Windows 10: explorer.exe to cmd.exe - How do I remove minimized items?

Discus and support explorer.exe to cmd.exe - How do I remove minimized items? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am going with a minimalist design. Just trying to figure out how to remove the minimized items on the screen. If I could just disable them or have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by randomguy23, Mar 3, 2016.

1. explorer.exe to cmd.exe - How do I remove minimized items?

I am going with a minimalist design. Just trying to figure out how to remove the minimized items on the screen. If I could just disable them or have them not show and alt + tab between screens.

http://postimg.org/image/fis58vytd/

:)

randomguy23, Mar 3, 2016
  2. how to do Win User

HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Mar 3, 2016
  3. Windows 10 email .exe file location

try

cmd.exe start mailto:

or

explorer.exe shell:AppsFolder\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe!microsoft.windowslive.mail

BeefRWijker, Mar 3, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

explorer.exe to cmd.exe - How do I remove minimized items?

Are you talking about the icons on the Taskbar for minimized windows? If so, set the Taskbar to auto hide.

Ztruker, Mar 4, 2016
  5. I think you may be a little confused here. I have changed out explorer.exe to cmd.exe in the registry. My computer at this point loads cmd.exe instead of explorer.exe so there is no taskbar at all.

My goal is to stay with cmd.exe and hide the minimized windows completely. I am custom building my own GUI through a custom method and see how it works as time goes on.

I am trying to figure out if I can go into the registry and hide minimized windows completely or something, but not sure where to go at this point.

randomguy23, Mar 4, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    I think you're going to have to hit Ctrl/Alt/Delete/Task Manager to kill each task and run new ones.

Edwin, Mar 4, 2016
  7. Why would I kill each task? I just want to hide the minimized window completely, but still have it running so I can just switch to it.

The goal is to just not have them show up minimized, but still be running and I would "hold alt" then click "tab" to go to the window I want bring back up.

I don't know how many people will be doing this, but figured I'd post the solution here in case someone googles this at some point. Warning: only do this if you know exactly what you're doing in the registry editor so you don't accidentally mess up something else.

1. Go to regedit (registry editor)

2. HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Control Panel > Desktop

This part may need you to create a new string value or it's already there somewhere. I created a new string value.
    3. "Right click" - New > String Value > Name it MinMaxClose

4. Click on MinMaxClose and set the value to 0 (disabled) or 1 (enabled).

Now when you minimize the program it shouldn't show at the bottom and should be hidden. This is where I use "(hold) alt + tab" to switch programs.

This issue is done and this thread can be locked if anyone sees it.

randomguy23, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

explorer.exe to cmd.exe - How do I remove minimized items?

1. explorer.exe to cmd.exe - How do I remove minimized items? - Similar Threads - explorer exe cmd

2. How Remove Startup Notice of Missing .exe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Remove Startup Notice of Missing .exe?: At each startup, I get this message that Windows11 cannot find SpeedTestLoggger.exe. This is a program I uninstalled. How do I eliminate the remnants of this program or stop Windows from reporting it? Thank you...
  3. miner virus sihost64.exe - telemetry - how do i remove it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    miner virus sihost64.exe - telemetry - how do i remove it?: i recently contacted this miner virus and i could not remove it with eset antivirus or windows defender . at the moment im running a full scan with Microsoft Safety Scanner 1.377 - and i hope it will fix it but... while the scanning is happening the virus popped up 3 or 4...
  4. miner virus sihost64.exe - telemetry - how do i remove it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    miner virus sihost64.exe - telemetry - how do i remove it?: i recently contacted this miner virus and i could not remove it with eset antivirus or windows defender . at the moment im running a full scan with Microsoft Safety Scanner 1.377 - and i hope it will fix it but... while the scanning is happening the virus popped up 3 or 4...
  5. miner virus sihost64.exe - telemetry - how do i remove it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. unable to access .CMD and .EXE files from explorer on external drives.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to access .CMD and .EXE files from explorer on external drives.: I opened up my system today only to discover that i am unable to access any of my programs i have installed on external drives. the drives themselves are being detected and by windows, and are being assigned a drive letter, but if i try and open a program from explorer, I get...
  7. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  8. X:\windows\system32\cmd. Exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    X:\windows\system32\cmd. Exe: Bonjour j'ai un problème avec mon pc (un lenovo yoga 300). À la fin d'une mise à jour, j'ai dû redémarrer mon pc et après le redémarrage je tombe sur une page qui me demande de choisir en l'option *Dépannage ou *Éteindre le pc. [IMG] J'ai donc essayé l'option dépannage:...
  9. Disallowrun and locked exe, cmd, regedit

in Windows 10 Support
    Disallowrun and locked exe, cmd, regedit: I did a very stupid thing. I tried to make windows block one application by creating registry in Policies/Explorer named RestrictRun. I did it and then I also created DisallowRun. In KEy Restrict run I added one application, but i couldnt create key for DisallowRun and...
  10. How do I Hide or Remove Items in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I Hide or Remove Items in File Explorer?: In File Explorer on the far right corner of the screen you will find a white question mark in a small blue circle. What that icon does it launches a BING browser tab that is full on Windows 10 help links. In the most recent past I thought that Bing had installed a Bing Virus...
Tags: