Windows 10: Explorer.exe restarting in Windows 10?

Discus and support Explorer.exe restarting in Windows 10? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It only started in the past few days and it tends to happen when I have File Explorer open, moving files around. I can run any other program fine but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IchBinJonny, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Explorer.exe restarting in Windows 10?

It only started in the past few days and it tends to happen when I have File Explorer open, moving files around.

I can run any other program fine but explorer based interactions right clicking task bars, opening start menu, clicking task bar icons... seems to spook it quite easily. The computer will audibly struggle for a moment as explorer fails and restarts, closing any open explorers, but leaving other software open, including browsers.

Event Viewer tells me the following:

Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Error

Date: 17/02/2020 03:38:11
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: 100
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: DEFENDER
    Description:
    Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.18362.628, time stamp: 0xc3041aa6
    Faulting module name: twinui.pcshell.dll, version: 10.0.18362.628, time stamp: 0x3b5e643e
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00000000003cd8ae
    Faulting process ID: 0x2478
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d5e54253d07c0b
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\twinui.pcshell.dll
    Report ID: 388c58f5-fe56-43bc-a5b5-d1ca6259b944
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-02-17T03:38:11.248437200Z" />
    <EventRecordID>5380</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DEFENDER</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>explorer.exe</Data>
    <Data>10.0.18362.628</Data>
    <Data>c3041aa6</Data>
    <Data>twinui.pcshell.dll</Data>
    <Data>10.0.18362.628</Data>
    <Data>3b5e643e</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>00000000003cd8ae</Data>
    <Data>2478</Data>
    <Data>01d5e54253d07c0b</Data>
    <Data>C:\Windows\explorer.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Windows\system32\twinui.pcshell.dll</Data>
    <Data>388c58f5-fe56-43bc-a5b5-d1ca6259b944</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

I can see the dll that is causing the issue but can't seem to find Win10-specific diagnostics. Can anybody please help?

:)

IchBinJonny, Feb 16, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 16, 2020
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Explorer.exe restarting in Windows 10? wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

4. Explorer.exe restarting in Windows 10?

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

Explorer.exe restarting in Windows 10?

1. Explorer.exe restarting in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Explorer exe restarting

2. Windows Explorer not restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer not restarting: Three days ago, I restarted the Windows Explorer through the Task Manager. After that, I was shocked when all of the icons on the taskbar dissapeared. Also the start menu and right clicking on the screen didn't function. Thinking that It was just a bug, I shut down my PC. The...
  3. Windows Explorer not restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer not restarting: Three days ago, I restarted the Windows Explorer through the Task Manager. After that, I was shocked when all of the icons on the taskbar dissapeared. Also the start menu and right clicking on the screen didn't function. Thinking that It was just a bug, I shut down my PC. The...
  4. The unnamed exe. app when restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The unnamed exe. app when restarting: when i restart, theres a warning "this app is not letting you restart" and theres an app unnamed " "is that a threat? topic is random becuse idk what is it...
  5. Windows explorer restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows explorer restarts: Hi all, had to register to see if this is happening to anyone else. Ive had a quick search and couldnt find anything. My problem is, since i updated to Windows 10 21H1, almost every time i click a task bar icon, the taskbar goes blank for a second or two then comes back to...
  6. Windows Explorer restarts every 10 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer restarts every 10 seconds: Been having an issue where every couple weeks and on several reimaged laptops. Every 10 seconds or so, my cursor has the blue spinning wheel for a second and then my windows taskbar disappears and then reappears. Any file explorers I have open will automatically close. After...
  7. Images not appearing in Windows Explorer(.exe)

in Windows 10 Support
    Images not appearing in Windows Explorer(.exe): Firstly, I apologize advance because..best way describe the reason is... Do not make multiple threads in different sections for the same problem. I don't quite remember if it was here on Ten or Seven Forums, but I searched all my previous posts & threads (both forums) and...
  8. Where are the apps exe file in the windows explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where are the apps exe file in the windows explorer?: Hi, I hope you and your family are safe from the virus. May I ask where are the apps exe file in the windows explorer? I want to add shortcut to the startup folder in Windows so the apps I use everyday will auto boot whenever I start up the laptop....
  9. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  10. Windows 10 explorer restarts several times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 explorer restarts several times: I am running windows 10 May 2019 edition . I use my computer for 4-5 hours daily, in that the windows explorer , refresh themselves several times say 1-2 times between that 4-5 hours . I want to know why this problem is happening I am facing this problem from past couple of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. twinui.pcshell.dll