Windows 10: Explorer.exe

Discus and support Explorer.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Each time i try to open a program, app, shortcut, etc on the desktop, it hangs . The error response is “not responding”. Any ideas as to “why” and how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lakegal110, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Explorer.exe

Each time i try to open a program, app, shortcut, etc on the desktop, it hangs . The error response is “not responding”. Any ideas as to “why” and how to fix this?

:)

Lakegal110, Feb 23, 2020
  2. kd833 Win User

Explorer: not responding when opening folder with exe file

I have a folder full of *.exe files. When I navigate to the folder to read its content (files listed in "tile" mode), Explorer hangs for a minute or two displaying in the title bar "not responding". Eventually, the files are displayed but it is a bit of a pain. I modified Explorer's view options to not display thumbnails or icons of the files. But that had no effect. Is it that Explorer is attempting to read the content of these exe files to display the embedded images regardless of how I configure Explorer to operate? Is there anything that can be done to make Explorer display these files faster?

kd833, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Internet Explorer won't start

Since it's not allowing you to open the settings of the Internet Explorer itself, we suggest that you type inetcpl.cpl on
    the search box to open the Internet Properties and follow the steps provided on the link that we have on our previous post.

Note: In doing this you can now skip step 1 under Reset Internet Explorer settings.

If the issue persists, we recommend that you uninstall and reinstall the Internet Explorer.
    To do this, follow the steps below:

To uninstall the Internet Explorer, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button, type
      Programs and Features in the search box, and then select
      View installed updates.

• Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the
      Microsoft Windows section.

• Right-click Internet Explorer 11, click Uninstall and then click
      Yes.

• Click one of the following:
    • Restart now (to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer 11 and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer)

• Restart later

To download and reinstall Internet Explorer, follow the steps below:

• Check the System Type that you need to install by pressing
      Windows key + Pause key.
    • Check the System type under System (Ex: 64-bit Operating system, x64-based processor).

• Download Internet Explorer 11 (Offline Installer) on this
      link.

• Choose your preferred language and Service Pack (Ex: Windows 7 SP1 64-bit).

• Follow the on-screen prompt.

• Once done, check if the issues persists.

Note: The installer that you can download on this link also applies in Windows 10.

We'll wait for your update with the result.

Zedrick Del, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Explorer.exe

Windows 10 Search doesn't include any *.EXE files

Hi,

The .exe files in Windows 10 are classified as "applications" that's why the returned search results are not showing them as .exe files. You need to change the view settings of
    File Explorer for you to be able to view them as .exe files. To do so, kindly follow these steps:

• Type file explorer on the search bar.
    • Click on File Explorer.
    • Click on View.
    • Click on Options.
    • Click on Change folder and search options.
    • Click on View.
    • Under Advanced settings, uncheck Hide extensions for known file types.
    • Click on OK.

Let us know if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

Explorer.exe

1. Explorer.exe - Similar Threads - Explorer exe

2. So today I turned on my pc and I'm getting explorer. exe application error in a box the box...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So today I turned on my pc and I'm getting explorer. exe application error in a box the box...: So today I turned on my pc and I'm getting explorer. exe application error in a box the box says 0x00007FF84830ACA referenced memory at 0x000000000000024. The memory could not be written. I have a band new fresh install of windows olfrom a usb media tool, I have rum all the...
  3. So today I turned on my pc and I'm getting explorer. exe application error in a box the box...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So today I turned on my pc and I'm getting explorer. exe application error in a box the box...: So today I turned on my pc and I'm getting explorer. exe application error in a box the box says 0x00007FF84830ACA referenced memory at 0x000000000000024. The memory could not be written. I have a band new fresh install of windows olfrom a usb media tool, I have rum all the...
  4. File explorer keeps freezing every time I run an .exe File

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer keeps freezing every time I run an .exe File: for some reason every time I try and install an exe like DiscordSetup.exe or any other exe. My file explorer will freeze for ever and I cant exit out of it and it opens windows dialog and I cant close that either and then later on it will open up the exe in like 5-10 minutes...
  5. File explorer keeps freezing every time I run an .exe File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer keeps freezing every time I run an .exe File: for some reason every time I try and install an exe like DiscordSetup.exe or any other exe. My file explorer will freeze for ever and I cant exit out of it and it opens windows dialog and I cant close that either and then later on it will open up the exe in like 5-10 minutes...
  6. File explorer keeps freezing every time I run an .exe File

7. after the latest update dated 6 oct 2023 , explore,exe showing error of class not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after the latest update dated 6 oct 2023 , explore,exe showing error of class not...: after the latest update dated 6 oct 2023 , explore,exe showing error of class not registered and tool bar is not working , start menu is not working so settings is not opening...
  8. after the latest update dated 6 oct 2023 , explore,exe showing error of class not...

after the latest update dated 6 oct 2023 , explore,exe showing error of class not...: after the latest update dated 6 oct 2023 , explore,exe showing error of class not registered and tool bar is not working , start menu is not working so settings is not opening...
  9. after the latest update dated 6 oct 2023 , explore,exe showing error of class not...

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Windows 11 program/exe icons not displaying correctly in Task Bar, Windows Explorer

Windows 11 program/exe icons not displaying correctly in Task Bar, Windows Explorer: I recently about a week ago installed Windows 11 on a new SSD. After a few days several of my program icons stopped showing up replaced by generic image. See this image:I have tried the normal steps, like running DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, sfc /scannow,...