Windows 10: Explorer file setting preferences

Discus and support Explorer file setting preferences in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am not sure if I know the correct nomenclature to describe my likely minor annoying issue with my computer. I'd like to "fix" my preferences across... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 10fused, Feb 14, 2019.

1. 10fused Win User

Explorer file setting preferences

I am not sure if I know the correct nomenclature to describe my likely minor annoying issue with my computer.

I'd like to "fix" my preferences across the board to show file name, type, size, length etc as opposed to the annoying native preferential settings if provides as if I use this Win10 Pro OS to collect and file nothing but I-tunes and videos.

It gets tiresome on a folder by folder option to have to manually and tediously fix these preferences bewildered each and every time the system simply doesn't know what I want and seems bent on trying to sell me on me wanting what it persistently provides.

I'd almost swear some times it has ignored the preferences for specific folders I've set or fixed although it is much more likely 'all them folders look alike to me' and I probably need to get more creative with my remedial file naming convention skills.

I hope that doesn't sound non-politically correct and offend anyone. ;-)

:)

10fused, Feb 14, 2019

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 14, 2019
  3. File Explorer default veiw setting Win 10 Pro

Hi Bob,

You can change the default settings of your File Explorer view. If you would like to sort it by Date, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Go to Start, type File Explorer.
    • Select View located at the top of the address bar.
    • Locate Sort by.
    • Select Date.
    • Choose between Ascending and Descending.
    • Close the File Explorer and check back if the changes applied.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Ronalene Mat, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Explorer file setting preferences

Win10: set 'view' default in file explorer

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

As I understand that you are trying to set file explorer as default. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to set file explorer as default and check if it helps.

1. In the search box type as “settings”.

2. Go to “system” and click on “default apps”.

3.Then click on “set default apps by”.

4. Select “File Explorer from the list” and click on “choose defaults for this program”.

5. Then check the box “select all” and click on “save.

6. Then click on “ok”.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Explorer file setting preferences

1. Explorer file setting preferences - Similar Threads - Explorer file setting

2. Recording Preferences setting not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recording Preferences setting not available: I was playing while recording and saving clips even until yesterday. Today, I tried to record a clip and it just didn't work. When I opened Game Bar, all the recording features were greyed out. When I went to gaming settings to enable captures, there were no settings under...
  3. Recording Preferences Setting not showing

Recording Preferences Setting not showing: In Gaming > Captures the setting "Recording Preferences" does not show and displays a grey bar instead. It was working a fine few days ago. How can I fix this problem? I've restarted the laptop several times but nothing changed....
  4. set global preferred gpu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    set global preferred gpu: Hi, I know it's possible to set preferred GPU app by app, but can I set one globally? My intention is to set iGPU as default and I'll just add "exception" apps that should run dGPU to save battery life. I've already set default gpu to igpu in nvidia control panel, but it...
  5. settings & file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    settings & file explorer: settings, file explorer and a couple of others don't open to the desktop and remains minimised in toolbar so how do I bring them to the screen even after windows update and restarting didn't help. I can see them in a small box window and they seem to be opened but only in a...
  6. settings & file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    settings & file explorer: settings, file explorer and a couple of others don't open to the desktop and remains minimised in toolbar so how do I bring them to the screen even after windows update and restarting didn't help. I can see them in a small box window and they seem to be opened but only in a...
  7. settings & file explorer

8. Set WiFi Preference Order

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Set WiFi Preference Order: Hello, Back in the day Windows 7 had a nice option to set a priority order for WiFi networks and I could just rearrange that in GUI. Windows 10 misses that option. There is still a preference order but it cannot be altered in GUI it seems. Do you know a way? If not, can...
  9. File Explorer Setting

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Setting: Hi Folks, I am trying to get File Explorer in Win10 to look more like Win7. How do I remove these seemingly un needed 7 Folders as in my image. - [img] 164289
  10. setting language preferences

in Windows 10 Customization
    setting language preferences: I would like to change from the Spanish language to the English language in Windows, including the language that is displayed in File Explorer. Any suggestions would be appreciated!` "Editar opciones de idioma y teclado" leads to the window below. It shows English, as I...