Windows 10: explorer.exe preventing my laptop from sleeping

Discus and support explorer.exe preventing my laptop from sleeping in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop doesn't sleep while plugged in so i searched for solution for two days and i found article say to use this command to findout what preventing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Meloawad, Feb 6, 2022.

1. Meloawad Win User

explorer.exe preventing my laptop from sleeping

My laptop doesn't sleep while plugged in so i searched for solution for two days and i found article say to use this command to findout what preventing my pc from sleeping powercfg -requests and this is the result :SYSTEM: [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Windows\explorer.exe AWAYMODE: [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Windows\explorer.exe EXECUTION: None. PERFBOOST: None. ACTIVELOCKSCREEN: None.So i closed windows explorer from task manager and my laptop sleep worked and when i opened windows explorer again the problem is back .. what is the solution how to fix this explorer.exe problem ?

:)

Meloawad, Feb 6, 2022

2. Preventing sleep on laptop/monitor

Hi Tricia,

In order to help you with your concern about preventing your Windows 10 not to go to sleep mode, may we request you to answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • What is the current Build and Version of your Windows 10 PC? To know these information follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • A small box will appear showing the current Build and
      Version
      of your PC.

(Should you need to update your PC, you may click on this
    link
    . This will also show you the update history for Windows 10.)

• Are you getting any error messages? If yes, kindly post it here.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

You may utilize the troubleshooting suggestions from the post of
    Aleksandr 10 in this thread, to remedy the
    automatic sleep that your device is displaying. This link has been helpful to a lot of Community members who had the same concern and may also be helpful in the issue at hand.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Feb 6, 2022
  3. prevent my laptop from sleeping

hi there could anyone give me help to prevent my laptop from sleeping unless i want itto sleep

PeggyHeyns, Feb 6, 2022
  4. MisterEd Win User

Should MoUsoCoreWorker.exe preventing sleep be ignored?

I have seen several threads here complaining about this
    Code:
    I don't take that as something to get rid of but a warning that there is a problem with Windows updates

I just got that and then went into Windows Update

explorer.exe preventing my laptop from sleeping [​IMG]

All seemed OK but based on past experience I knew there was something wrong with Windows Updates
    I then restarted the Windows Update service

I then retried Windows Update again

That showed there actually was a problem with Windows Update.

If we configured Windows so that MoUsoCoreWorker.exe no longer prevented sleep how are we to know when there is a problem with Windows Update?

In other words shouldn't we take this more seriously and listen to what Windows is telling us instead of trying to hide it?

MisterEd, Feb 6, 2022
Thema:

1. explorer.exe preventing my laptop from sleeping - Similar Threads - explorer exe preventing

2. regsvcs.exe preventing laptop from sleeping or turning display off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    regsvcs.exe preventing laptop from sleeping or turning display off: My laptop now does not turn off display or go to sleep after the specific time in the power settings. When i run powercfg -requests, it tells me the following:DISPLAY:[PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegSvcs.exeSYSTEM:[PROCESS]...
  3. regsvcs.exe preventing laptop from sleeping or turning display off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    regsvcs.exe preventing laptop from sleeping or turning display off: My laptop now does not turn off display or go to sleep after the specific time in the power settings. When i run powercfg -requests, it tells me the following:DISPLAY:[PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegSvcs.exeSYSTEM:[PROCESS]...
  4. regsvcs.exe preventing laptop from sleeping or turning display off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. explorer.exe preventing my laptop from sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    explorer.exe preventing my laptop from sleeping: My laptop doesn't sleep while plugged in so i searched for solution for two days and i found article say to use this command to findout what preventing my pc from sleeping powercfg -requests and this is the result :SYSTEM: [PROCESS]...
  6. explorer.exe preventing my laptop from sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    explorer.exe preventing my laptop from sleeping: My laptop doesn't sleep while plugged in so i searched for solution for two days and i found article say to use this command to findout what preventing my pc from sleeping powercfg -requests and this is the result :SYSTEM: [PROCESS]...
  7. Fingerprint prevents laptop from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fingerprint prevents laptop from sleep: Hello,I have a problem with my hello fingerprint. After putting my laptop to sleep it will wake up on it's own and fingerprint sensor keeps working. I keep getting the message "your device couldn't recognize you. Try cleaning your fingerprint sensor" and it keeps refreshing...
  8. WSL2 prevents laptop from waking back from sleep

WSL2 prevents laptop from waking back from sleep: My Zephyrus G15 laptop is about 2 months old now, and yesterday, I activated WSL2Windows Subsystem for Linux and installed Ubuntu 20.04 from Windows Store. Immediately after, I installed ROS, CUDA toolkit 11.1, KDE desktop and xrdp, and also VcXsrv. Now, everything works fine...
  9. ASUSLinkRemote\AsusLinkRemoteAgent.exe preventing laptop from automatically entering sleep

ASUSLinkRemote\AsusLinkRemoteAgent.exe preventing laptop from automatically entering sleep: My laptop has not been automatically going to sleep after several minutes if not hours of idling for the past few weeks. I went into the control panel and adjusted all of the minutes, checked that everything was set to automatically go to sleep, but still nothing. As a last...
  10. Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep: when i make my laptop sleep and open it after some time it is already shut down, it never opens from where i left it what must i do?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preventing-laptop-from-going-to-shutdown-after/d1107476-8cba-4411-a25a-ce29088e1cf4