Windows 10: Explorer.EXE

Discus and support Explorer.EXE in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good Morning For the last month or so when booting up my PC. I keep on getting an error (see attached picture). I need to click OK very time to boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KevinUK, Jul 8, 2018.

1. KevinUK Win User

Explorer.EXE

Good Morning

For the last month or so when booting up my PC. I keep on getting an error (see attached picture). I need to click OK very time to boot up Windows 10 Pro (version 1803, build 17134.137). Does anyone know what is causing this and how to remedy.

Thanks

Kevin

:)

KevinUK, Jul 8, 2018
  2. kd833 Win User

Explorer: not responding when opening folder with exe file

I have a folder full of *.exe files. When I navigate to the folder to read its content (files listed in "tile" mode), Explorer hangs for a minute or two displaying in the title bar "not responding". Eventually, the files are displayed but it is a bit of a pain. I modified Explorer's view options to not display thumbnails or icons of the files. But that had no effect. Is it that Explorer is attempting to read the content of these exe files to display the embedded images regardless of how I configure Explorer to operate? Is there anything that can be done to make Explorer display these files faster?

kd833, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Search doesn't include any *.EXE files

Hi,

The .exe files in Windows 10 are classified as "applications" that's why the returned search results are not showing them as .exe files. You need to change the view settings of
    File Explorer for you to be able to view them as .exe files. To do so, kindly follow these steps:

• Type file explorer on the search bar.
    • Click on File Explorer.
    • Click on View.
    • Click on Options.
    • Click on Change folder and search options.
    • Click on View.
    • Under Advanced settings, uncheck Hide extensions for known file types.
    • Click on OK.

Let us know if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Jul 8, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Explorer.EXE

How can I remove this virus remnant?

I was also going to suggest Autoruns.

Check to make sure it isn't attaching itself to explorer. It should be the 3rd thing listed in Autoruns, the listing for the Shell. It should just be Explorer.exe. If it is anything else, that might be your problem.

newtekie1, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Explorer.EXE

1. Explorer.EXE - Similar Threads - Explorer EXE

2. File Explorer crashing with using windows display scaling.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer crashing with using windows display scaling.: Am at Windows 10 V 1803 OS Build 17134.648. I have a 4k monitor and just installed an AMD graphics card. Worked with AMD to resolve but I figured out is cause by scaling. If I don't enable any scaling I don't have the problem but the icons and text is verrrry small on my...
  3. File explorer sort all folders/directories the same

File explorer sort all folders/directories the same: All i want to do is to sort all directories across windows 10 the same as a directory I have already sorted the way I want all of them to look like. In other words i have manually sorted a directory the way i want all of them across my computer to look like. Seems like I've...
  4. Increase Line spacing between details text in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Increase Line spacing between details text in file explorer: My eyes aren't good, so, I increased the icon size in advanced display settings under display settings- Advanced sizing of text and other items. While that did increase the font size to make it easier for me to see, it also crowded the lines substantially seemingly...
  5. File Explores is super slow when searching the entire One drive file!

File Explores is super slow when searching the entire One drive file!: When I run a File Explorer search on my entire OneDrive file it finds files very slowly (several minutes at least, with a 'Working on it...' message displayed), when previously it was almost instantaneous. However, Search functions correctly (instantaneously) when I run them...
  6. file explorer keeps crashing

file explorer keeps crashing: file explorer crash after I view / open a few pdf files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-keeps-crashing/57881f9a-8da6-4f94-97e7-2ff887c6ed66"
  7. Windows Explorer and all 3rd party apps unable to send files by email.

Windows Explorer and all 3rd party apps unable to send files by email.: "either there is no default email app or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request" No problem sending from Outlook or any other Office app. Windows escalation tech thought some Win 10 files were missing, but then dropped out because tech ran out of...
  8. Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.

Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.: Hi, I've been having this issue since yesterday. When I try to open the context menu for an executable to, let´s say, launch it as administrator, the cursor appears as loading and the context menu won't appear. I can right-click folders and images, my problem seems to be only...
  9. File Explorer, very slow to load .exe files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer, very slow to load .exe files: Hi All, When I double click on an .exe file to install a program, in Windows File Explorer, it takes over a minute to start the installation process. When I use Total Commander to do the same thing, it installs straight away. I've also tried it after disabling my Norton AV...
  10. Explorer: not responding when opening folder with exe file

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer: not responding when opening folder with exe file: I have a folder full of *.exe files. When I navigate to the folder to read its content (files listed in "tile" mode), Explorer hangs for a minute or two displaying in the title bar "not responding". Eventually, the files are displayed but it is a bit of a pain. I modified...