Windows 10: Explorer freezes when copying files to shared folder on 2019 DC

Discus and support Explorer freezes when copying files to shared folder on 2019 DC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a weird issue where i can't copy files or folders to shared folders on our Windows Server 2019 DC from my Windows 10 1903 workstation. When i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lars Nilsen, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Explorer freezes when copying files to shared folder on 2019 DC

I have a weird issue where i can't copy files or folders to shared folders on our Windows Server 2019 DC from my Windows 10 1903 workstation.

When i try to copy files or folders into the shared folder on the 2019 DC it just hangs until i get a message about missing network connection to the shared folder.

I have also noticed that File Explorer takes some time to show the drives on the DC while the copying job is active

However, when i copy something from our other servers (2008r2 and 2012r2) to the 2019 DC there is no problem at all. Also when i copy from the W10 workstation to the other servers there are no issues...

I have tried making new test-shares with full read/write access for everyone and also for my user specifically.

I also tried making a shared folder directly on the Hyper-V host and i get the same problem.

The 2019 DC is a VM in Hyper-V with failover cluster.

The physical machine is a Lenovo SR530 with Server 2019.

Seems to me that something is up with the communication when it comes to W10 and Server 2019...

I wasn't able to choose Server 2019 under Windows version when posting this question so i put it under Windows 10

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

Lars Nilsen, Oct 10, 2019
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Explorer freezes when copying files to shared folder on 2019 DC

Searching folders freezes file explorer

Suggestions? WHen i try looking in folders, file explorer freezes

brettbonner, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Explorer freezes when copying files to shared folder on 2019 DC

1. Explorer freezes when copying files to shared folder on 2019 DC - Similar Threads - Explorer freezes copying

2. Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.: I am trying to clean up my computer and whenever I try to copy or move any elements from one directory to another it suddenly gets stuck after a couple of files or even at the very beginning. Just like so:This makes me unable to organize any of my folders on my computer. I...
  3. Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.: I am trying to clean up my computer and whenever I try to copy or move any elements from one directory to another it suddenly gets stuck after a couple of files or even at the very beginning. Just like so:This makes me unable to organize any of my folders on my computer. I...
  4. Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Explorer Freezes up when copying a file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer Freezes up when copying a file: Whenever I try to copy a file over from an SSD to my Hard Drive, File Explorer freezes up and restarts. The link to this video is https://streamable.com/o88gmm submitted by /u/DuxOfTech [link] [comments]...
  6. Shared Folders & Files - Cannot Copy & Paste

Shared Folders & Files - Cannot Copy & Paste: Using File Explorer, after copying a folder or file on a P/C or Laptop it cannot be pasted to a top level shared folder on another P/C or Laptop on the Network. When attempting to past to a top level folder on the second machine there is no 'Paste' option displayed. It is...
  7. File Sharing - Problem Copying Files With File Explorer

File Sharing - Problem Copying Files With File Explorer: With Win7 support gone, I finally got 2 Win10 x64 Pro v1909 machines up and running. Like so many other Win10 users, I have struggled to get network sharing to work. I have Googled, read and followed countless procedures and suggestions over the past few weeks, ad nauseam....
  8. File Explorer Closes Randomly when In a Shared Folder

File Explorer Closes Randomly when In a Shared Folder: I am trying to troubleshoot an issue for my dad's work computer (Windows 10 Pro), and his IT guys have been no help. Basically, a few times a day, when he has File Explorer open and is viewing a shared network drive, File Explorer will close by itself. I've discovered that a...
  9. File Explorer freezes when creating new folders

File Explorer freezes when creating new folders: Hi, My problem is exactly as the title says. Every time I try to create a new folder, File Explorer freezes and then crashes after about a minute or two. I really wanna fix this as I am a student and need folders to organize my files but I don't really know how to proceed...
  10. Sometimes File Explorer Freezes When Renaming A Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Sometimes File Explorer Freezes When Renaming A Folder: Hello, I noticed on very rare occasions (only on one hard drive) that when I create a new folder, give it a name and press enter, File Explorer freezes for about 30-40 seconds until it creates that name for the folder. I've tried to rename that same exact folder right after...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows server share drive file copy freezes

2. windows 10 freezes when copying lots of files