Windows 10: Explorer.exe taking all memory until it crashes while doing intensive I/O - Windows Server 2019

Discus and support Explorer.exe taking all memory until it crashes while doing intensive I/O - Windows Server 2019 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have a fresh Windows Server 2019 Installation and when using my compression tools explorer.exe gets bigger and bigger until it eats whole 64 gb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dominikolszewski1, May 4, 2020.

1. Explorer.exe taking all memory until it crashes while doing intensive I/O - Windows Server 2019

Hi,

I have a fresh Windows Server 2019 Installation and when using my compression tools explorer.exe gets bigger and bigger until it eats whole 64 gb ram and crashes system, system logs don't say anything only that there was a critical shutdown due to no response with a failed memory dump. Swap file is set to auto, tested with static as well with over 70 GB.

When I kill explorer.exe everything works fine but when I execute it, it's starting to eat memory in fast linear fashion.

I have tried using TotalCommander instead of explorer.exe as my file explorer but with the same result, total commander was behaving the same way.

I have since reinstalled the whole system from scratch, installed latest updates and tested again with my portable tools - same result.

It also allocated lot of memory when I installed and run VM from Oracle, it didn't release the memory after closing the VM.

When looked at the process of explorer.exe it shows a lot of I/O and shcore.dll being the source of problem in explorer.exe, when I unload this module it will calm down for a little while and come again to eat memory.

I did not had this problem on Windows Server 2012.

Disk Configuration: Raid0 2xSSD, NTFS

Before installing system from scratch I have tested file integrity and originality - everything was ok, I have never installed anything on this system except for copying my portable tools for compressing files and I'm sure they are not the problem as same happens when tested Oracle VM - just running bare windows, before going with the new installation.

Explorer.exe taking all memory until it crashes while doing intensive I/O - Windows Server 2019 fde98171-f0ef-4d8d-b6c8-b141224f2e2d?upload=true.jpg

Explorer.exe taking all memory until it crashes while doing intensive I/O - Windows Server 2019 adbd3d4c-01af-461a-b555-788233c7cc43?upload=true.jpg

:)

dominikolszewski1, May 4, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, May 4, 2020
  3. Harvy Win User
    Windows explorer crashing

Hi,

I am having the same problem as the OP in this thread.
    Windows Explorer crashes whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer..

I have tried the fixes listed in the above thread and I am getting the same error message as 'ktadie' (post 16). I think this is because I am running Windows 7 Professional. Windows explorer crashes when I open my 'Films' folder on my brand new 2tb external HDD. I have about 300 .avi files in this folder and some of the .avi files are several years old.

In short I believe I need the same fix given by 'Wile E' (post 7) but updated for Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks in advance.

Harvy, May 4, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

Explorer.exe taking all memory until it crashes while doing intensive I/O - Windows Server 2019

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Explorer.exe taking all memory until it crashes while doing intensive I/O - Windows Server 2019

1. Explorer.exe taking all memory until it crashes while doing intensive I/O - Windows Server 2019 - Similar Threads - Explorer exe taking

2. bsod while doing something that is not intense load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bsod while doing something that is not intense load: I have encountered this problem ever since I bought this laptop I have try replace ram ssd reseat/remove wireless, cable reinstall windows update driver now that I am starting to suspect gpu cpu can anyone look into my minidump and tell me what is itmsi gf75 thin 10ucMinidump...
  3. bsod while doing something that is not intense load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bsod while doing something that is not intense load: I have encountered this problem ever since I bought this laptop I have try replace ram ssd reseat/remove wireless, cable reinstall windows update driver now that I am starting to suspect gpu cpu can anyone look into my minidump and tell me what is itmsi gf75 thin 10ucMinidump...
  4. Service Host takes all memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host takes all memory: Recently my pc is acting weird. I don't know what to do but what I know is that a service host is eating all my memory. Can someone help me please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-host-takes-all-memory/abce05cb-dbf0-44ed-a934-ac9469c045c8
  5. Service Host takes all memory

Service Host takes all memory: Recently my pc is acting weird. I don't know what to do but what I know is that a service host is eating all my memory. Can someone help me please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-host-takes-all-memory/abce05cb-dbf0-44ed-a934-ac9469c045c8
  6. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes: Hello! whenever i open exe file my file explorers stops and i cant click anythinh after 1 hour or so it runs the exe files which if i try to force close using task maganger EXPLORER It blacks out my screen and i got to restart any resolve? if so please reply thanks!...
  7. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes: Hello! whenever i open exe file my file explorers stops and i cant click anythinh after 1 hour or so it runs the exe files which if i try to force close using task maganger EXPLORER It blacks out my screen and i got to restart any resolve? if so please reply thanks!...
  8. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

9. SOLVED Explorer.exe taking all memory until it crashes while doing intensive I/O - Windows...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SOLVED Explorer.exe taking all memory until it crashes while doing intensive I/O - Windows...: My old tools were causing the trouble, updating them to work with newer system solved the issue. Hi, I have a fresh Windows Server 2019 Installation and when using my compression tools explorer.exe gets bigger and bigger until it eats whole 64 gb ram and crashes system,...
  10. system memory usage slowly increase until all programs crashes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    system memory usage slowly increase until all programs crashes: Its been happening for a while, now and i noticed that the windows system Service Hosts is always slowly increasing their memory usage until it causes all the apps on my desktop to crash. Is there a way to disable this? (it could be a memory leak too but im not too sure...