Windows 10: Explorer High RAM Usage

Discus and support Explorer High RAM Usage in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] All of a sudden my explorer is using a questionable amount of ram. I've seen it go up to 4GB. I do use a custom theme patcher... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Spxders, May 9, 2022.

1. Explorer High RAM Usage

Explorer High RAM Usage b5_iQfYW6wnetr1WqD3Suk0gR3puDxKHamrN4ELAJjk.jpg

All of a sudden my explorer is using a questionable amount of ram. I've seen it go up to 4GB.

I do use a custom theme patcher (SecureUXTheme) aswell as StartIsBack with my Windows but I've never had this issue before with it and the last update for the patch tool was at the end of 2021.

Hopefully the screenshots I've included below can be somewhat helpful. Sorry I can't just link them, imgur isn't working for me atm.

https://preview.redd.it/oscjnl2d8jy...bp&s=59f1b9ca02db0d211959df00507a1ef90dee3363

https://preview.redd.it/38t7tm2d8jy...bp&s=c6268aa9d526c35a948a4ce251dfbbc36396472f

https://preview.redd.it/6bjxjo2d8jy...bp&s=e25f640b446d97e2a463dd113433071edd459637

submitted by /u/Spxders
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Spxders, May 9, 2022

2. Unknown Constant RAM Usage

Hi,

To explore more on RAM usage by processes and see in-depth I advise you to open the Resource monitor, please follow the below steps.

Step 1 :

Open Task Manager

Step 2:

Click on Performance

Step 3:

At the bottom click on Open Resource Monitor

Step 4:

Under Resource Monitor windows click on Memory

Step 5:

Click on Working Set to list the top process utilizing the more RAM and then evaluate RAM usage.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, May 9, 2022
  3. lxdiamond Win User
    High RAM Usage in Win10

Thanks alot for your answers:
    @PolarNettles: yes I have a Gigabyte Z170x Gaming-3 Mainboard with Killer E2200 ethernet controller. Are there known issues with this controller?
    @Spectrum: I downloaded the program and got this screen

Explorer High RAM Usage [​IMG]
    is this of some use for you?

@AddRAM: RAMMap did nothing as I emptied all the lists. At first boot RAM usage is normal, but when I work or play some time it kinda stacks up the RAM. Snip of the resource monitor

lxdiamond, May 9, 2022
  4. TheViper Win User

Explorer High RAM Usage

high ram usage

most of the time i have ram usage like 40-60, but all of the processes are using like 400 mb and i have 4gb ram.

TheViper, May 9, 2022
Thema:

Explorer High RAM Usage

1. Explorer High RAM Usage - Similar Threads - Explorer High RAM

2. File explorer high ram usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer high ram usage: Is there any possible way to reduce file explorer high ram usage, because each time i open a file or anything the file explorer will consume more and more ram and it wont drop, unless i restart the file explorer task?...
  3. File explorer high ram usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer high ram usage: Is there any possible way to reduce file explorer high ram usage, because each time i open a file or anything the file explorer will consume more and more ram and it wont drop, unless i restart the file explorer task?...
  4. High RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High RAM Usage: Hi, I am facing problems with the system memory, even being 8GB the RAM usage at idle is 55%Meaning any emulator, or heavy game literally brings it to 99%, CANT EVEN IMAGINE 99%!...
  5. High Ram Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Ram Usage: Hi there, So this is the problem, From the time I bought this brand new IdeaPad Flex 5 itlo5 14" laptop, there has always been high ram usage when I look in task manager. The ram usage has always been around 80%. I have tried to clean install windows which removes all...
  6. High ram usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High ram usage: I recently shifted from from using linux to windows and out of 8 gigs of ram 6.2 gigs is used just with 4 tabs of edge and 2 light weight apps open. The cpu temp is also averaging about 55-60 degree C, although cpu consumption is not high . Is this normal for windows 10(Last...
  7. Windows Explorer high RAM usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer high RAM usage: Hi. I've had this issue before but it resolved itself after a windows update came along. I'm experiencing explorer.exe Windows Explorer incrementally increasing its RAM usage upwards of 5GB's and constant cpu usage around 10%. The norm is a steady 49mb's when it's acting...
  8. High usage in RAM

High usage in RAM: Hello sir/ma'am, From last 10 days, I am facing the issue regarding RAM deficiency. Inspite of having 12Gi RAM in my Laptop, it uses 10.2Gi RAM. It is the case when after restarting my Laptop, when even not a single process is running. Why so ?? Please help me to resolve the...
  9. high ram usage

high ram usage: [ATTACH][ATTACH] In a few days, ago my ram usage is very in a 2 or more app open. and I have 60% in no app I cant do work on my pc and' I have 4GB' ram please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-ram-usage/21f73eed-4478-4761-8517-56f96820e39b
  10. High RAM usage!

High RAM usage!: Me again! Im using Windows 10 and my laptop has 8 RAM. It is always on 80-90% usage? WHAT THE HELL? I see some posts about Memory Leak? Any tips for this to solve? P.S: I have another post about Windows Defender, so if you can help,ill be thankful! [ATTACH]...