Windows 10: Explorer.exe - System Error The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer

Discus and support Explorer.exe - System Error The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! I hope all is well. For some reason, out of nowhere, my window's PC began to restart the explorer.exe process over and over and over. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by clydehunter1, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Explorer.exe - System Error The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer

Hello! I hope all is well. For some reason, out of nowhere, my window's PC began to restart the explorer.exe process over and over and over. It continues to crash and restart. I received the following error message when I booted in safe mode:

The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application.

I can't do anything when I boot into normal mode because my computer restarts explorer.exe so frequently that its impossible to get things running before it's closed and restarted.

Steps I've taken:

Ran malware scan - results were nothing

Ran sfc scannow - results nothing

Ran Reset computer but keep apps and files - results nothing

What do I need to do to fix this?

:)

clydehunter1, Feb 24, 2020

2. LogonUI.exe : the system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer

i got this recently "logonui.exe the system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer" may you explain why that error happened?

faiziqbalmld, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Neil23 Win User
    Help with this? 'The system detected an overrun of a stack-based...'

On a Windows 10 desktop today there was this error message...

“The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application“

Any suggestion as to what the problem is and how to rectify the problem?

Neil23, Feb 24, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Explorer.exe - System Error The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer

Help with this? 'The system detected an overrun of a stack-based...'

This sounds like an error generated from something written in C++

As the message refers to a specific application, it could be that by inspecting that dialogue window you could determine its origin.
    E.g. using
    Window Detective Alternatives and Similar Software - AlternativeTo.net
    - has a target you can drag over a window to identify the process- as does
    Process Explorer (from MS)

Have you installed a new program recently? Updated one? Added any new hardware?

If you search for
    The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application
    as I assume you have, you will find many results - nothing that's immediately helpful quickly- but worth looking through if you spend some time. Some are simply waffle and no solution.

Beware of pages that are constructed as if to give some solution but look as if some bot has simply put together some generic text blocks, along with a recommendation to download some tool with the dreaded big green download button.

Make sure you read things from reputable sites only e.g. this technical discussion
    Kernel_Security_Check_Failure | Tom's Hardware Forum
    - where you will find
    ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000409 - The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application.

There it's indicating a problem in low level software- nothing necessarily malicious.

If you can identify the source, you're part way there. If it's a driver - and some programs install drivers other than those needed purely as hardware drivers- a program like Autoruns can let you disable startups in the hope of identifying the source by elimination.

To be able to do that, the message needs to be reproducible- when does it occur? Each time you log in? Each time you run a particular program? How often?

dalchina, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Explorer.exe - System Error The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer

1. Explorer.exe - System Error The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer - Similar Threads - Explorer exe System

2. explorer.exe - System Error The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    explorer.exe - System Error The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this...: So I restarted my PC a few days ago, adn ever since I restarted it I haven't been able to login with my pin. When I try to enter my pin, there's text that just says "Something happened and your Pin isnt't available. Click to set up your PIN again." and underneath is a...
  3. dllhost.exe - System Error The system detected an overrun of a stack based buffer in this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dllhost.exe - System Error The system detected an overrun of a stack based buffer in this...: This has been happening in my laptop for a while now and this always pops out. Pleasse help. I already tried the sfc /scannowor System File Checker...
  4. dllhost.exe - System Error The system detected an overrun of a stack based buffer in this...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dllhost.exe - System Error The system detected an overrun of a stack based buffer in this...: This has been happening in my laptop for a while now and this always pops out. Pleasse help. I already tried the sfc /scannowor System File Checker...
  5. dllhost.exe - System Error: The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this...

dllhost.exe - System Error: The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this...: We installed the August Windows updates on our workstations on Thursday evening, 8/10. On the following Monday morning 6 of our users reported getting numerous "dllhost.exe - System Error: The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application." popups...
  6. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...

The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...: It says that when i tried to open open network and internet settings. does anyone know a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-system-detected-an-overrun-of-a-stack-based/49da1d7d-763a-4202-a669-8ed39b13d933
  7. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...: It says that when i tried to open open network and internet settings. does anyone know a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-system-detected-an-overrun-of-a-stack-based/49da1d7d-763a-4202-a669-8ed39b13d933
  8. System Detected Stack-Based Buffer Overrun

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Detected Stack-Based Buffer Overrun: Hi guys, having some trouble here. I cannot find a solution, I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. One of the games I play seems to have become corrupted and caused a crash. Now it won't launch at all. That is not the main problem. The PC refuses to uninstall...
  9. svchost.exe - System Error. The system detected an overrun of a stack based buffer in this...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    svchost.exe - System Error. The system detected an overrun of a stack based buffer in this...: I was playing Battletech and exited the game when my PC rebooted itself. After the reboot it would go to my desktop but I had no icons and I can't access anything. I did a reboot off ctrl+alt+delete and I received the a/m error. Is there any way to fix this error? When I get...
  10. RuntimeBroker.exe System error – The system detected an overrun of a stack based buffer in...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RuntimeBroker.exe System error – The system detected an overrun of a stack based buffer in...: Hi! So I got this error message on my laptop randomly today, it popped up as soon as I opened my computer. I was just wondering if anyone could explain what this means/how to resolve the issue? I'm currently doing a fresh start to reinstall Windows just in case, but any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reset laptop muncul the system detected an overrun of a stack

2. رفع ارور explorer.exe - System Error The system detected an overrun of a stack - based buffer inn this application . This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application