Windows 10: Explorer has changed behavior

Discus and support Explorer has changed behavior in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. All of a sudden, explorer has begun to expand all drive contents in the left side bar when navigating my hard drives. This is not a behavior I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ApertureNext, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Explorer has changed behavior

Hi.

All of a sudden, explorer has begun to expand all drive contents in the left side bar when navigating my hard drives. This is not a behavior I want, and it has never happened before.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Windows 10 1909.

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: Out of nowhere it just stopped doing it again, so problem fixed..?!

submitted by /u/ApertureNext
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ApertureNext, Dec 17, 2019

2. How to change default homepage in internet Explorer?

Hello Ron,

As you are facing issues with accessing the Internet Explorer browser on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Let us few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refer to the below article to change the homepage on your device and check if it helps.

Change your home page for Internet Explorer

Step 2: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type
      troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance
      and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 3: I suggest you to perform some of the troubleshooting steps from the link below link, Turn off add-ons, Reset Internet Explorer Settings, Open the page in Compatibility View etc. and check if it helps:

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings
    feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you
    use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons..

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on Internet Explorer, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 17, 2019
  3. RolandJS Win User
    CC Cleaner changed my browser

Some time back, I had to "rebuild" my Internet Explorer, it took several steps before it was back to normal operations. If I can find that quick-list of steps, I'll be back and post the steps in this post as an addendum.
    Meanwhile, it's possible that tweaking.com's Windows Repair (All in One) might be a good starting point. I believe there is a clickbox or two that relates to Internet Explorer; also consider clicking items #26 & 27 just to reSet to Default some Windows Prime behavior.

RolandJS, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Explorer has changed behavior

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Explorer has changed behavior

1. Explorer has changed behavior - Similar Threads - Explorer has changed

2. Insane behavior by file explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Insane behavior by file explorer.: I make a copy of a folder. Inside the copy, I make changes to files, create graphics, etc. for work.I accidentally hit Ctrl + z while the focus is on file explorer instead my graphics program.What happens? THE ENTIRE FOLDER DISAPPEARS. Why? This apparently "undid" the copy...
  3. Insane behavior by file explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Insane behavior by file explorer.: I make a copy of a folder. Inside the copy, I make changes to files, create graphics, etc. for work.I accidentally hit Ctrl + z while the focus is on file explorer instead my graphics program.What happens? THE ENTIRE FOLDER DISAPPEARS. Why? This apparently "undid" the copy...
  4. Changing cursor behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing cursor behavior: Does someone have any ideas how to make windows to move cursor to end of line with down arrow if no lines are below, like in macOS? Without using another shortcuts or buttons. submitted by /u/Windows-1251 [link] [comments]...
  5. File Explorer annoying behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer annoying behavior: Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.8.36) I'm new .. I've been looking through forum after forum and cannot find resolution to a specific problem. My job includes LOTS of email with attachments, and a couple of months ago, I began to notice annoying behavior that didn't...
  6. Seeking ways to change this File Explorer behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    Seeking ways to change this File Explorer behavior: When browsing folders to check/edit their contents using the Details view option, I notice that File Explorer has the following behavior: - I open a folder then go back - File Explorer puts that last visited folder in its bottom When browsing folders that way, one goes...
  7. Windows 10 file explorer : typing in list, behavior has changed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 file explorer : typing in list, behavior has changed: In the details view of a folder, in Windows 10 file explorer, I used to be able to start typing a filename and the cursor would move to the first-occurrence of the typed string. Now, what I'm typing is put, instead, in the search box, filtering my files list. Why did...
  8. has something changed with mouse behavior?

in Windows 10 Support
    has something changed with mouse behavior?: For the past few months, I've had a major issue with single mouse clicks maximizing windows. It is driving me nuts, and it has happened on all the PCs I use. I cannot figure out what has changed. It's truly to the point it's making me hate Windows. Did MS change something in...
  9. Sudden Copy/Paste Folders in File Explorer Behavior Change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden Copy/Paste Folders in File Explorer Behavior Change: File Explorer used to give me the option to either overwrite or skip existing files when copying a folder from one drive to another to replace a same name folder on the target drive. Today, that option dialog disappeared and the copy-paste process resulted in the automatic...
  10. Wierd File Explorer Behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    Wierd File Explorer Behavior: Just wondering if this is happening to anyone else. Whenever I right click on a shortcut and select 'Open File Location' of course File Explorer opens up as it should to the location that the shortcut points to. The weird thing is that when I close File Explorer, it...