Windows 10: Explorer.exe regularly crashing

Discus and support Explorer.exe regularly crashing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This has been happening for months now, sometimes a couple of days apart, sometimes two or three times in a single day. Suddenly all my explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by martinlest, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Explorer.exe regularly crashing

This has been happening for months now, sometimes a couple of days apart, sometimes two or three times in a single day.

Suddenly all my explorer windows will close (and an error report appears in Event Viewer). I have Googled the problem many times and looked through various threads here, but nothing quite matches. Invariably, a promising thread ends with the O/P reporting that uninstalling some piece of software that I have never even heard of, let alone installed, fixed the issue.

I wonder if the Event Viewer report below (I must have a hundred of them like this now) rings any bells. They always look the same. I originally thought it could have been a Windows update that introduced this problem, but if it had been, surely a later update would have fixed things (or am I overestimating Microsoft!?).. Thanks for any ideas!

Windows version = 10.0.18363 Build 18363

Code:
    :)

martinlest, Jan 13, 2021
  2. MBar_44 Win User
    MBar_44, Jan 13, 2021
  3. explorer just crashed? why?

pretty regularly yea, about twice (maybe) a month

WhiteLotus, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Explorer.exe regularly crashing

Windows explore crash when searching

The tenforums link solved this issue for me.

The root cause is a Windows 10 bug where File Explorer crashes when long file names are included in a search result. The steps for the workaround are:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click View > Options
    • Open the View tab
    • Check "Always show icons, never thumbnails"
    • Click OK

The Benjamin Moore, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Explorer.exe regularly crashing

1. Explorer.exe regularly crashing - Similar Threads - Explorer exe regularly

2. Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.: Did basic troubleshooting steps, sfc scannow etc nothing showed up.Was using startisback and custom themes, removed them still no fix.Event viewer showsFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1645, time stamp: 0x7c06cc0eFaulting module name: verifier.dll,...
  3. Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.: Did basic troubleshooting steps, sfc scannow etc nothing showed up.Was using startisback and custom themes, removed them still no fix.Event viewer showsFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1645, time stamp: 0x7c06cc0eFaulting module name: verifier.dll,...
  4. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes: Hello! whenever i open exe file my file explorers stops and i cant click anythinh after 1 hour or so it runs the exe files which if i try to force close using task maganger EXPLORER It blacks out my screen and i got to restart any resolve? if so please reply thanks!...
  5. PC crashes regularly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes regularly: Hi- hopefully 1 of you experts can help me analyse a couple of mini dump files.Have a Windows 10 PC with a client that I and remote accessing, about 6 months old, in the last several months it has been spontaneously restarting several times a day, no pattern.Did all the usual...
  6. PC crashes regularly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashes regularly: Hi- hopefully 1 of you experts can help me analyse a couple of mini dump files.Have a Windows 10 PC with a client that I and remote accessing, about 6 months old, in the last several months it has been spontaneously restarting several times a day, no pattern.Did all the usual...
  7. PC crashes regularly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  9. Regular, random crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regular, random crash: Hi Winver 1809 (OS build 17763.805) My desktop system is experiencing crashes pretty much daily, and has been for many weeks. This is not associated with any particular user action, as far as I can tell. The errors seem to relate mainly to memory or drivers; I have swapped...
  10. Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.: Hi, I've been having this issue since yesterday. When I try to open the context menu for an executable to, let´s say, launch it as administrator, the cursor appears as loading and the context menu won't appear. I can right-click folders and images, my problem seems to be only...