Windows 10: Explorer.exe uses a lot of CPU on Terminal server 2019

Discus and support Explorer.exe uses a lot of CPU on Terminal server 2019 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was facing some trouble with CPU load on our test server, which is under winodws server 2019.We use this server to test the devices that our company... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cabu Rabe, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Cabu Rabe Win User

Explorer.exe uses a lot of CPU on Terminal server 2019

I was facing some trouble with CPU load on our test server, which is under winodws server 2019.We use this server to test the devices that our company develops.And after research I found that it's related to a lot of usb drives/devices about 15 connected to this server.During the test process every device can be reset many times and quite frequently.All these devices are mounted to C:\MNT This was made to hide devices on 'My Computer' home screen, but still be able to work with it's internal&

:)

Cabu Rabe, Dec 1, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Dec 1, 2022
  3. Internet Explorer uses a lot of RAM

Hi,

Thank you for the update and I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and also check whether multiple Internet explorer process are running at the same time.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del
    • Open Task manager.
    • Click on Detail Tab.
    • You will see Internet Explorer.
    • Right Click and End Task.
    • Restart the computer.
    Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 1, 2022
  4. MicroZo Win User

Internet Explorer uses a lot of RAM

There is no MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe file in the details list.

MicroZo, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

1. Explorer.exe uses a lot of CPU on Terminal server 2019 - Similar Threads - Explorer exe uses

2. High CPU - 100% Usage Windows server 2019.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High CPU - 100% Usage Windows server 2019.: Dear Team,This server is used in a client based environment, where there are 25 client workstation. The server software on which the majority of the work is processed is SQL based. Following are the server configuration:OS: Windows Server 2019Ram: 16 GB DDR4Storage: 2 TB...
  3. High CPU - 100% Usage Windows server 2019.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High CPU - 100% Usage Windows server 2019.: Dear Team,This server is used in a client based environment, where there are 25 client workstation. The server software on which the majority of the work is processed is SQL based. Following are the server configuration:OS: Windows Server 2019Ram: 16 GB DDR4Storage: 2 TB...
  4. Explorer.exe uses a lot of CPU on Terminal server 2019

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer.exe uses a lot of CPU on Terminal server 2019: I was facing some trouble with CPU load on our test server, which is under winodws server 2019.We use this server to test the devices that our company develops.And after research I found that it's related to a lot of usb drives/devices about 15 connected to this server.During...
  5. Using Yubikey inside RDP Session Terminal Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Yubikey inside RDP Session Terminal Server: Hello, I am currently validating Yubikey Security Keys for my business. The use case is logging in to Salesforce with MFA, but only after connecting to a Terminal Server from a Thin Client via RDP - meaning the SF-user is working on the TS, not on the local machine.I have...
  6. Windows Defender Smartscreen Using Lots of CPU

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Smartscreen Using Lots of CPU: Anytime I open Task Manager, the leading item is always Windows Defender Smartscreen using between 30 and 40 % CPU. Is that typical, or do I have some sort of conflict going on? If the latter, how to resolve it? Thanks....
  7. Service host : Server using lots of CPU and RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service host : Server using lots of CPU and RAM: Hi, Today I found out that the RAM and CPU of my laptop are being overutilized. Service host is using a lot of resources. Steps followed till now: 1 Ran DISM restore health. 2 Disabled some startup programs and updated drivers. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. [ATTACH]...
  8. The `System` process uses a lot of CPU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The `System` process uses a lot of CPU: Good day, friends. I formatted my computer yesterday evening and cleaned the fans of the PC this morning. After I finished cleaning, I opened pc normally and started installing the Drivers. I also updated my graphics card from GeForce Experience. But after a while, I opened...
  9. Windows Defender SmartScreen using a lot of CPU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender SmartScreen using a lot of CPU: This is not normal. The Windows Defender SmartScreen is using right 27% of the CPU capacity. How can i solve this? submitted by /u/versattes [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/en9h1w/windows_defender_smartscreen_using_a_lot_of_cpu/
  10. WMI Provider Host using lots of CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WMI Provider Host using lots of CPU: Hi, I am using a less than 2 month old Lenovo V110 laptop that is running an AMD A9-9410 Radeon R5 processor, and I have been having problems with a loud fan, and overheating. I checked the task manager, and found out that the WMI Provider Host is using large amounts of CPU...