Windows 10: explorer.exe takes up 1.8GB RAM

Discus and support explorer.exe takes up 1.8GB RAM in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Anyone else noticed this? Happens automatically with time, desktop still usable but slow. After killing explorer.exe and rerun it goes back to 45MB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zoenagy6865, Nov 22, 2022.

1. explorer.exe takes up 1.8GB RAM

Anyone else noticed this?

Happens automatically with time, desktop still usable but slow.

After killing explorer.exe and rerun it goes back to 45MB RAM which is expected.

I rarely restart the PC.

Looks like memory overflow, who wrote this shit?!

Windows 7 never had this problem.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes

submitted by /u/zoenagy6865
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zoenagy6865, Nov 22, 2022
  2. prashii Win User

Windows shows 8GB RAM installed but 4GB RAM is usable

Hi There,

I've just upgraded my pc from 4GB RAM to 8GB RAM. Windows seems to have detected this upgrade but why does it show as only 4GB RAM available. The following is what I have tried so far with no luck:

• I have tried the msconfig method on ensuring maximum memory is not checked.
    • physically removed the new RAM and reinstalled it
    Any thoughts/suggestions on how i can resolve this matter?

Thanks

prashii, Nov 22, 2022
  3. Internet Explorer uses a lot of RAM

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description, I understand that internet explorer is consuming more ram space. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to:

• Opening multiple tabs at a time.
    • Using add-on.
    • Virus.
    • Multiple internet explorer opens in Task manager.
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and also check whether multiple Internet explorer process are running at the same time.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del
    • Open Task manager.
    • Click on Detail Tab.
    • You will see MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe file.
    • Right Click and End Task.
    • Restart the computer.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to perform virus scan by using Windows Defender Offline Beta from the below link and check if it helps.

Help protect my PC with Microsoft Defender Offline - Microsoft Support

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 22, 2022
  4. MicroZo Win User

explorer.exe takes up 1.8GB RAM

Internet Explorer uses a lot of RAM

There is no MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe file in the details list.

MicroZo, Nov 22, 2022
Thema:

explorer.exe takes up 1.8GB RAM

1. explorer.exe takes up 1.8GB RAM - Similar Threads - explorer exe takes

2. Upgraded 8GB of Ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded 8GB of Ram: Below is my Lap Top Specs. I just upgraded my Ram I added 8 GB of RAM. I am still having the same problem that my computer locks up. I have to hit ctrl + alt and delete to get back to normal. I have made my virtual memory larger but still the problem still exists. Any help...
  3. Upgraded 8GB of Ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded 8GB of Ram: Below is my Lap Top Specs. I just upgraded my Ram I added 8 GB of RAM. I am still having the same problem that my computer locks up. I have to hit ctrl + alt and delete to get back to normal. I have made my virtual memory larger but still the problem still exists. Any help...
  4. Help,i have 2 modules of ram,1 of 8gb and 1 of 4gb,but the 8gb module is splited in half4gb...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help,i have 2 modules of ram,1 of 8gb and 1 of 4gb,but the 8gb module is splited in half4gb...: It shows me i have 8 gb of ram,i tried getting the 4gb ram out,to see if it s malfunctioning,but after i took it out i had 4 gb of ram,i mean i think the 8gb ram stick is malfunctioning,beacuase i have 8 gb ram,instead of 12...
  5. Help,i have 2 modules of ram,1 of 8gb and 1 of 4gb,but the 8gb module is splited in half4gb...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help,i have 2 modules of ram,1 of 8gb and 1 of 4gb,but the 8gb module is splited in half4gb...: It shows me i have 8 gb of ram,i tried getting the 4gb ram out,to see if it s malfunctioning,but after i took it out i had 4 gb of ram,i mean i think the 8gb ram stick is malfunctioning,beacuase i have 8 gb ram,instead of 12...
  6. Help,i have 2 modules of ram,1 of 8gb and 1 of 4gb,but the 8gb module is splited in half4gb...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. dwm exe taking too much ram

dwm exe taking too much ram: so, ive had this problem few weeks ago, and it annoys me because i had to restart almost everyday. hope someone could help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dwm-exe-taking-too-much-ram/e8a7fb6d-a9c2-4c4a-b2e4-c6a4376104bf
  8. Memory leak takes over 8GB of Ram

Memory leak takes over 8GB of Ram: My memory leak just keeps getting worse. It looks like a paged pool leak. I have tried many things like reinstalling all of my drivers, doing anything I could find on youtube and changing my Ram sticks. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Krinsim SPECS: Intel core...
  9. Something is taking up RAM?

Something is taking up RAM?: Hi!! Im having a problem that something is steadily using up more and more of my computers memory as I use it. I haven't even been using it for more than an hour today before having to restart it because 90%+ is being used on something that I just cannot find. Just now...
  10. 8gb RAM?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    8gb RAM?: Iam thinking of going to 8gb or RAM. Problem is I have 4 RAM slots on my motherboard and if I did buy the ram I'd get 2x4gb sticks. Would this make any difference? Would it work? 40075