Windows 10: Explorer.exe use too much ram on my win10

Discus and support Explorer.exe use too much ram on my win10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; i have tried to search any information about this problem *Sad If anyone know how to fix it, pls tell me! [img] 39342 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by abdi99, Jan 31, 2016.

1. abdi99 Win User

Explorer.exe use too much ram on my win10

i have tried to search any information about this problem *Sad
    If anyone know how to fix it, pls tell me!

Explorer.exe use too much ram on my win10 [​IMG]

:)

abdi99, Jan 31, 2016

2. `System` using too much ram

So Windows 10 comes With a feature that sorts out little used files. This is a process that goes on in the background constantly and it eats up my ram. From time to time I can`t open programs and about once a day my laptop freezes and I have to restart
    it. I don`t have a good Laptop. It got 8gb of ram, but a lot of it is used in the Integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000 Graphics card. I Wonder if it is possible to stop the process. I`ve read that it helps clearing up Space, but I`ve cleared about 200gb of a
    1tb harddrive and it hasn`t helped. how do I stop it?

PhilEmanuel, Jan 31, 2016
  3. `System` using too much ram

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

We understand your concern and will certainly assist you to solve it.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and we would suggest you to follow the below methods to troubleshoot before attempting to stop any windows services:

Method 1: System Maintenance Troubleshooter.

Please try to run the system maintenance troubleshooter and check if the issue persists:

1. Go to control panel.

2. Select system and maintenance.

3. There select troubleshooting.

4. In troubleshooting, go to system and security and select
    run maintenance task.

5. Select system maintenance and follow the
    on screen instructions

If the issue persists, please opt for method 2.

Method 2: Run Microsoft safety scanner.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software. Please refer the below link to download
    and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

DISCLAIMER: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is not a replacement for using an antivirus software program that provides ongoing protection.

If the issue persists, please opt for method 3.

Method 3: Perform Disk clean up.

Please refer to the below link to run a Disk clean up and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Please let us know if the issue got fixed or you need any further assistance.

Amarjeet_Paul, Jan 31, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

General Rules:

2) No useless posts, e.g., thread bumping, useless one liners, junk posting to increase post count, and identical multi-postings in different forums.

Hello, I was just looking at this. Your title is about RAM, your problem is both that and particularly CPU use.

I would suggest at 2Gb you have far too little RAM and your PC will spend much of its life swapping data back and forth between page file and RAM.

Notice the high disk use by 'system and compressed memory'.

dalchina, Jan 31, 2016
  5. Hydranix Win User
    Explorer.exe isn't using too much memory, your browser is. Don't open too many tabs, your computer cannot handle it.

Hydranix, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Explorer.exe use too much ram on my win10 - Similar Threads - Explorer exe too

2. my laptops os is using too much ram

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my laptops os is using too much ram: i have an asus strix g15 16gb ram rtx 2060 and an i7 10750h and the system os is uasing waaaay to much ram while i have nothing open at all i thought that mayb is just the laptops model so one day my firend got the same laptop model and hes using wayyy les ram than me when...
  3. fontdrvhost.exe is using too much of my RAM!!! Help!!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    fontdrvhost.exe is using too much of my RAM!!! Help!!!!: Hi Microsoft Community,I am using Windows 10 Pro version 2004 and I find out that Usermode Font Driver Host fontdrvhost.exe is using too much of my RAM. My OS is running slowly now.Can I disable it?? Or can I remove it without breaking my OS????Looking forward for answers...
  4. fontdrvhost.exe is using too much of my RAM!!! Help!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fontdrvhost.exe is using too much of my RAM!!! Help!!!!: Hi Microsoft Community,I am using Windows 10 Pro version 2004 and I find out that Usermode Font Driver Host fontdrvhost.exe is using too much of my RAM. My OS is running slowly now.Can I disable it?? Or can I remove it without breaking my OS????Looking forward for answers...
  5. dwm exe taking too much ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dwm exe taking too much ram: so, ive had this problem few weeks ago, and it annoys me because i had to restart almost everyday. hope someone could help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dwm-exe-taking-too-much-ram/e8a7fb6d-a9c2-4c4a-b2e4-c6a4376104bf
  6. dwm using too much RAM

in Windows 10 Customization
    dwm using too much RAM: My dwm.exe is using more than 1.5 gigs of my RAM at times when I have 3 windows open. I7-9750H 8GB 2666mhz RAM in single channel How can I decrease it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dwm-using-too-much-ram/15cc45dd-0b8d-46a1-bad5-fd966aa635d0
  7. Too much RAM?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Too much RAM?: Hi, I have a question, it goes like this: My Acer A3 Notebook with Ryzen 5 3500U+8GB RAM+Radeon Vega Graphics, is using 70 % ram but almost no cpu up to 20% when I listen to Roon+ProtonVPN on+Browsing with Chrome. I have many programs installed but not that many I would...
  8. Too much RAM?

in Windows 10 Support
    Too much RAM?: Hi, I have a question, it goes like this: My Acer A3 Notebook with Ryzen 5 3500U+8GB RAM+Radeon Vega Graphics, is using 70 % ram but almost no cpu up to 20% when I listen to Roon+ProtonVPN on+Browsing with Chrome. I have many programs installed but not that many I would...
  9. Memory uses too much RAM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory uses too much RAM?: Howdy, I still have the problem that my memory is used 85% of the time even though I don't have anything on. I was using Process Explorer and lo and behold, my system and the registry are using way too much RAM! How can I eliminate this problem? With kind regards...
  10. windows using too much ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows using too much ram: I have a desktop pc with this configuration: -CPU: i7-5820K -GPU: GTX-980 -RAM: 48GB after 2~3 day using the pc the Ram usage is at 80% what is absolutly not normal....
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explorer exe how much ram