Windows 10: Explorer has tabs now or no?

Discus and support Explorer has tabs now or no? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The suspense is killing me. Does File Explorer in build 10240 have Tabs now or not? It is way too time consuming to install in a VM just to find out.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MilesAhead, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Explorer has tabs now or no?

The suspense is killing me. Does File Explorer in build 10240 have Tabs now or not? It is way too time consuming to install in a VM just to find out. It would take about 4 hours work just to get Explorer to open without crashing(assuming I had the 10240 iso image to start with.)

:)

MilesAhead, Jul 22, 2015

2. my windows explorer on my lumia 920 is not working after installing custom tiles app

I installed a custom tiles app called " My Tile Maker " by KunRuch creations. When creating a custom eplorer tile for color only , my orginal explore stop working and not difaults to whatever last page I was viewing on Bing. I've also noticed now, which
    I like, that the Bing seach now has Tabs and Favorites,where it didn't before . What is happening with my explorer app. Personally, if the Bing app has tabs and favorites, last searched, and etc. now then perhaps I don't need the explorer as this seemed to
    be the only difference between the two , besides the beautiful screenshot bing has. I still like to fix the explorer app working properly.

Thanks ,

Studioman1, Jul 22, 2015
  3. Internet Explorer history: Any way to view History older than "Days to keep..." setting?

I had a number of tabs open a while ago in internet explorer that got closed down in a software update restart, I haven't needed to go back to them until now, but from what I can tell internet explorer deletes your history after a certain number of days
    I think the default setting is 21. It has now been a little over a month and I can't find the tabs in my history folder in internet explorer. Is there any way to view internet explorer history past the default delete point, like in a windows or Microsoft
    system file somewhere? and also, what does internet explorer count as the starting point for the days it keeps pages in history, the day they were originally opened? or the last time they were viewed or refreshed? any help would be appreciated.

chewiebacca590, Jul 22, 2015
  4. labeeman Win User

Explorer has tabs now or no?

I do not see it and that would be a feature I would like to have.

Explorer has tabs now or no? [​IMG]

labeeman, Jul 22, 2015
  5. That's a shame. People are still talking about using QTTabBar and similar Explorer AddOns.

MilesAhead, Jul 22, 2015
  6. That's one feature MS seems to be ignoring us on, at least for the time being.

fracking4oil, Jul 22, 2015
  7. LEE
    Lee Win User
    . . .or you could give "Better Explorer" a try. . . .not a bad replacement. . .*Smile

8. Explorer has tabs now or no?

I know about 3rd party file managers. They even have console based file managers for Windows similar to the old Dos XtGold. I was just curious if they got around to tabbing Explorer.

MilesAhead, Jul 23, 2015
  9. People at Microsoft use Total Commander, so they do not care much about upgrading Explorer. *Sleepy

TairikuOkami, Jul 23, 2015
  10. Heh heh. I have both 32 and 64 bit versions of it installed. Maybe when I sync folders I open it. Sometimes. I also have Multi-Commander that is supposed to be true multi-threaded. But I haven't tried it. I wrote so many little hotkey things that open and arrange Explorer windows that I tend to use those. On DonationCoder there are a lot of Dopus fans. I have the trial version but haven't installed it yet. Explorer has the advantage it is already loaded in memory so... *Smile

MilesAhead, Jul 23, 2015
  11. I was really trying to use the default Explorer, no choice, since my previous Explorer++ crashes a lot, I could live without tabs, but it just refuses to remember even simple settings like View, when Apply to All folders is used. Not to mention, it keeps adding new stuff into Quick/Recent Access, even though it is disabled. Luckily I have settled with XYplorer for now, looks pretty decent. *Cool

TairikuOkami, Jul 23, 2015
  12. I really liked freeCommander. But it was done in Delphi. When the 64 bit OS became ubiquitous it kind of killed it. the XE edition just doesn't feel the same.

Explorer has tabs now or no? [​IMG]

MilesAhead, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Explorer has tabs now or no?

1. Explorer has tabs now or no? - Similar Threads - Explorer has tabs

2. Tabs in the Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tabs in the Explorer: If I select something in settings or something opens a folder in explorer, it opens in a new window instead of a new tab. Is there any way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tabs-in-the-explorer/6dde226b-2137-4e08-b465-c93c462d4bd9
  3. Tabs in the Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tabs in the Explorer: If I select something in settings or something opens a folder in explorer, it opens in a new window instead of a new tab. Is there any way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tabs-in-the-explorer/6dde226b-2137-4e08-b465-c93c462d4bd9
  4. No tabs in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No tabs in File Explorer: I had not been able to see File Explorer tabs 95% of the time, along with other file Explorer problems. I did an in-place upgrade today for Windows 11 Pro, and after completion still can't see tabs. All of my other File Explorer problems still exist as well. Does anyone else...
  5. Tabbed File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tabbed File Explorer: Hi - How do I used Tabbed File Explorer mentioned here: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2022/10/18/making-the-everyday-easier-with-new-experiences-available-in-windows-11/Thanks for your help!...
  6. Tabbed File Explorer

Tabbed File Explorer: Hi - How do I used Tabbed File Explorer mentioned here: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2022/10/18/making-the-everyday-easier-with-new-experiences-available-in-windows-11/Thanks for your help!...
  7. No Tab on File Explorer

No Tab on File Explorer: I still have no tab on my File Explorer, I tried Vivetool yet, didn't work. I appreciate anyone who can help.OS Version: 2H22OS Build: 22621.674 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-tab-on-file-explorer/0f6d7e30-6bd3-4b59-bce0-93d8f38debbc
  8. Personalization explorer tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personalization explorer tab: How to remove the each link in the below image. I have find the reg key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace but. when a delete the good GUID. It's delete on center of explorer view but in the left choice below PC. It not...
  9. Personalization explorer tab

Personalization explorer tab: How to remove the each link in the below image. I have find the reg key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace but. when a delete the good GUID. It's delete on center of explorer view but in the left choice below PC. It not...
  10. Windows Explorer - View Tab -> Sort By Menu has no options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer - View Tab -> Sort By Menu has no options: When I try to use the sort by tool at the top of the Explorer window, I have no options. Selecting "Choose columns..." shows that Name, Type, Size, Date Modified, and Date Created are checked. [ATTACH] If I perform a right-click somewhere among the files in the Explorer...