Explorer has tabs now or no?

Discus and support Explorer has tabs now or no? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; The suspense is killing me. Does File Explorer in build 10240 have Tabs now or not? It is way too time consuming to install in a VM just to find out.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MilesAhead, Jul 23, 2015.

1. MilesAhead Win User

The suspense is killing me. Does File Explorer in build 10240 have Tabs now or not? It is way too time consuming to install in a VM just to find out. It would take about 4 hours work just to get Explorer to open without crashing(assuming I had the 10240 iso image to start with.)

:)

MilesAhead, Jul 23, 2015
  2. Studioman1 Win User

my windows explorer on my lumia 920 is not working after installing custom tiles app

I installed a custom tiles app called " My Tile Maker " by KunRuch creations. When creating a custom eplorer tile for color only , my orginal explore stop working and not difaults to whatever last page I was viewing on Bing. I've also noticed now, which
    I like, that the Bing seach now has Tabs and Favorites,where it didn't before . What is happening with my explorer app. Personally, if the Bing app has tabs and favorites, last searched, and etc. now then perhaps I don't need the explorer as this seemed to
    be the only difference between the two , besides the beautiful screenshot bing has. I still like to fix the explorer app working properly.

Thanks ,

Studioman1, Jul 23, 2015
  3. chewiebacca590 Win User
    Internet Explorer history: Any way to view History older than "Days to keep..." setting?

I had a number of tabs open a while ago in internet explorer that got closed down in a software update restart, I haven't needed to go back to them until now, but from what I can tell internet explorer deletes your history after a certain number of days
    I think the default setting is 21. It has now been a little over a month and I can't find the tabs in my history folder in internet explorer. Is there any way to view internet explorer history past the default delete point, like in a windows or Microsoft
    system file somewhere? and also, what does internet explorer count as the starting point for the days it keeps pages in history, the day they were originally opened? or the last time they were viewed or refreshed? any help would be appreciated.

chewiebacca590, Jul 23, 2015
  4. labeeman Win User

I do not see it and that would be a feature I would like to have.

[​IMG]

labeeman, Jul 23, 2015
  5. MilesAhead Win User
    That's a shame. People are still talking about using QTTabBar and similar Explorer AddOns.

MilesAhead, Jul 23, 2015
  6. fracking4oil Win User
    That's one feature MS seems to be ignoring us on, at least for the time being.

fracking4oil, Jul 23, 2015
  7. LEE
    Lee Win User
    . . .or you could give "Better Explorer" a try. . . .not a bad replacement. . .*Smile

8. MilesAhead Win User

I know about 3rd party file managers. They even have console based file managers for Windows similar to the old Dos XtGold. I was just curious if they got around to tabbing Explorer.

MilesAhead, Jul 23, 2015
  9. TairikuOkami Win User
    People at Microsoft use Total Commander, so they do not care much about upgrading Explorer. *Sleepy

TairikuOkami, Jul 23, 2015
  10. MilesAhead Win User
    Heh heh. I have both 32 and 64 bit versions of it installed. Maybe when I sync folders I open it. Sometimes. I also have Multi-Commander that is supposed to be true multi-threaded. But I haven't tried it. I wrote so many little hotkey things that open and arrange Explorer windows that I tend to use those. On DonationCoder there are a lot of Dopus fans. I have the trial version but haven't installed it yet. Explorer has the advantage it is already loaded in memory so... *Smile

MilesAhead, Jul 23, 2015
  11. TairikuOkami Win User
    I was really trying to use the default Explorer, no choice, since my previous Explorer++ crashes a lot, I could live without tabs, but it just refuses to remember even simple settings like View, when Apply to All folders is used. Not to mention, it keeps adding new stuff into Quick/Recent Access, even though it is disabled. Luckily I have settled with XYplorer for now, looks pretty decent. *Cool

TairikuOkami, Jul 23, 2015
  12. MilesAhead Win User
    I really liked freeCommander. But it was done in Delphi. When the 64 bit OS became ubiquitous it kind of killed it. the XE edition just doesn't feel the same.

[​IMG]

MilesAhead, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Explorer has tabs now or no? - Similar Threads - Explorer has tabs

1. USB default ICON has changed in Explorer - how to get it back?

in Windows 10 Support
    USB default ICON has changed in Explorer - how to get it back?: Hello. After a crash while updating, and a "windows 10 selfrepair", my Windows now seens to run okay again. Execpt when I put an USB stick in the PC it has an icon for a DVD?? It is not a specific USB-stick. Any USB-stick shows up as a DVD in Explorer and in TotalCommander....
  2. Win10 Explorer search has that slow green bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Explorer search has that slow green bar: I use the WindowsKey-E to bring up File Explorer (FE). I want to search for something in indexed locations. FE comes up with "This PC" in the "where to search" bar. That's fine... that's what I want. When I type something in, I get the slow green bar coming across. I don't...
  3. Windows Explorer has become unusable.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer has become unusable.: I am almost unable to make any use of Windows Explorer, because the size of its text and icons has shrunk to such minute proportions it cannot be read, even when using a magnifier. It is not about text size in Settings, text is unreadable however large it is 'set.' I do...
  4. Copy/Paste causes "Explorer has stopped" error and then restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy/Paste causes "Explorer has stopped" error and then restarts: Please help! I have seen similar issues but can't pinpoint if there is a fix for Windows 10. For the past couple days I am unable to copy/paste. The copy function appears to be working, but when pasting (either right click V or via paste) the "explorer has stopped" error...
  5. USB (Thumbdrive) has Explorer automatically opening

in Windows 10 Support
    USB (Thumbdrive) has Explorer automatically opening: Here's something absolutely startling that's been happening lately. When I insert a USB drive into my computer, close down Windows Explorer, put the machine to sleep and then decide it's had enough rest so awaken it, Windows Explorer will automatically pop up. If I remove...
  6. File Explorer's "Quick Access Ribbon" has more to it than shown.

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer's "Quick Access Ribbon" has more to it than shown.: If you're like me, you always jump between the different menu tabs on the File Explorer window. Home, Share, View, Play etc. [img] For me I always use Cut/Paste/Delete/Rename buttons, along with New Folder and Select All when editing or moving files. None of the other...
  7. Windows file explorer has stopped responding

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows file explorer has stopped responding: Hello all, I will be marking this as solved. The steps that I have taken is removing the file explorer Icon adding a shortcut to my documents. This will stop the library from checking for the external drive that is constantly causing this problem. -Hayden
Explorer has tabs now or no? solved