Windows 10: Explorer.exe Stealing Focus and Alt Tabbing me out of games randomly

Discus and support Explorer.exe Stealing Focus and Alt Tabbing me out of games randomly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i've had this problem with some games, but now its happening more than ever, i tried everything and someone told me to install focus logger, and test... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dullabills, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Explorer.exe Stealing Focus and Alt Tabbing me out of games randomly

i've had this problem with some games, but now its happening more than ever, i tried everything and someone told me to install focus logger, and test it out to see what program steals focus when it minimizes the game, and it Said Explorer.exe i thought it was an error cause i cant delete explorer, tried it 5 times and it always said the same thing, i searched google for it and a forum on the microsoft site just had bunch of people talking about the problem and not actually trying to fix it, is there anything i can do to fix it, maybe downgrade windows version while still having all my stuff in it, or a workaround, ANYTHING PLEASE

submitted by /u/dullabills
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dullabills, Jun 30, 2020

2. Weird alt-tab out of fullscreen games.

Hi Simon,

The multitasking capability of a game depends on the total memory of your computer. If you have large amounts of RAM on your computer, it can multitask heavy programs easily like high-end games. To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution
    for your concerns with the alt-tab function, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Have you pressed the alt-tab key during you play Rainbow Six Siege? Or it just happen without pressing it?
    • Does the automatic ALT-TAB behavior happens on other games?
    • Do you have any other programs running on your computer while playing?
    • What is the anti-virus program you're using?
    • What is your device or system specifications? To know, follow these steps:
      1. Press Windows + S and type
        About your PC
      2. Send us the information listed under Device specifications.

Moving forward, if you're multitasking while playing, we recommend that you play this game only without doing other tasks. Pressing ALT-TAB or performing a multitasking interferes with the performance of your video card, especially if you're running a heavy
    game like Rainbow Six Siege. It will generate screen viewing issues like intermittently switching your game screen between your desktop environment.

For now, restart your game and do not press ALT+TAB while playing. This will allow your video card to dedicate its graphics performance on the game only instead of your desktop environment.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Johann Eva, Jun 30, 2020
  3. alt + tab not working

Alt+Tab only works if there is something in the background to switch to. If there is nothing to switch to (the game that has focus is the only thing running), the command isn't executed.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Explorer.exe Stealing Focus and Alt Tabbing me out of games randomly

My windows 10 keeps alt tabing me out of games

Hi,

In order for us to find out what's causing your computer to change windows randomly, we would like to gather more information.

• Does the issue only occur when playing/opening certain apps?
    • Is it alt tabbing? Or the window just minimizes? If it is alt tabbing, you should see the overview of the tabs/windows/apps opened shortly.
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? You may check it by following these steps: Press
      Windows key + R, type "winver" and hit
      Enter

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Explorer.exe Stealing Focus and Alt Tabbing me out of games randomly

1. Explorer.exe Stealing Focus and Alt Tabbing me out of games randomly - Similar Threads - Explorer exe Stealing

2. random pop up stealing focus in fullscreen games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    random pop up stealing focus in fullscreen games: this issue started happening randomly about a week ago. when im playing games in fullscreen a random pop up will steal focus for a split second and then disappear and i have no idea what it is. i have turned off notifications in windows settings, turned off xbox game bar,...
  3. random pop up stealing focus in fullscreen games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    random pop up stealing focus in fullscreen games: this issue started happening randomly about a week ago. when im playing games in fullscreen a random pop up will steal focus for a split second and then disappear and i have no idea what it is. i have turned off notifications in windows settings, turned off xbox game bar,...
  4. Windows 11 Alt Tab out of a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Alt Tab out of a game: Just upgraded to windows 11. I am having an issue when I alt tab out of a game it will minimize the game and I can still hear the game running however it will not allow me to tab back in or click the icon. I have tried disabling GPU scheduling and changing the alt tab...
  5. Windows 11 Alt Tab out of a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Alt Tab out of a game: Just upgraded to windows 11. I am having an issue when I alt tab out of a game it will minimize the game and I can still hear the game running however it will not allow me to tab back in or click the icon. I have tried disabling GPU scheduling and changing the alt tab...
  6. Explorer keeps stealing focus

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer keeps stealing focus: The title is pretty self explanatory, every once and a while explorer will steal focus and bring me back to desktop. I've tried multiple programs that track focus and all of them have said its explorer. submitted by /u/Squizle_3287 [link] [comments]...
  7. Random alt tabs

Random alt tabs: My computer seem to randomly alt tab at will, and I have no idea why. I used Windows Focus Logger, and the issue might originate from a folder called ImmersiveControlPanel under the Local disc C: - Windows. Have ran Malwarebytes multiple times with no viruses or malware...
  8. Focus stealing

Focus stealing: I have an application that has drop down menus for work. (like a status change from started to completed) And if I have the work application open, and I open any other application, Skype, Internet explorer, Chrome anything, AFTER the work app is running, I can no longer use...
  9. Random Alt-Tabs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random Alt-Tabs?: So, this issue developed some weeks ago. Every hour, from start-up, I get alt-tabbed to a mystery window, called 'Update' according to WindowsFocusLogger. I've tried disabling tasks, I've tried closing down non-essential tasks at start up - I've tried **** round in...
  10. Random explorer.exe stealing focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Random explorer.exe stealing focus: I installed Win 10 x64 Home the other day and since then I have had nothing but problems. At random, explorer.exe will steal focus from the active task (can be firefox, can be Word doesn't matter what it is) making the system almost unusable. Current Hardware specs:...