Windows 10: Explorer hangs when opening OneDrive folder

Discus and support Explorer hangs when opening OneDrive folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Explorer hangs when opening OneDrive folder. If I start Windows (10) in safe mode then it will open the Onedrive folder fine, but fails to open the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by G-Bro, Nov 17, 2018.

1. G-Bro Win User

Explorer hangs when opening OneDrive folder

Explorer hangs when opening OneDrive folder. If I start Windows (10) in safe mode then it will open the Onedrive folder fine, but fails to open the file successfully, the associated app will open but fail to load the file.

I have done all of the basics such as sfc, dism and checked the event logs but all to no avail.

Any ideas?

:)

G-Bro, Nov 17, 2018
  2. Kreij Win User

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, Nov 17, 2018
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Jacko28 Win User

Opening a Folder in VC++

I've recently started learning VC++ and it's coming along quite nicley, I've now been given a little task by my boss to add a button to an excisting Incident report program.

All the button needs to do is open a new explorer window and open the folder selected in the incident report program. There isn't a deadline for it, it's just to assist in my learning.

I'm not asking for anyone to do it for me, i just need a few suggestions on how to do this so i'm looking in the correct direction?

Thanks

Jacko28, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Explorer hangs when opening OneDrive folder - Similar Threads - Explorer hangs opening

2. File Explorer hangs and loads files one by one when open folder

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer hangs and loads files one by one when open folder: When I open certain folders on my Windows 10 PC, Explorer freezes up and I have to wait for the folder contents to individually "load" before it unfreezes. I recorded this video of the issue: The first time I encountered this glitch was a few weeks ago, immediately after I...
  3. File Explorer hangs and loads files one by one when open folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer hangs and loads files one by one when open folder: NOTE TO MICROSOFT EMPLOYEES AND INDEPENDENT ADVISORS: I kindly request that you don't reply with a generic copy/pasted wall of text until you've read this entire first post. No disrespect, I just don't want to waste anyone's time with suggestions that I've already tried or...
  4. Windows Explorer Hangs When Attempting To Open The Downloads Folder In Quick Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer Hangs When Attempting To Open The Downloads Folder In Quick Access: Windows 10, Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042Today, File Explorer hangs when I attempt access the Downloads folder listed under Quick Access. I just receive a spinning hourglass. It worked flawlessly until today. It still works with any other folders even others in Quick Access....
  5. Pc hanging when opening a 10gb+ folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc hanging when opening a 10gb+ folder: Last year I moved many photos I have taken from my phone to my pc as it's more than 10gb. My PC was able to load the folder that time, there was no problem at all.. Now I can't open it. Whenever I try to open my RAM usage peaks to 99. I cleared all my games and there is...
  6. File Explorer keeps hanging when it opens

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer keeps hanging when it opens: File Explorer keeps hanging when launching or when resizing the window. Some times it will un-hang by itself after a while if left alone, otherwise it will crash. I had an issue where Windows applications such as Task Manager or Settings where taking too long to launch from...
  7. Explorer hangs when opening a zip file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer hangs when opening a zip file: It typically remains unresponsive for 5-10 seconds until it finally display the contents of the zip file. Extracting files is also relatively slow. This is on a i7-U6500 with 16 GB LPDDR3 laptop, so that should not be the problem. I have no add-ons or extensions to Explorer...
  8. OneDrive folders will not open in File Explorer

OneDrive folders will not open in File Explorer: OneDrive folders (e.g. Documents, Pictures, etc.) will not open using File Explorer. File Explorer hangs. Folders and files using OneDrive app and OneDrive online work correctly. OneDrive folders do open correctly using a non-Microsoft file manager (TreeSize Personal)....
  9. File Explorer hangs when opening OneDrive folder if Preview is on and Word document is selected

File Explorer hangs when opening OneDrive folder if Preview is on and Word document is selected: File Explorer hangs when selecting Word doc in OneDrive folder if Preview is on. It doesn't hang with any other file type that I've tried, including Excel or PDF. I've disconnected and re-connected several times and disabled Quick access. Using Windows 10 Pro....
  10. Explorer hangs when trying to open share

Explorer hangs when trying to open share: I am trying to access a share on my desktop computer from my laptop. I can connect to the share and the share appears on the left hand side in Explorer, but Explorer hangs a lot when I try to get into the share or do other operations such as changing a folder name. Sometimes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer hang onedrive

2. onedrive keeps freezing explorer

3. PC hangs when with OneDrive

4. windows explorer hangs in onedrive,
  5. onedrive makws folders hangs,
  6. explorer hangs on preview,
  7. explorer hangs when onedrive syncs,
  8. one drive hangs windows explorer,
  9. as soon as onedrive folder in explorer is clicked onedrive hangs for ages,
  10. onedrive freezes opening folder,
  11. one drive in file explorer windows 10 says not responding,