Windows 10: explorer.exe takes a while to load

Discus and support explorer.exe takes a while to load in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever I log into Windows 10, the desktop is never fully loaded. The taskbar has no icons, and it takes a while to fully load explorer.exe. I hava a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Anibal_Alarcon, Mar 12, 2021.

1. explorer.exe takes a while to load

Whenever I log into Windows 10, the desktop is never fully loaded. The taskbar has no icons, and it takes a while to fully load explorer.exe. I hava a triple boot with Windows 8.1 and 7. On Windows 8.1 it is a much shorter wait time, and on 7 it is nearly nonexistent. I’ve tried everything, from installing more drivers to completley starting afresh.Nithing’s worked. My computer is a Dell Inspiron N5050

:)

Anibal_Alarcon, Mar 12, 2021
  2. mbmeadows Win User

Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Mar 12, 2021
  3. Internet Explorer Not Loading Sites on Windows 10 Pro

Hi Cameron,

Thank you for posting your reply.

As you mentioned that the websites are loading in other browsers, suggest you to add the website in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persists:

1. Open Internet Explorer.

2. Type the address and press Enter.

3. Click on the Gear icon in top left corner and select Compatibility View Settings from the list.

4. Click on Add and Close.

5. Re-type the website address and press Enter.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 12, 2021
  4. razghost Win User

explorer.exe takes a while to load

File explorer slow/Never loading solution

Ok so since upgrading from 7 to 10 file explorer has been a absolute nightmare! Everything was either incredibly slow, didn't happen or only partially load. After enduring this to this day I have decided enough is enough and started diagnosing by limiting the startup services using MSconfig.

After going through enabling startup services groups at the time and restarting the computer everytime! Eventually I found the service that was causing the problems with file explorer. The service is called Windows search and once disabled it restored functionality to file explorer. The search function in file explorer works but the search in the taskbar doesn't.

Step by step guide:
    1. Hold Win+r to open run
    2. Type msconfig and hit ok or enter
    3. Click Services
    4. Navigate to Windows search (you can sort the list in descending alphabetical order)
    5. Uncheck tickbox
    6. Click apply then ok
    7. Select to restart now

Hope this works for you.

razghost, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

explorer.exe takes a while to load

1. explorer.exe takes a while to load - Similar Threads - explorer exe takes

2. File Explorer takes forever to load - "working on it"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer takes forever to load - "working on it": I have researched this forum and Google and I've done all that has been suggested to try to fix this very annoying issue but nothing worked - Nov 2023It continues to take a very long time to load - "working on it"Windows bug that never got fixedWindows is also up.to.date....
  3. File Explorer takes a while to open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer takes a while to open: In the past few days I have noticed an odd behavour of File Explorer. If I try to open it from shortcut, Windows start menue or cmd it won't open. Also if i click on the windows start menue logo it won't open it opens only if I pres dedicated key on keyboard. After about 5...
  4. repost: explorer.exe takes a while to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    repost: explorer.exe takes a while to load: repost since no one responded: Whenever I log into Windows 10, the desktop is never fully loaded. The taskbar has no icons, and it takes a while to fully load explorer.exe. I have a triple boot with Windows 8.1 and 7. On Windows 8.1 it is a much shorter wait time, and on 7 it...
  5. file explorer Take forever to load

file explorer Take forever to load: Hi! It is a little bit difficult to explain my problem but I will try my best. When I try to open any folder on my Desktop it takes almost 2 minutes to do so, but when I got that open I can search and "drive" around with no lag or something like this, If I go to word for...
  6. Icon take a while to load

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icon take a while to load: When i turn on my pc, the desktop icons take a little while to load. Is that normal or should they load immediately? submitted by /u/GloomyMinds [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jblwub/icon_take_a_while_to_load/
  7. Videos take a while to load and no audio sometimes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Videos take a while to load and no audio sometimes: When i try and play a video it will take a couple minutes to load before it starts playing. Sometimes with this, no audio will play and i wont be able to mute, unmute or bring my volume up or down. Is there any way to fix this?...
  8. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  9. Windows Explorer takes ages to load

Windows Explorer takes ages to load: Up until yesterday, Windows Explorer was running fine. Then I accidentally downloaded some adware which must have changed things up a bit. I managed to get rid of the adware, but did so using a program called Revo Uninstaller. Once it had uninstalled the adware, I...
  10. File Explorer, very slow to load .exe files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer, very slow to load .exe files: Hi All, When I double click on an .exe file to install a program, in Windows File Explorer, it takes over a minute to start the installation process. When I use Total Commander to do the same thing, it installs straight away. I've also tried it after disabling my Norton AV...