Windows 10: "explorer.exe Unknown Hard Error" and BSOD after Windows 11 May 2022 Updates!

Discus and support "explorer.exe Unknown Hard Error" and BSOD after Windows 11 May 2022 Updates! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After the latest May 2022 Windows 11 update, my computer starts with the "explorer.exe Unknown Hard Error". I click okay, and continue to proceed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Notional, May 14, 2022.

1. Notional Win User

"explorer.exe Unknown Hard Error" and BSOD after Windows 11 May 2022 Updates!

After the latest May 2022 Windows 11 update, my computer starts with the "explorer.exe Unknown Hard Error". I click okay, and continue to proceed. Things seem fine, until I go to play a game when the computer will give me some error stating that my "GPU has been unplugged" and I get the Blue Screen of Death and the computer restarts. I have restored my PC to earlier times, and when I do that, the 'hard error' goes away, but after about five minutes into a game, I get the BSOD and a reboot. Some of the restore points just don't work 'unsuccessful restore'. I have made sure all my drivers are

:)

Notional, May 14, 2022
  2. erpster4 Win User

Internet Explorer 11 desktop app retirement on June 15, 2022 FAQs

the IE11 June 2022 retirement date only affects certain recent Win10 versions with some exceptions

from this link mentioned by Brink in 1st post:

so it does not bother nor affect me as I run the Win10 LTSC 2019 & 2021 versions on nearly all of my PCs and I can continue to use IE even beyond the June 2022 date

erpster4, May 14, 2022
  3. GregZara Win User
    GregZara, May 14, 2022
  4. Louie Del Win User

DDE Server Window: explorer.exe - System Warning: Unknown Hard Error

Hi Samar,

The Unknown Hard Error is usually caused by corrupted or incorrectly configured system files, registry error due to a recent software change or a malware infection. Regarding this issue with the error message, we’d like to know if
    you’re getting it also with your Windows Explorer.

Also, we’d like to confirm the result after making some changes on the registry keys and if you already tried the suggested troubleshooting steps on this thread.

We hope to hear from you soon

Louie Del, May 14, 2022
Thema:

1. "explorer.exe Unknown Hard Error" and BSOD after Windows 11 May 2022 Updates! - Similar Threads - explorer exe Unknown

2. BSOD errors after the 2022-11 Cumulative Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD errors after the 2022-11 Cumulative Updates: Ever since the two 2022-11 cumulative updates ive been getting random BSOD errors almost daily. They are random. It can happen when the PC is idling doing nothing, it can happen in a game. It's happened every day except 3 days since the update installed on 11/18, after...
  3. BSOD errors after the 2022-11 Cumulative Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD errors after the 2022-11 Cumulative Updates: Ever since the two 2022-11 cumulative updates ive been getting random BSOD errors almost daily. They are random. It can happen when the PC is idling doing nothing, it can happen in a game. It's happened every day except 3 days since the update installed on 11/18, after...
  4. BSOD errors after the 2022-11 Cumulative Updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. "explorer.exe Unknown Hard Error" and BSOD after Windows 11 May 2022 Updates!

"explorer.exe Unknown Hard Error" and BSOD after Windows 11 May 2022 Updates!: After the latest May 2022 Windows 11 update, my computer starts with the "explorer.exe Unknown Hard Error". I click okay, and continue to proceed. Things seem fine, until I go to play a game when the computer will give me some error stating that my "GPU has been unplugged"...
  6. May 2022 Windows 11 update KB5013943 may break apps

in Windows 10 News
    May 2022 Windows 11 update KB5013943 may break apps: If you have installed the May 2022 cumulative update for Windows 11, you may have experienced issues with applications. Certain apps may crash, fail to open, or have other issues on affected devices. [ATTACH] Microsoft released cumulative updates for all supported versions...
  7. Cumulative updates for Windows 10 and Windows 11 - May 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cumulative updates for Windows 10 and Windows 11 - May 2022: The following release notes coincide with Cumulative updates for all the supported versions of Windows released on 05.11.2022.Windows 11Windows 11 original release: KB5013943 Build 22000.675May 10, 2022—KB5013943 OS Build 22000.675 microsoft.comHighlights Addresses security...
  8. Unknown Hard Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unknown Hard Error: Unknown Hard Error crashes cam program Tried trouble shooter no luck Tried msconfig no start up items no luck ran cam program crashed anyway with no start up items updater trouble shooter says update are there and fixed but doesn't load any...
  9. Unknown .exe?

Unknown .exe?: I was browsing my Task Manager for suspicous processes and I stumbled along one called 'WinStore.Mobile.exe'. Is this usual? I will post a Word Doc which includes screenshots. 36819
  10. Unknown Hard Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown Hard Error: Hi All, I have been trying to resolve various issues with W10 (see other posts) and have been trying to use Safe mode to rule out possible configuration abnormalities. However, on both of my test machines, I get an error dialog titled: explorer.exe - System Warning...