Windows 10: explorer going slow on reading a file

Discus and support explorer going slow on reading a file in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; when i open a video file on my explorer, the green light that scans it is loading on the explorer goes slow when it comes near the end of reading the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Teknosfinest, Mar 29, 2021.

1. explorer going slow on reading a file

when i open a video file on my explorer, the green light that scans it is loading on the explorer goes slow when it comes near the end of reading the video file, the video file runs fine and plays, but it is just when the explorer is trying to read that certain file when it lights up green for scanning goes slow

:)

Teknosfinest, Mar 29, 2021

2. file explorer and reading list on windows 10

Hi Colinus,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you faced. We certainly help you with this issue. I want to inform you it is temporary issue it will short out immediately there is no need to go back in previous operating system.
    I need more information about this issue so that I can assist you better.

1. Are you referring to reading list app?

If you are using reading list app so I would suggest you to run windows app troubleshooter to fix issue.

Follow the below steps.

• Go to control panel and select troubleshooting then in top left corner of your screen select view all.

• Click on windows store app and click on it and run it.
    I want to inform you. You can sort, group, and arrange items in a folder or library view by an added column (detail) in ascending or descending order in windows 10 file explorer.

for more information follow the link:

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Note: It is also applicable for windows 10 as well.

Try these steps and let us know the status of the issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Mar 29, 2021
  3. razghost Win User
    File explorer slow/Never loading solution

Ok so since upgrading from 7 to 10 file explorer has been a absolute nightmare! Everything was either incredibly slow, didn't happen or only partially load. After enduring this to this day I have decided enough is enough and started diagnosing by limiting the startup services using MSconfig.

After going through enabling startup services groups at the time and restarting the computer everytime! Eventually I found the service that was causing the problems with file explorer. The service is called Windows search and once disabled it restored functionality to file explorer. The search function in file explorer works but the search in the taskbar doesn't.

Step by step guide:
    1. Hold Win+r to open run
    2. Type msconfig and hit ok or enter
    3. Click Services
    4. Navigate to Windows search (you can sort the list in descending alphabetical order)
    5. Uncheck tickbox
    6. Click apply then ok
    7. Select to restart now

Hope this works for you.

razghost, Mar 29, 2021
  4. explorer going slow on reading a file

Windows 10 file explorer very slow (working on it...) issue

This seemed to help. Time will tell. It certainly is more helpful and practical than the suggestion to end toe Explorer task and start a new one.

SamMcSpadden, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

explorer going slow on reading a file

1. explorer going slow on reading a file - Similar Threads - explorer going slow

2. Slow folders in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow folders in File Explorer: I am running a desktop with Win 11i9 Processor64 Gb Memory1TB SSD Primary Drive2 TB SSD Secondary DriveI have audio files WAV, MP3 etc stored on the secondary drive in 2 unique folders. When I access these folders it is taking as much as 8 seconds to deliver a listing of...
  3. File Explorer loading slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer loading slow: I am using i5 12th gen laptop. From few days my laptop file explorer is loading slowly showing green color bar. 270 GB free space available in my C drive and 100GB free space available in my D drive. I don't know what happened. Please help me to solve this....
  4. Slow File Sorting in Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow File Sorting in Explorer: I have a folder with about 3200 files, each file is about 60mb. I want it to sort by date/time. It is on an NVME drive, but the sort is taking 5+ minutes.....anything I can do to speed it up?...
  5. file explorer loading slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file explorer loading slow: whenever i wanna open up a file on my pc the file takes a long time to open I've checked for viruses and memory leaks i cant figure out what is cause it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-loading-slow/82a7795c-5021-494a-8798-c24ac7d4c4a4
  6. file explorer loading slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer loading slow: whenever i wanna open up a file on my pc the file takes a long time to open I've checked for viruses and memory leaks i cant figure out what is cause it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-loading-slow/82a7795c-5021-494a-8798-c24ac7d4c4a4
  7. File Explorer Extremely Slow!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Extremely Slow!: Hello, From 13th November, my laptop has become slower in the case of file explorer. I have even attached an image: I think that this might be because of the Update I made that day. It was working just normal on the 12th, I remember. And, there is a video in my Downloads...
  8. File Explorer Extremely Slow!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Extremely Slow!: Hello, From 13th November, my laptop has become slower in the case of file explorer. I have even attached an image: I think that this might be because of the Update I made that day. It was working just normal on the 12th, I remember. And, there is a video in my Downloads...
  9. File explorer slow and not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer slow and not working: Hi, When I go on to file explorer it loads up fine, however none of the files and documents and such have icons, its just the blank page icon as if the file explorer doesnt know what kind of file it is. Then i close file explorer abd open it again and it doesnt show...
  10. File Explorer slow to appear

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer slow to appear: i'm running build 17763.437 but i believe this problem i've seen in earlier builds too. sometimes File Explorer appears not to open when i click on the app's icon that i have pinned to the start pg. but it does open if i then just click on the start button in the bottom left...