Windows 10: Explorer icon size

Discus and support Explorer icon size in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to change Explorer icon size for pictures.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ronnjo, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Ronnjo Win User

Explorer icon size

How to change Explorer icon size for pictures.

:)

Ronnjo, Oct 17, 2018
  2. wolf2009 Win User

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

i dont think this answers the question , how do i make all icons in all folders appear "Large Icons" .

thx tho .

wolf2009, Oct 17, 2018
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Oct 17, 2018
  4. Explorer icon size

Icon indentation (Tiles or Content) in Window Explorer is too large. How to restore to default?

Hi,

There is a possibility that an unexpected changed was applied to the display view on your system after the update was installed. To address this concern, we suggest modifying the size of the icons in File Explorer. Follow these steps to do so:

• Open the File Explorer.
    • Click on the View tab.
    • Choose your preferred icon size.

Explorer icon size 7cc9dbe7-5e83-4c80-ab43-e732c071566c.png
    Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

Explorer icon size

1. Explorer icon size - Similar Threads - Explorer icon size

2. Change icon size in File Explorer 22621.2506

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change icon size in File Explorer 22621.2506: Hello guys,got a problem... After the new 22621.2506 update my whole File Explorer, of course, got changed... no big surprise. First of all, anyone maybe knows how to restore the design/ layout of version 22621.2500? I'd like to have that back...Second thing, like mentioned...
  3. Change icon size in File Explorer 22621.2506

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change icon size in File Explorer 22621.2506: Hello guys,got a problem... After the new 22621.2506 update my whole File Explorer, of course, got changed... no big surprise. First of all, anyone maybe knows how to restore the design/ layout of version 22621.2500? I'd like to have that back...Second thing, like mentioned...
  4. Icon Sizes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon Sizes: Anyone help me? It hurts my eyes to see some icons being smaller than others. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-sizes/7a2cb0dd-813f-4323-aac0-ea8f74e1f33c
  5. File explorer icon size

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer icon size: Heyo Is there a way to set the size of every icon in file explorer to be the same all throughout my C drive? 159475
  6. Icon sizes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icon sizes: I downloaded a 2020 upgrade to my embroidery digitizing program, Embird. It also has an iconizer which shows pics of my designs when I look in Windows Explorer. Until I upgraded, the icons could be made into several appearances from list to extra large icons. Since the...
  7. icon size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    icon size: My Pandora app is tiny on both my app site and the taskbar. I have windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/icon-size/eccce19c-3ddf-4749-b69c-956e5bb66dec
  8. Icon size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon size: I have been setting up a newer computer and I have setup the recommended size for the display (1360X768) but the desktop icons and all displayed items seem to tall to me. Is there a way to adjust these so they not so tall? Thanks Ben 63368
  9. icon size

in Windows 10 Support
    icon size: The 3 default icon sizes still too large to my liking. Can reduce size further by pressing Control and turning the mouse wheel. After restart, however, they are back to Large and the arrangement on the desktop all mixed up. Who can help ?? 24602
  10. Icon Size

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon Size: What do I keep doing to decrease the size of the icons on my desktop? It's not killing me, but it's INCREDIBLY annoying to have to resize the icons every three minutes. This never happened in Windows 8.1 by the way. 34437