Troy Milante, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Explorer.exe keeps restarting while scrolling on the start menu

A few hours ago, I've encounter a problem where in explorer.exe keeps restarting after I scroll a few using my scroll wheel. It doesn't restart when I'm dragging the scroll bar to scroll with the start menu. Even if using arrow keys, I can still scroll at the start menu without restarting the explorer.exe. I've also noticed that the search bar doesn't work too. It doesn't popup or respond with my clicks. I just encountered this all of a sudden.

I've recently upgraded this pc to windows 10 a few days ago, but I'm starting to encounter this issue.

Windows 10 Build Number: 2004

:)

Sandren Troy Milante, Jul 12, 2020
  2. Jian Gao Win User

Windows 10 Start Menu Keeps Crashing upon Scrolling

Hi all,

I'm hoping to get some advice with a new issue in my Windows 10: my Start Menu keeps crashing and restarting if I scroll on it.

Once I open the Start Menu and scroll it with mouse, the Start Menu, together with explorer, crashes after 1 or 2 seconds or immediately after I left/right-click on it. It then pops up again after the explorer restarts. The Start Menu works well before any
    scrolling.

By using Tab, Space, Enter and arrow keys, I can "scroll" the Start Menu with keyboard and this will NOT make it crash.

Together with this issue I also found that the File Explorer's searching box not operating well, but I don't know if these two issues are connected.

I've tried the following methods and unfortunately they do not work for me:

- SFC

- DISM

===========================================

Details from the Reliability Monitor (some terms may be inaccurate because they were translated from Chinese):

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Explorer.EXE

Application Version: 10.0.19041.84

Application Timestamp: 01e78678

Faulting Module Name: twinui.pcshell.dll

Faulting Module Version: 10.0.19041.84

Faulting Module Timestamp: a930d2fe

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0000000000085c4d

OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 2052

Additional Information 1: 1908

Additional Information 2: 190818e837de5133bf9a0aa7e10d0298

Additional Information 3: 5e2b

Additional Information 4: 5e2b5681144c6ed6b81a734fcbdfeeb9

Extra information about the problem

Segment ID: 61b841330965b3abdf14f0583fea7aea (2239679176530098922)

Jian Gao, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Jadefox02 Win User
    Explorer.exe / Start Menu Freezing/Crashing/Restarting

I've been having constant issues with explorer.exe crashing/restarting. My start menu just freezes and nothing responds. However if I click like a madman enough it restarts automatically, sometimes I have to restart explorer.exe from task manager. Any
    ideas? Google has come up useless. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I use Avast Anti-Virus and a couple of other apps on start-up. Happens on both my laptop and desktop computers.

Jadefox02, Jul 12, 2020
  4. tomybooy Win User

Explorer.exe keeps restarting while scrolling on the start menu

Can't scroll in start menu windows 10

Hey all.

I updated my windows to 10 and all is good besides the scrolling.

I cannot scroll in the start menu or some other menus in windows. (File explorer works and of curse that in chrome everything works.)

It's just the start menu and basically all the menus in the new windows 10.

The funny thing is that's it shows me the little mark that's get showed when you actually do scroll, but nothing happens.

I'm using Samsung 9 series, with Syntaptics drivers which are installed.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!

tomybooy, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Explorer.exe keeps restarting while scrolling on the start menu

1. Explorer.exe keeps restarting while scrolling on the start menu - Similar Threads - Explorer exe keeps

2. Windows start menu keeps scrolling automatically

in Cortana
    Windows start menu keeps scrolling automatically: Hi there, So basically I just opened Windows Search / Windows Start menu and tried to search for something when I noticed that it kept scrolling automatically through all my apps / options on the start menu. I have attached a video turned to a gif. I can't search for anything...
  3. Windows start menu keeps scrolling automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows start menu keeps scrolling automatically: Hi there, So basically I just opened Windows Search / Windows Start menu and tried to search for something when I noticed that it kept scrolling automatically through all my apps / options on the start menu. I have attached a video turned to a gif. I can't search for anything...
  4. Windows start menu keeps scrolling automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Exe Icons disappear on Start Menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Exe Icons disappear on Start Menu: As shown in picture, all exe applications excluding those from Microsoft store disappears on start menu. Even disappear in all Apps. I have tried some methods such as sfc/scannow, delete iconcache create another user account etc., but none of them work so far.Anyone has...
  6. Auto Scrolling in start menu

Auto Scrolling in start menu: All windows menus auto-scrolling to the top whenever I try to use the start menu. If I try to type the name of a program for instance it just keeps going to the top after one letter. Similarly, if I try to click on a sub-menu it will keep trying to go to the top so that I...
  7. Windows 10 Start Menu Keeps Crashing upon Scrolling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu Keeps Crashing upon Scrolling: Hi all, I'm hoping to get some advice with a new issue in my Windows 10: my Start Menu keeps crashing and restarting if I scroll on it. Once I open the Start Menu and scroll it, the Start Menu, together with explorer, crashes after 1 or 2 seconds. It then pops up again...
  8. Start menu trackpad scrolling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu trackpad scrolling: Hey guys ever since the 1903 update, I can't scroll down my apps and programs in the start menu usimg the trackpad scrolling gesture, so I have to use the slider on the side which quite inconvenient, I can use the scroll wheel if I have a mouse plugged tho. Anyone know how to...
  9. Auto Scrolling in start menu

Auto Scrolling in start menu: All windows menus auto-scrolling to the top whenever I try to use the start menu. If I try to type the name of a program for instance it just keeps going to the top after one letter. Similarly, if I try to click on a sub-menu it will keep trying to go to the top so that I...
  10. EXE files and Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    EXE files and Start menu: Is there any way I can put an .exe file on the Start menu? I know I can put a link to it on the desktop but that has too many icons on it already. Thank you. 22594