Windows 10: Explorer hangs when opening OneDrive folder

Discus and support Explorer hangs when opening OneDrive folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Explorer hangs when opening OneDrive folder. If I start Windows (10) in safe mode then it will open the Onedrive folder fine, but fails to open the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by G-Bro, Nov 17, 2018.

1. G-Bro Win User

Explorer hangs when opening OneDrive folder

Explorer hangs when opening OneDrive folder. If I start Windows (10) in safe mode then it will open the Onedrive folder fine, but fails to open the file successfully, the associated app will open but fail to load the file.

I have done all of the basics such as sfc, dism and checked the event logs but all to no avail.

Any ideas?

:)

G-Bro, Nov 17, 2018
  2. Kreij Win User

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, Nov 17, 2018
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Jacko28 Win User

Opening a Folder in VC++

I've recently started learning VC++ and it's coming along quite nicley, I've now been given a little task by my boss to add a button to an excisting Incident report program.

All the button needs to do is open a new explorer window and open the folder selected in the incident report program. There isn't a deadline for it, it's just to assist in my learning.

I'm not asking for anyone to do it for me, i just need a few suggestions on how to do this so i'm looking in the correct direction?

Thanks

Jacko28, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Explorer hangs when opening OneDrive folder - Similar Threads - Explorer hangs opening

2. Cannot open folders or files in Onedrive using Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open folders or files in Onedrive using Explorer: This problem has been floating around the forum a bit but I never saw a resolution. When I try to open any files or folders in OneDrive using Explorer, it just sits and the blue circle pointer spins for a minute or two its painfully long then stops spinning ultimately and...
  3. OneDrive folders will not open in File Explorer

OneDrive folders will not open in File Explorer: OneDrive folders (e.g. Documents, Pictures, etc.) will not open using File Explorer. File Explorer hangs. Folders and files using OneDrive app and OneDrive online work correctly. OneDrive folders do open correctly using a non-Microsoft file manager (TreeSize Personal)....
  4. File Explorer hangs when opening OneDrive folder if Preview is on and Word document is selected

File Explorer hangs when opening OneDrive folder if Preview is on and Word document is selected: File Explorer hangs when selecting Word doc in OneDrive folder if Preview is on. It doesn't hang with any other file type that I've tried, including Excel or PDF. I've disconnected and re-connected several times and disabled Quick access. Using Windows 10 Pro....
  5. Windows explorer hangs when trying to create a new folder

Windows explorer hangs when trying to create a new folder: Every time I try to create a new folder in windows explorer it hangs, then doesn't respond, then goes back to the explorer screen without the folder being made (total time around 1 min). I've tried the system check and a clean boot with no success. Its really annoying when...
  6. Windows explorer hangs when opening any Office files

Windows explorer hangs when opening any Office files: I am using a Surface Tablet 6 with windows 10. When I try to open a Word, Excel, Powerpoint by double clicking on the file, Windows Explorer just hangs with the spinning wheel. I can open the files if i do it from the application. The files have been tested from onedrive...
  7. Explorer hangs when trying to open share

Explorer hangs when trying to open share: I am trying to access a share on my desktop computer from my laptop. I can connect to the share and the share appears on the left hand side in Explorer, but Explorer hangs a lot when I try to get into the share or do other operations such as changing a folder name. Sometimes...
  8. Documents folder in Windows Explorer opens to Docs folder on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents folder in Windows Explorer opens to Docs folder on OneDrive: When I open Windows Explorer, in the left pane below "This PC", the Documents folder opens the Docs folder on OneDrive (just noticed my Pictures folder is mapped to OneDrive as well). Downloads, Music, and Videos do not...they open their respective folders in my user...
  9. Folder operations causing explorer to hang

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Folder operations causing explorer to hang: In the last week, for one user only, folder operations, ie, create a folder, rename, or delete, take up to 30 seconds to complete. It is the same for all disk drives. I don't see anything in the event logs, but Reliability Monitor Report shows that Explorer stopped responding...
  10. Explorer not responding/hanging when dragging video files into folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer not responding/hanging when dragging video files into folders: IIRC this is an old bug but I can't remember what the solution is, basically I download a bunch of video files (TS or MKV primarily) and then drag them into a folder where I have a muxing bat file, for some reason explorer is hanging/not responding on certain files since...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer hang onedrive

2. onedrive keeps freezing explorer

3. PC hangs when with OneDrive

4. windows explorer hangs in onedrive,
  5. onedrive makws folders hangs,
  6. one drive hangs windows explorer,
  7. as soon as onedrive folder in explorer is clicked onedrive hangs for ages,
  8. onedrive freezes opening folder,
  9. one drive in file explorer windows 10 says not responding,
  10. onedrive hangs on loading,
  11. one drive file explorer freezes,